how do u find the product key on your computer

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#1New Post! Feb 22, 2009 @ 04:38:27
ok heres the thing i am having problems with my computer and i keep getting this blue screen pop up that says it beginning dump of physical memory and i cant get rid of windows unless i get rid of that screen cuz it keeps popping up every few minutes and back in september i was doing it and so i had to call tech support and they told me i had to change the product key and i had the product key and the express code written down on a peice of paper but i think it might have gotten thrown away some how and so i was just wondering if i could find it somewhere on the computer.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#2New Post! Feb 22, 2009 @ 04:40:37
I have a laptop. I know that my product key is on the bottom of my computer. I would imagine that on a desktop, it's on the back. I could definitely be wrong about that!
im a maplestoryadict

#3New Post! Feb 22, 2009 @ 05:51:34
ya it is but i had to change it when i got the computer cuz they said the one i had was expired.
so the one that i have on the computer isnt the right one.
myk1992 On August 01, 2011

Deleted

Tired out shack :), United Kin
#4New Post! Feb 22, 2009 @ 13:52:14
I'm not sure but you could try contacting tech support again, and ask them how you can find it.
I'm sure that they will be more than happy to help you.
im a maplestoryadict

#5New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 16:25:54
well i did and i guess i am gonna have to buy a new hard drive cuz they told me that i had to transfer the computer into my name and that i can do it on another computer other than my own and i went to do it on my moms computer and it said i had to do it on mine but i cant get on mine so i guess im just screwed.
Savvyd On March 06, 2009

Georgetown, Texas
#6New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 16:31:22
Ah, Tech support. I used to do that.

To find your product key for your computer, right click on "my computer" left click "properties" and under the general tab you Will find all of your system information.
You should see System : Microsoft Windows (OS)
The edition your running
Version
Service Pack #

Registered To: (Your Name)
Product key #
Should have an OEM in it...

Computer Info: (blah blah blah)
and so on.
Hope this helps.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 16:34:08
The one on your computer is the correct one. They don't expire.
Savvyd On March 06, 2009

Georgetown, Texas
#8New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 16:38:07
@darkangel28 Said

ya it is but i had to change it when i got the computer cuz they said the one i had was expired.
so the one that i have on the computer isnt the right one.

I think what darkangel28 is saying is that when she got the computer she had a key that had already been used.

I see now... you will need to reinstall windows, and have a fresh CD key for the installation. This doesn't mean that you will need to buy a new hard drive, you just need a new copy of the windows operating system with a brand new key.
If you can access the information on the computer I would suggest backing up all of your important documents onto cds so that you don't lose the information.
Then proceed to reinstall windows normally.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#9New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 17:05:11
You cannot get the product key from your computer. The product "ID" is in your system information that is established when your system has been installed . There is an installation number that is created in your registry as well but that is only required if you are changing your product key
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 17:17:29
@kentoo Said

You cannot get the product key from your computer.

There are several utilities that give you the currently-installed Windows product key.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#11New Post! Feb 23, 2009 @ 17:20:46
@jonnythan Said

There are several utilities that give you the currently-installed Windows product key.
Thanks for the info.
im a maplestoryadict

#12New Post! Feb 24, 2009 @ 01:54:12
@Savvyd Said

Ah, Tech support. I used to do that.

To find your product key for your computer, right click on "my computer" left click "properties" and under the general tab you Will find all of your system information.
You should see System : Microsoft Windows (OS)
The edition your running
Version
Service Pack #

Registered To: (Your Name)
Product key #
Should have an OEM in it...

Computer Info: (blah blah blah)
and so on.
Hope this helps.

ya i did that already and the product key or the express code wasnt but i am probably gonna have to get a new hard drive cuz i cant get on the internet on my computer and they said in order for them to fix it i have transfer the ownership into my name and they said they cant do it over the phone anymore and so u have to do it over the internet and u have to do it on the computer u are transfering from and i cant on my computer in regular mode only in safe mode and i cant get on the internet in safe mode my computer wont connect to the server when its in safe mode with networking and so the only thing i can think to fix it is to get a new hard drive.
im a maplestoryadict

#13New Post! Feb 24, 2009 @ 02:00:51
@jonnythan Said

The one on your computer is the correct one. They don't expire.

@Savvyd Said

I think what darkangel28 is saying is that when she got the computer she had a key that had already been used.

I see now... you will need to reinstall windows, and have a fresh CD key for the installation. This doesn't mean that you will need to buy a new hard drive, you just need a new copy of the windows operating system with a brand new key.
If you can access the information on the computer I would suggest backing up all of your important documents onto cds so that you don't lose the information.
Then proceed to reinstall windows normally.

i cant reinstall windows until i get rid of the stupid blue screen that keeps popping up every few minutes which is the reason why i needed to transfer the computer into my name cuz dell told me that they couldnt access the troubleshooting to fix it unless it was in my name or unless i knew the name of the person that owned it before me but i cant do that which is why i need a new hard drive.
im a maplestoryadict

#14New Post! Feb 24, 2009 @ 02:02:37
@darkangel28 Said

ya i did that already and the product key or the express code wasnt but i am probably gonna have to get a new hard drive cuz i cant get on the internet on my computer and they said in order for them to fix it i have transfer the ownership into my name and they said they cant do it over the phone anymore and so u have to do it over the internet and u have to do it on the computer u are transfering from and i cant on my computer in regular mode only in safe mode and i cant get on the internet in safe mode my computer wont connect to the server when its in safe mode with networking and so the only thing i can think to fix it is to get a new hard drive.

i am not talking about the product key for windows i am talking about the one for my computer.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#15New Post! Feb 24, 2009 @ 02:35:03
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs