Health & Fitness

food poisoning?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
lets_see On May 17, 2009

Deleted

Alabama,
#1New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 11:34:13
I ate late last night and woke up early with severe cramps in my stomach. it was like somebody was taking my stomach and twisting it. needless to say I spent an hour on the floor in the bathroom not able to move. now im on the couch. my stomachs still aching but isn't cramping. I was finally able to hold down some water too. could it have been food poisoning? or is it just the flu? my doctor couldn't tell me, what are your experiences?
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#2New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 11:44:40
I know when I had food poisoning, there was much vomiting, and diahreah involved..alot of sweating too. I had a violent headach for three days straight after too.
Very unpleasant.

If it keeps up, get to the doctor to be safe.
Could be anything from the flu to your appendex, or something else.
lets_see On May 17, 2009

Deleted

Alabama,
#3New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 11:58:41
I have chills and vomitting. like I said severe stomach cramping at times. im worried about the baby. even if its the flu, I want to make sure my babys ok.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#4New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 12:02:58
@lets_see Said

I have chills and vomitting. like I said severe stomach cramping at times. im worried about the baby. even if its the flu, I want to make sure my babys ok.

Hummm, I didn't have any cramping at all, but that is a symptom usually associated with the flu.

You really should get to the doctor as soon as possible if it keeps up just to make sure.
I know that's probably the last thing you want to do when feeling like crap; but if you are pregnant, it's best to be in a doctors care.

I really hope it's some 'passing' thing..
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 12:03:12
doesnt sound like flu. more prob upset tummy
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#6New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 13:17:49
This will sound silly,but if you have any Bananas eat one,there the best thing for an upset stomach,their full of potasium,and wont hurt you.
Avoid Dairy products at all costs,they curdle and come back with a vengance.
IcyMist On February 17, 2010

Tampa, Florida
#7New Post! Oct 31, 2008 @ 19:36:37
If you are having cramping you really should go to the doctor and be checked out. I honestly have no clue if it is the flu or something you ate but cramping doesn't sound good to me.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#8New Post! Nov 01, 2008 @ 01:29:07
@lets_see Said

I ate late last night and woke up early with severe cramps in my stomach. it was like somebody was taking my stomach and twisting it. needless to say I spent an hour on the floor in the bathroom not able to move. now im on the couch. my stomachs still aching but isn't cramping. I was finally able to hold down some water too. could it have been food poisoning? or is it just the flu? my doctor couldn't tell me, what are your experiences?

Yep, sounds like classic food poisoning to me.
It generally sets in about 7-8 hours after you have eaten - I had had food poisoning twice, and in both cases, it was because I ate chicken that was not cooked thoroughly.
Water and more water, rest, and panadol. The headaches are dehydration so try to drink as much water as you can - slowly. Lemonade ice-blocks or glucose tablets are good if you can find them - perhaps get someone else to buy them for you - you aren't well enough to go anywhere.
Get well soon, and try to work out what you ate. If it was take-away, you should ring them and tell them.
You have my sympathy - food poisoning is always, always, ghastly.
lets_see On May 17, 2009

Deleted

Alabama,
#9New Post! Nov 01, 2008 @ 15:31:04
it WAS food poisoning. I had a chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell. made me quite upset. it passed quickly. it wasn't a bad case, although I did end up dehydrated. I still feel a little icky but nothing like I did yesterday morning
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#10New Post! Nov 01, 2008 @ 23:59:30
@lets_see Said

it WAS food poisoning. I had a chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell. made me quite upset. it passed quickly. it wasn't a bad case, although I did end up dehydrated. I still feel a little icky but nothing like I did yesterday morning

You should call Taco Bell and tell them so they can look into it - you wouldn't have been the only sick person.
Chicken is the way I have gotten food poisoning both times I have had it, on both occasions it wasn't cooked properly.
I'm glad you're feeling better, keep drinking water and panadol should help too.
IcyMist On February 17, 2010

Tampa, Florida
#11New Post! Nov 02, 2008 @ 00:05:16
I'm glad your feeling better too. Baby is okay? By the way, when are you due?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs