domestic violence.....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Mar 27, 2009 @ 16:51:34
Im glad you and your son are doing good now. I dont wish to discuss my own experiences on the internet but you touched on one important thing, about behind closed doors.

The absolute giveaway is when they tell you not to tell or wait until company have left and then fly at you and you know its coming.

That in itself is an admission that they are an abuser. The fact that they do not want people to know what they are doing.
Lillyanna On August 22, 2010

Deleted

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Mar 27, 2009 @ 16:58:30
Indeed and with that I agree...talking about it is therapy for me...like I'm not hiding from it...like they hide it...I'm not ashemed either...and it's not only women that are victims...there are men out there too that suffer the same..

It needs bringing out into the open..not hidden away...a taboo subject...I'm not after any sympathy...I just think it's about time as a society it wasn't tolerated

Name and shame I say
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Mar 27, 2009 @ 17:00:50
@Lillyanna Said

Indeed and with that I agree...talking about it is therapy for me...like I'm not hiding from it...like they hide it...I'm not ashemed either...and it's not only women that are victims...there are men out there too that suffer the same..

It needs bringing out into the open..not hidden away...a taboo subject...I'm not after any sympathy...I just think it's about time as a society it wasn't tolerated

Name and shame I say

its a healthy way to be, you are no victim.
lynnielou On November 17, 2010

Worthing, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Mar 27, 2009 @ 17:13:05
@HiImDan Said

First off, my cousin was involved with a piece of garbage she thought she could change by marrying it. Nobody knew what was going on until she divorced it, it held a knife over their son and she figured she had enough. Her son was still a toddler at the time. She got her divorce and a restrianing order on the piece of garbage (I got the dog, poor thing was definitely abused).
Second, I had a friend named Tom who was telliing me about "this dog" who "attacked him". His wife was just laughing away while he kept showing me bruises and claw marks on various parts of his body where "this dog bit/scratched" him. Turns out it was his wife who beat the crap out of him. Why? No reason, just felt like beating him. Evidently it was something he "just learned to live with". That marriage ended in divorce as well.

I think that this raises the important issue that it is not just women who suffer domestic violence, men do also. It can be much harder for men to report domestic violence too, what man wants to admit to having the crap beaten out of him by a woman. I know there are laws out there to protect but it's always a worry that if women/men report their partners and not much comes of it, it just makes things worse, they end up getting a good hiding for daring to seek help and bringing shame on the abuser. Get out as fast as you can the very first time a partner is violent or abusive, it never gets any better.

fuzzy_hand_cuffs On December 30, 2009
I WORK OUT

Clarksville, Tennessee
#38New Post! Apr 08, 2009 @ 00:59:56
ya, i used to be a victim, but we worked past that.
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#39New Post! Apr 08, 2009 @ 01:01:46
I have and it was horrifying. His excuse was "it's your fault for making me upset." That's ridiculous!! At first, I tried to make him understand that his mentality was completely wrong for thinking that women deserve to be "disciplined" when they raise their voice to the man. The last time he hit me, I stabbed him with scissors on his shoulder in self defense and turned his a** in. I have no idea what happened to him after that and frankly, I don't give 2 s***s about it.
bizgrad On April 04, 2010

#40New Post! Apr 08, 2009 @ 01:24:06
I guess he picked the wrong one baby.
lisajones On December 31, 2009

Woodbridge, Virginia
#41New Post! Apr 08, 2009 @ 01:53:30
There is one thing I really regret about a situation with a previous boyfriend who hit me when he was drunk. I left him, but I should have filed a police report. I regret leaving the possibility that he might hit another girlfriend in the future, and maybe she wouldn't know to leave. This was all many years ago.
linzielou82 On April 16, 2009

Newcastle, United Kingdom
#42New Post! Apr 08, 2009 @ 02:45:46
@Lillyanna Said

Name and shame I say

I find talking about it also helps. its like off loading all the crap.

You are so right about it being brought out in the open as well. All too often it is brushed under the carpet and victims are told to get on with it. People shy away from talking about it. If society on a whole was different then maybe abusers would think again before targetting their next victim.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs