Forums: Science:
Psychology

high school psychology project

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
horrorshow25 On January 06, 2009

Minneapolis, Minnesota
#1New Post! Jan 02, 2009 @ 18:57:36
Perhaps I'm out of line for posting this here, but I might as well give it a try. For our AP psychology class at school, we are required to do a two week focus project on the topic of our choice. It's a miracle I was able to narrow it down to one particular topic... but I somehow managed to. Yet now I have a problem: We have to have a "scan of current literature" with about 5-10 articles of what the professionals says about my topic. Thing is, I have no clue what exactly my topic is, or how to search for it.

Here is what my experiment consists of:
I will either have people play a game that is rigged to make them win (and give them a piece of candy or something as a reward), show them a series of people ecstatically smiling, or show them a really relaxing picture. Then, afterwards, I will present a fairly neutral face and have them rate, on a scale of 1-10, how generous, kind, agreeable, and happy they perceive the face to be.

As a control group, I will just show people the faces and have them rate, without doing the other things before, to see if any difference can be shown. The main goal would be to see if I could "manipulate" these peoples perceptions.

Does this sound too "un-doable"?

I figure this deals with perception, obviously, and also perhaps context, priming and framing. Yet a basic search yields things way too general and unrelated. Anyone have any suggestions on what or how I should be searching?

I wholesomely appreciate it. Thanks a bunch!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs