Rants & Raves

f***ing Cancelled

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 13:33:40
Only decent thing going on this f***ing weekend has been cancelled! The Scottish cup game in Aberdeen has been cancelled. The SFA passed the pitch, Aberdeen passed the pitch but the f***ing police decided it was too dangerous for people to travel into Aberdeen because of the conditions of the roads.

The snow isn't that bad, and we can look after our f***ing selves, don't need the police to tell us whether or not we are capable of getting ourselves too the football safely. Means the game is getting replayed on a day I can't go to it, midweek, means less money for the club, congests the future fixtures and means we have to wait even longer to find out if we are going through to the next round or not.

f***ing Grampion police been watching all the hype about the snow on the news, its no worse than it normally is at this time of f***ing year.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#2New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 13:42:28
They have to be concerned about the roads, we have had more accidents on Monday, than an average week. Don't you think they are being sensible to stop any accidents that could be a fatal one?
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#3New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 13:46:40
Well just have the games move to Australia---it's summer her now
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#4New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 13:48:13
@sugarflyguy Said

They have to be concerned about the roads, we have had more accidents on Monday, than an average week. Don't you think they are being sensible to stop any accidents that could be a fatal one?

No, it's a Saturday in Aberdeen and the roads are gritted. It's like this every year, we are used to it, we know how to deal with it. It's not like it is something new, my sister still had to go to work, they aren't cancelling the film my mum is off to see (was getting a lift from her), not cancelling the train, closing roads or anything. But apparently the police don't want the football on, c***s.

I feel bad for the East Fife fans, they didn't anounce this until this morning, so all the away fans would have left before the anouncement was made, many of them on the train. How are they going to react when they get to Aberdeen and find out the game has been cancelled, not because the pitch is unsuitable, but because the Police don't think the roads going into Aberdeen are suitable.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#5New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 13:49:07
@sassi Said

Well just have the games move to Australia---it's summer her now

Normally this wouldn't happen, we have undersoil heating and covers for the pitch. The pitch is fine, just f***ing nanny state policing. Not happy .
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#6New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 13:54:59
@jmo Said

No, it's a Saturday in Aberdeen and the roads are gritted. It's like this every year, we are used to it, we know how to deal with it. It's not like it is something new, my sister still had to go to work, they aren't cancelling the film my mum is off to see (was getting a lift from her), not cancelling the train, closing roads or anything. But apparently the police don't want the football on, c***s.

I feel bad for the East Fife fans, they didn't anounce this until this morning, so all the away fans would have left before the anouncement was made, many of them on the train. How are they going to react when they get to Aberdeen and find out the game has been cancelled, not because the pitch is unsuitable, but because the Police don't think the roads going into Aberdeen are suitable.

Yeah, but everyone is running out of grit. I know about the announcement isn't the best time, they should of announced it a bit earlier
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#7New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 14:03:31
@sugarflyguy Said

Yeah, but everyone is running out of grit. I know about the announcement isn't the best time, they should of announced it a bit earlier

Aberdeen isn't running out of grit, we have it in abundance. Unlike you lot we are actually prepared for snow. It isn't snowing either, its sunny. I can't understand why it is cancelled now, specially when the inspection was done last night and the match was confirmed to be on.
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#8New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 14:05:42
@jmo Said

Normally this wouldn't happen, we have undersoil heating and covers for the pitch. The pitch is fine, just f***ing nanny state policing. Not happy .

Well then just go out and have fun---
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 14:08:02
@jmo Said

Only decent thing going on this f***ing weekend has been cancelled!

You're wrong.

The Six Nations is still on
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#10New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 14:09:58
@hedkandi1984_21 Said

You're wrong.

The Six Nations is still on

I struggle to watch Rugby at the best of times to be honest, so watching a diddy competition isn't exactly that exciting.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 14:11:54
it is silly, you are used to having snow in scotland, why jump on the hype bandwagon?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#12New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 14:13:59
@treebee Said

it is silly, you are used to having snow in scotland, why jump on the hype bandwagon?

No idea! It makes no sense, there hasn't been a game cancelled at Aberdeen for years and years, and even that time it was because it was too foggy and the players could only see about five feet infront of them.
jinks On May 17, 2009

Deleted

no place in particular,
#13New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 14:20:24
Sorry ... glad it wasn't what 'IT' appeared to be at first. Would have tried for a quickie were that the case. Might try for good one yet anyway. 8) Hey it's Saturday.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#14New Post! Feb 07, 2009 @ 14:25:01
@jinks Said

Sorry ... glad it wasn't what 'IT' appeared to be at first. Would have tried for a quickie were that the case. Might try for good one yet anyway. 8) Hey it's Saturday.

Don't mean to be a whinger, I don't like spending my time whining, but for me Saturdays are about football. I plan my entire weekend around going to the football. It upsets me when things like this/summer comes along.
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#15New Post! Feb 06, 2018 @ 18:22:41
There would be chaos if they cancelled the superbowl here. It was a few days ago & already they are counting down the days until it comes to the state next year!! Crazy stupid its must be hard to understand that not everyone eats, drinks & breathes sport. To many here they treat more seriously than a religion, its a game (& its not even that anymore, its a business!!). Sorry each to there own but its pathetic here, there are far more important things in life!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs