Forums:
Relationships

familly relations - anyones parents gone through a divorce? need some advice

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
politics On September 10, 2013

London`, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 14, 2007 @ 16:06:14
hey well basicly my parents wont stop fighting in the house and the next day after a fight my mum will come get me for example and start talkin about how my dad swore at her , and then my dad comes up and he goes you swore at me first and she said only because u said shutup, so i get fedup and go omg your both pathetic ( not wanting to take any sides) then i tell m ydad to go for a walk and i go to my room , my mum comes up and says how she thought more of me and thought i should defend her( in a angry fashion!) i dont want to take sides what do i do?

the worst bit is me and my other bro are going to uni in october and my little bro whos 15 is gonna be alone in the house in london
dlsharp On November 30, 2015

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
#2New Post! Sep 14, 2007 @ 16:17:00
I went through a divorce some 20 someodd years ago. I regret the way we did it not the divorce. Although I would have avoided it if there was any other way. And my reason for that is that it put my son in the middle. I wish that I had not been so selfish and not considered his feelings. That is the thing I regret most. I don't know if that is any help. But my thoughts are with you.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 14, 2007 @ 16:20:27
My parents have been divorced for 5 years, but I can't really relate to you for some reason I think it's cause my parents never argued in front of us. I was never aware they ever argued and I still don't know if they ever did at that time

I'm sorry your parents are splitting up cause it's always hard I hope it's OK soon, if you wanna chat some more PM me
rockyhps On September 22, 2008

Deleted

Granbury, Texas
#4New Post! Sep 14, 2007 @ 16:29:34
I wish you and your brothers the best, it is sad to hear that your parents are putting you through this. I too, have been through a divorce and I did my best to leave the kids out of our disagreements and arguements. She did not. I got custody of my children. The kids were old enough to KNOW what was going on. They also supported me and thanked me for Not using them. It made a big impression.

So my suggestion would be: If they continue to use you all, then all of you or at least the oldest should set them both down and tell them in your own words that They are supposed to be the Adults and setting and example, and that ya'll refuse to be sucked into the arguments and made to choose sides. Remind them thay YOU are old enough to remember All they Say and All they Do and how they are trying to use ya'll to pick sides. That you will remember their immaturity and which ones showed the most LOVE...

Sad that you will have to be the responsible one to open their eyes...

Best Wishes...
politics On September 10, 2013

London`, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 14, 2007 @ 16:38:57
thx for advice and support lucky for my bros i already told them not to get them involved but they still over hear but thx for the advice its been taken
madi On March 31, 2010

, Australia
#6New Post! Sep 16, 2007 @ 13:21:34
Divorce is a sad thing for everyone involved. I've been through it too. Remember your parents love you and that if they get divorced maybe the fighting will stop. Parents should never drag their kids into a fight. Just remember parents are only human and they make mistakes too.
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#7New Post! Sep 17, 2007 @ 00:16:53
Its completely wrong for your parents to be putting that kind of pressure on you and forcing you in a way to try and choose sides. They should grow up and act like the adults they are supposed to be.
My parents divorced when I was 11, it was a messy one and I copped it as well in being made to choose sides. I hated that time in my life. If I went to my Dad's for the weekend access visits when my brothers and I would come home, we would cop so much from mum saying stuff like we're betraying her. It was ridiculous, I know she was hurting but its not fair on the kids to have to deal with it like that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs