how do u make instant pudding not so runny

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#1New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 03:41:19
every time i try to make pudding its always runny and not as whipped up as it is in the store and i tried not using as much milk and its still runny.
so if anyone can tell me how to do it then that would be great.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 03:45:55
Have you tried making non-instant? Like the stuff you have to actually heat up first and then chill?
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#3New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 04:17:15
@darkangel28 Said

every time i try to make pudding its always runny and not as whipped up as it is in the store and i tried not using as much milk and its still runny.
so if anyone can tell me how to do it then that would be great.

You are not mixing it enough. Make sure to use whole milk as well. I put it in a mason jar and shake the crap out of it, then refrigerate for at least ½ hour before serving.

J.R.
jismo On August 09, 2012

bismarck, North Dakota
#4New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 04:25:48
@JR_Sanford Said

You are not mixing it enough. Make sure to use whole milk as well. I put it in a mason jar and shake the crap out of it, then refrigerate for at least ½ hour before serving.

J.R.

Oh I absolutely love this suggestion! I'm gonna have to try it myself!
im a maplestoryadict

#5New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 04:32:37
@Eaglebauer Said

Have you tried making non-instant? Like the stuff you have to actually heat up first and then chill?

ya i always end up burning it thats why i dont like heating it up.
i would rather make the stuff u dont have to heat up.
im a maplestoryadict

#6New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 04:35:01
@JR_Sanford Said

J.R.

well i got some buttermilk but i was going to use that and if that dont work i am going to try and use the pasterized whipped cream.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#7New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 04:37:57
substituting things other than milk with instant pudding usually results in failure. The instant mix is made in a way to only work with milk.
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#8New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 05:03:31
I have made lots of instant pudding. First get a top brand of pudding, not sugar free. Suffer the sugar it is worth it. Then measure the correct amount of whole milk less just a little, into a blender. Get the bowls ready and line them up. Then quickly dump the box of powder pudding mix into the blender and put the lid on the blender. Turn on the blender medium speed for 10 seconds. Quickly pull the lid off the blender and immediately pour into the bowls. The faster you pour the easier the blender is to clean. Place the uncovered bowls into the refrigerator for one hour. Top with banana slices or just gobble it up.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#9New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 05:05:59
you can use regular jello to flavor whipped cream, usually with canned fruit, nuts and or mini marshmallows. Its got a name but I can't think of it right now. My mom makes that sometimes. It's not pudding though. You have to be careful to not mix up the whipped cream too much if you mix it too much or too hard it "falls" and gets way too runny and it will not whip up again.

It looks something like this:

The last time I made instant pudding I think I remember my mom saying to make sure the milk was really cold, even if I had to put it in the freezer a bit. I have heard lots of people trying to substitute the milk for soy milk and bunch of other things to avoid the dairy and it not working out well at all. Cooked pudding is different, some of that works ok with substitution.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 05:10:28
@DiscordTiger Said

whip up again.

eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#11New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 05:16:35
I wonder if the OP is letting it sit in the fridge long enough? When I make instant pudding it's pretty runny, but you're supposed to let it chill for a while, then it's the right consistency.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#12New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 06:03:52
That doesn't sound very "instant" then...doesn't that defeat the point sort of? When I think of instant, I think, "mix it up, and eat it". Maybe it's just a marketing fail on the part of the pudding company though.
im a maplestoryadict

#13New Post! Aug 16, 2011 @ 06:21:12
@Lili Said

That doesn't sound very "instant" then...doesn't that defeat the point sort of? When I think of instant, I think, "mix it up, and eat it". Maybe it's just a marketing fail on the part of the pudding company though.

it says on the directions on the box u are supposed to let it sit for 5 minutes and then it will be ready to eat after that.
kzhen8 On September 06, 2011

New York, New York
#14New Post! Sep 01, 2011 @ 16:38:27
That's the same problem that I had, but the pudding that I made wasn't instant. Thanks for the tip, maybe I didn't stir it long enough.
im a maplestoryadict

#15New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 04:43:38
@kzhen8 Said

That's the same problem that I had, but the pudding that I made wasn't instant. Thanks for the tip, maybe I didn't stir it long enough.

it also says on the box u are supposed to use 2 cups of milk but i only use 1 cup cuz if i use 2 it makes it really runny
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs