Bisexuality

homosexuality and religion, help please

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
sama On December 25, 2011

Zahanah, Tunisia
#1New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 15:53:55
I'm a lesbian..My whole life I've been told that's homosexuality is a terrible sin since I'm a muslim so when this started I've tried to change it and with time, I've learned this wasn't a choice and not something I can change, sure. Lately I've found someone who truly loves me and I love her back, but whenever I pray and think about god..I feel like such a hypocrite..I mean homosexuality is a sin in Islam, I love god but I know this is my life, I'm always going to be this way ! and I don't want to live in alone, or with some guy I could never love, but I don't want to give up on god either..I feel that I can never be loved by god this way..I don't know if it's true or if it's my society effect on me, all I know is that I'm really depressed because of all this..I need help
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#2New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 18:21:31
@sama Said

I'm a lesbian..My whole life I've been told that's homosexuality is a terrible sin since I'm a muslim so when this started I've tried to change it and with time, I've learned this wasn't a choice and not something I can change, sure. Lately I've found someone who truly loves me and I love her back, but whenever I pray and think about god..I feel like such a hypocrite..I mean homosexuality is a sin in Islam, I love god but I know this is my life, I'm always going to be this way ! and I don't want to live in alone, or with some guy I could never love, but I don't want to give up on god either..I feel that I can never be loved by god this way..I don't know if it's true or if it's my society effect on me, all I know is that I'm really depressed because of all this..I need help

Since you say you were born this way and there is nothing you can do to change it, then you are as God has made you. Why would God not love you just the way you are?
Don't worry about what other people think, as long as you are not hurting anyone or yourself, live the life that was gifted to you.
CausaMortis On April 20, 2012

San Antonio, Texas
#3New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 18:22:04
@sama Said

Can't speak much about Islam, but we have a saying in Christianity, "we are all even at the foot of the cross." Essentially this means that when viewed from the perspective of christ hanging on the cross we are all equally guilty of sinning and have fallen short. God doesn't think any better or worse of you because you're a homosexual than he thinks of my propensity to get drunk every other weekend. I struggle with certain types of sin that probably isn't too much of a problem for you, I struggle with drukeness and telling white lies to my wife to not hurt her feelings, others may have problems with being tempted to steal. However in the sight of an all knowing, omnipotent god, we're all equally guilty of sinning.

That all said in the eyes of the law all acts are not treated the same, people are treated different if they conmit an act like lying to their spouse as opposed to theft or murder, and rightfully so.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#4New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 18:24:20
If God doesn't accept homosexuals, does he deserve your praise?
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#5New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 18:27:53
@sama Said

This is such bulls*** I can't see straight!!!!! HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A SIN, and I'm sorry that Muslims feel that way, as do so many "supposed" Christians. What the hell is everyone who is saying these things afraid of?????? Religion and a belief in a benevolent Higher Power is NOT supposed to make a person depressed or suicidal.....what the f***?????!!!!! MY God is a loving and accepting God who does NOT dictate what my sexual choices are. Sama, I would encourage you to get some professional help that can hear your feelings...you are a beautiful child of a LOVING GOD, and you should feel free to love who you choose.....

San Antonio, Texas
#6New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 18:32:52
Can you atheists hold yourselves back from s***ting all over OP's belief in God?

She never asserted that she struggles with her belief in god, she probably just wants to know how reconcile it with her lifestyle, saying things like god is "all forgiving and all loving" might be a good step, if you don't believe, then fine don't say it. But I think it's bad form to take a giant piss on her religion because you have an axe to grind.
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#7New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 18:35:20
@CausaMortis Said

Can you atheist hold yourselves back from s***ting all over OP's belief in God?

She never asserted that she struggles with her belief in god, she's probably just wants to know how reconcile it with her lifestyle, saying things like god is all forgiving and loving might be a good step, if you don't believe, then fine don't say it. But I think it's bad form to take a giant piss on her religion.

I hope you're not referring to my post, Causa.....

San Antonio, Texas
#8New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 18:37:02
@BozieFozie Said

I hope you're not referring to my post, Causa.....

No one in particular, I just wanted to put a stop to it before it really starts, and it will start; this train is never late
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#9New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 18:39:21
@CausaMortis Said

No one in particular, I just wanted to put a stop to it before it really starts, and it will start; this train is never late

Oh, I get it. Thanks, because I'm NOT an atheist, far from it. And I'm not trying to change the OP's religion, just supporting how I feel about homophobes who think they know God's stand on homosexuality!

San Antonio, Texas
#10New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 18:51:27
@BozieFozie Said

Oh, I get it. Thanks, because I'm NOT an atheist, far from it. And I'm not trying to change the OP's religion, just supporting how I feel about homophobes who think they know God's stand on homosexuality!

I wouldn't assert anything to the contrary. Belief in god brings a lot of people meaning and happiness in life, and sometimes people just want to be reminded, that within the constructs of an all loving, all powerful god, who created a near inifinite universe; this same omnipotent god has the capacity of looking past their our relatively insignificant flaws, and seeing that at our core we can still be good people. None of us are perfect.

Sorry all I realize I came off probably offensive and abrassive, I felt a tremendous urge to protect OP's beliefs. The way I coveyed my message wasn't justified. I'll stop now
EtoTheeyepipower On February 06, 2012

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#11New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 20:22:59
Living as a homosexual in a society, which condemns homosexuality, is difficult; but it must be possible. People like Walt Whitman, TE Lawrence, and Alan Turing have done it. Until recently, homosexuality was not tolerated here in the United States. People had to hide their situation.

So I asked two male friends of my great grandmother, who began as a homosexual couple in the 1950's. Most people, like customers, colleagues, friends, and relatives, didn't know they were gay. They were careful about he knew. The fact that they were also business partners must have helped.
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#12New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 20:35:05
@EtoTheeyepipower Said

Living as a homosexual in a society, which condemns homosexuality, is difficult; but it must be possible. People like Walt Whitman, TE Lawrence, and Alan Turing have done it. Until recently, homosexuality was not tolerated here in the United States. People had to hide their situation.

So I asked two male friends of my great grandmother, who began as a homosexual couple in the 1950's. Most people, like customers, colleagues, friends, and relatives, didn't know they were gay. They were careful about he knew. The fact that they were also business partners must have helped.

Agreed. It's so much easier to be homosexual in America today, with Gay Rights at an all-time high as far as membership by homosexuals as well as hetros. I am a straight, married woman who is totally accepting of homosexuals. The do not dictate who I have sex with and vice-versa. I was active in AidAtlanta for many years, serving on the AIDS Quilt Committee and making close friends with many gay men and women. I was newly married/pregnant, and when my daughter was born, joyfully passed her around my group so she could be held and loved by so many whose families had rejected them as "unclean". And yet, gays are still the subject of bigotry, hatred and brutality. Rather than accepting and rejoicing in homosexuality, many try to psychoanalyze and proselytize people for their lifestyles. WHY????
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#13New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 20:35:11
@sama Said

Don't let others tell you who or what God is.

From my perspective you are loving yourself and being a great love to someone else.

Any God worth respecting would want what you have for both of you.

You're very pretty, BTW she's a very lucky girl.
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#14New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 20:37:27
@Electric_Banana Said

Don't let others tell you who or what God is.

From my perspective you are loving yourself and being a great love to someone else.

Any God worth respecting would want what you have for both of you.

You're very pretty, BTW she's a very lucky girl.

Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Dec 25, 2011 @ 20:41:59

Did I say something ironic?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs