Politics

fox News Admits Misquoting Obama.....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#1New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 18:39:19
https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/fox-news-steve-doocy-clarifies-misquoting-obama-silver-140707260.html Wow, just wow!! Shino was right about fox news...
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 18:41:22
So a reporter quoted something wrong and then publicly corrected himself.

Um.

This happens all the time.

Chicago, Illinois
#3New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 18:48:01
@Eaglebauer Said

Um.

Yeah it does, but IMO...all too often for this network!
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 18:50:20
@Eaglebauer Said

Um.

I find it interesting that the reporter was smirking while saying the misquote.

Chicago, Illinois
#5New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 18:50:42
@LuckyCharms Said

Me too!
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 18:59:01
@LuckyCharms Said

Okay...that does seem to violate a degree of objectivism that ought to be upheld in the news media. I'll agree with that. I just think it's odd that it's being reported on that someone in the media misquoted something or someone and then made a correction.

It just isn't really news in my opinion...and if it is? Well...then there's going to be really long news broadcasts from now on about everyone else who does the same thing.

Do we really want to chastise a news network for correcting itself?
Magically Delicious

#7New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 19:04:04
@Eaglebauer Said

Okay...that does seem to violate a degree of objectivism that ought to be upheld in the news media. I'll agree with that. I just think it's odd that it's being reported on that someone in the media misquoted something or someone and then made a correction.

It just isn't really news in my opinion...and if it is? Well...then there's going to be really long news broadcasts from now on about everyone else who does the same thing.

Do we really want to chastise a news network for correcting itself?

Actually if Fox corrected themselves more often I think it would be a good thing.

The issue is that Fox pulls this kind of crap all the time. And then sells themselves as a 'fair and balanced' media source as if it is some paragon of objectivity.

So yeah when they pull this kind of stuff, I don't mind taking the pound of flesh. Besides, Murdoch is a douche.
Bukwis On February 05, 2013

Port Edward, Canada
#8New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 19:09:22
@Eaglebauer Said

Um.

It's the other times that they report things erroneously and don't correct themselves, that we should be concerned with. And it's not just Fox that does it.

ALL media has an agenda, whether they admit it or not.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 19:12:53
@Bukwis Said

It's the other times that they report things erroneously and don't correct themselves, that we should be concerned with. And it's not just Fox that does it.

ALL media has an agenda, whether they admit it or not.

Yeah. I can agree with that.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#10New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 20:03:47
Obviously, this amounts to criminal fraud
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#11New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 21:48:03
@El_Tino Said

No doubt.
Bukwis On February 05, 2013

Port Edward, Canada
#12New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 21:56:24
@El_Tino Said

Yes. Fraud

@Wikipedia Said
In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent. The specific legal definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Fraud is a crime, and also a civil law violation. Defrauding people or entities of money or valuables is a common purpose of fraud, but there have also been fraudulent "discoveries", e.g., in science, to gain prestige rather than immediate monetary gain.
A hoax also involves deception, but without the intention of gain or of damaging or depriving the victim.

Now, who wants in on a class action?
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#13New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 22:27:00
Apart from fellating Obama, I am not sure how much nicer the mainstream media could be to him. I remember being subject here in Australia to the George Bush gaffs, but we never get the Obama ones - and it isn't that he doesn't make them, as he has made quite a few.

Singling out one media company as being biased, makes as much sense as saying we should listen to Hollywood actors when they talk politics.
Magically Delicious

#14New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 22:30:06
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Apart from fellating Obama, I am not sure how much nicer the mainstream media could be to him. I remember being subject here in Australia to the George Bush gaffs, but we never get the Obama ones - and it isn't that he doesn't make them, as he has made quite a few.

Singling out one media company as being biased, makes as much sense as saying we should listen to Hollywood actors when they talk politics.

Tune into Fox.

I don't know why you guys aren't getting them. We do. And not just from Fox.

However it is important to note that Romney is the beneficiary of the media's "special" attention these days. He's getting a larger portion of positive press than Obama and a smaller portion of negative press.

Chicago, Illinois
#15New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 23:00:41
@bob_the_fisherman Said

https://www.politicususa.com/media-bias-exposed-romney-gets-3-times-more-positive-coverage-than-obama.html I'm not sure "how much" either.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs