f*** that sewing machine. f*** it hard.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 18:41:18
So I got a mini sewing machine and it won't work for me for the life of me.

It's HELL trying to get it to make a stitch, and when it makes one, you continue to "make stitches" but their shallow and only go through ONE of the two pieces of (the very thin) fabric! I threw it in the closet after 40 minutes of trying to get this piece of s*** to work.

Yeah, it's my first time using a sewing machine ever, but I'm following the directions and their so f***ing vague.

"Make a few stitches by turning the handwheel"

Mmkkayyyy... *turns handwheel a few times*

"Pretty foot pedal and sew normally feeding materical through with fingers"

Mmkay *preses foot pedal, gets to the end of the fabric*

UM, WHY ARE THE TWO PIECES OF FABRIC NOT SEWN TOGETHER?! WHY IS THERE ONE f***ING STICH AND A WHOLE BUNCH OF UNRAVELED THREAD?!?!

*repeats steps 8 times then looks online and it's still the same*

Any ideas or should I throw this piece of s*** away?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 18:42:51
Be careful, my uncle tried doing that and ended up sewing his foreskin shut.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#3New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 18:43:23
YOu said mini, so what kind of work is it made for?
From what I remember, you just put the bobbin in and run it thru the needle, than use the foot press. But that was a full sized one.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#4New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 18:46:31
@plebian_angel Said

YOu said mini, so what kind of work is it made for?
From what I remember, you just put the bobbin in and run it thru the needle, than use the foot press. But that was a full sized one.

Just simple projects like with denim or thinner fabric.
I'm using the fabric they gave me for practice.

I put the thread through the needle and pulled it toward the rear or the machine threw the forks (as it told me).
Then it tells me to make a few stitches with the handwheel; How do I do that? How many times to I turn it? How do I know when I've made the stitches and to start using the foot pedal?

I'm confused and frustrated.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#5New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 18:46:38
How about taking it back for a refund instead of tossing it?
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#6New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 19:05:04
@Kristy69 Said

Just simple projects like with denim or thinner fabric.
I'm using the fabric they gave me for practice.

I put the thread through the needle and pulled it toward the rear or the machine threw the forks (as it told me).
Then it tells me to make a few stitches with the handwheel; How do I do that? How many times to I turn it? How do I know when I've made the stitches and to start using the foot pedal?

I'm confused and frustrated.

You need to find a sewing forum. All I remember is holding fabric taught on both sides of needle than pushing the foot pedal down while I feed the fabric.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 19:08:35
OK

**f***s the sewing maching hard**

Oh baby, Oh Baby

Wait wut?
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#8New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 19:11:31
@sTreetAngeL Said

How about taking it back for a refund instead of tossing it?

Yea, I agree with this.

I don't know which one you have, but I have known others who have had these and they said they just don't work like they are supposed to. I don't think you are doing anything wrong, I just don't think they do what they are really advertised to do.

But again, I don't know what brand or model you have so maybe that isn't the case with yours but ... I'd say its likely not sewing thru both pieces of fabric because it doesnt work like it should.
forensicgrl94 On November 04, 2014
inspector gadget

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 19:15:02
from what i remember there is normally a spool in the bottom bed of the machine that 'catches' the stitch on the other side so it all holds together, seems thats whats missing.

i can see the picture of it all in my head and it makes sence but trying to explain it all is really not happening
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#10New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 19:44:32
@forensicgrl94 Said

from what i remember there is normally a spool in the bottom bed of the machine that 'catches' the stitch on the other side so it all holds together, seems thats whats missing.

i can see the picture of it all in my head and it makes sence but trying to explain it all is really not happening

that is how they are in the full size ones, but it seems like i remember the mini ones being "bobbin-less" but I am going on memory visualizing what the box looked like that i saw at my friend's house when she got one.

The spool at the bottom you refer to is the 'bobbin'. I am not 100% sure, but I think the mini's use a chain stitch, and no bobbin.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 19:46:57
@Kristy69 Said

So I got a mini sewing machine and it won't work for me for the life of me.

It's HELL trying to get it to make a stitch, and when it makes one, you continue to "make stitches" but their shallow and only go through ONE of the two pieces of (the very thin) fabric! I threw it in the closet after 40 minutes of trying to get this piece of s*** to work.

Yeah, it's my first time using a sewing machine ever, but I'm following the directions and their so f***ing vague.

"Make a few stitches by turning the handwheel"

Mmkkayyyy... *turns handwheel a few times*

"Pretty foot pedal and sew normally feeding materical through with fingers"

Mmkay *preses foot pedal, gets to the end of the fabric*

UM, WHY ARE THE TWO PIECES OF FABRIC NOT SEWN TOGETHER?! WHY IS THERE ONE f***ING STICH AND A WHOLE BUNCH OF UNRAVELED THREAD?!?!

*repeats steps 8 times then looks online and it's still the same*

Any ideas or should I throw this piece of s*** away?

i can't help you kristy , i just thought your op was so f***ing funny . thanks for that
inspector gadget

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 19:57:06
at GSnap, well im half right?

to be truthful iv only every used the ones in home economics class and im going back a couple of years for that
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#13New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 20:19:31
@forensicgrl94 Said

at GSnap, well im half right?

to be truthful iv only every used the ones in home economics class and im going back a couple of years for that

LOL you might be full right if i'm wrong.

I am also basing my bobbin knowledge on Home Ec classes, and my aunt's sewing machine she let me use when I was a kid, because I have never owned one, and the only sewing i have done since an adult has been hand hemming pants. LOL
inspector gadget

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 20:50:17
well iv had to hand hemm jeans but thats about it (and sewing fancy patches on things)
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#15New Post! Dec 26, 2010 @ 21:04:47
@forensicgrl94 Said

It's called the "bobbin".
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs