f***. MY. LIFE.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#1New Post! Dec 03, 2009 @ 17:30:38
Alright. So I have the Senior Project due on Monday. It's a big a** project about coming to a conclusion on a subject that you made a hypothesis about at the beginning of the school year. It involves huge amounts of data collection through interviews or surveys. So I was doing the interview option and sent out emails with questions to around 5 different NGOs and 2 different professionals. None of them f***ing replied. Do they all f***ing hate me or what? So now I have NO date and the thing is due on Monday. This project decides whether or not I graduate from this school! Literally!

So I have a talk with my teacher and I suggest doing a survey. So on Saturday, I'm off to the closes university to make 100 people take the survey. In one day. 100 people. And when I get back, I have to compile the data and analyze it for Monday. I basically have to start a 2 month-long project on Friday and finish it by Monday. I love my life. I f***ing love it so much right now.

And to top it all off, God decides he wants to f*** me over with the whole SAT business. So now I realize that the SAT 2's that I signed up for for this Saturday are usless and not what my university is looking for. Thank God for that. Now I can give out surveys all day!

And then I realize that my SAT 1 scores might have never been published due to technical difficulties on the website. So it might look like I just never took the test...

I... just... want... to... run away. I want to fall and keep falling...

f***. MY. LIFE.
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#2New Post! Dec 03, 2009 @ 17:32:13
Not into that!
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#3New Post! Dec 03, 2009 @ 17:36:00
FML..dog was sick all over
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 03, 2009 @ 19:22:25
No offence. . . .but why did you wait so long to look for alternatives? It sounds like a similar thing to a dissertation, and we've been told to think of alternative ways to collect our data if things don't go to plan, and also to give ourselves a time limit to wait for people to get back to us. If you hadn't had any responses a few weeks ago, then was the time to start looking at other methods!
Tako_400 On April 19, 2010
Keep Ya' Head Up

Deleted

Beirut, Lebanon
#5New Post! Dec 03, 2009 @ 19:49:49
@hedkandi1984_21 Said

No offence. . . .but why did you wait so long to look for alternatives? It sounds like a similar thing to a dissertation, and we've been told to think of alternative ways to collect our data if things don't go to plan, and also to give ourselves a time limit to wait for people to get back to us. If you hadn't had any responses a few weeks ago, then was the time to start looking at other methods!

But that's the thing. The project we had isn't as in-depth as a project in college. The questions we asked could be answered in matter of 3 days. And that would have been considered too long by some. So for me to finish all my questions last week Wednesday, send them out on Thursday, and have no reply up until today is not really my fault. And besides, even if I wanted to change my data collection (which we can only choose to be between surveys or interviews), I would have had to talk to my teacher and explain why. So I could not risk all the time and trouble to change my data collection method if I wasn't sure the NGOs were going to reply. I could not just pick any alternative off the top of my head. I had to do interviews and they had to work.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs