Forums: Art & Literature:
Literature

do you set a goal?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sweetheart5545 On November 06, 2013

, Florida
#1New Post! Sep 28, 2012 @ 15:08:42
Do you set a goal as to how many books you want to read and write down the books that you want to be read?Or do you just take your time and read however many books you want to?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#2New Post! Sep 28, 2012 @ 15:47:22
I write down the books that I have read so I can keep track of it all. I try to test myself and get a goal of how many books I can read in a year. I am not meeting my goal this year.

, Florida
#3New Post! Sep 28, 2012 @ 15:50:56
@DorkySupergirl Said

I write down the books that I have read so I can keep track of it all. I try to test myself and get a goal of how many books I can read in a year. I am not meeting my goal this year.

that's always a good thing to do,when you finish a book,I try to read as many books as I can.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! Sep 28, 2012 @ 17:23:50
@sweetheart5545 Said

that's always a good thing to do,when you finish a book,I try to read as many books as I can.

Yes it really is when you read a lot, one can get mixed up. I found myself reading one again which I had already read; didn't realize until I was half through.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 28, 2012 @ 19:23:04
I don't write them down but I probably should. I always see books I like but forget them and then not actually get it. Using my Kindle makes it a bit easier as I can bookmark it or buy it and have it on my Kindle for later, but that can get expensive if you keep losing track.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#6New Post! Sep 28, 2012 @ 19:50:20
@sweetheart5545 Said

Do you set a goal as to how many books you want to read and write down the books that you want to be read?Or do you just take your time and read however many books you want to?

I had a list at one time.

Have you ever stated a book only to realize you have already read it?

, Florida
#7New Post! Sep 28, 2012 @ 19:53:13
@Erimitus Said

I had a list at one time.

Have you ever stated a book only to realize you have already read it?

yes I have
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Sep 28, 2012 @ 23:01:33
i try to read at least 18 books a year, that my goal for the year. this year, i am on my 20th book. every 2 months, i like to finish at least one or two paperbacks at that time. in apartment, i usually read janet evanovich's books especially " stephanie plum " series or other characters that she wrote. on the bus, i read james patterson, tom clancy, robret b. parker, john grisham, and clive cussler are my regular authors, i stay with. last year, i was recommended from my brother-in-law, a new author to me. michael connelly in his name, and main caharacter is " harry bosch ". i read two of " harry bosch " books already this past year. i kind of like him, he is police detective. i have admit read connelly's books are little slow for me, it is slower pace than most character i normally read, in general. i am starting to like harry. i find the best way of read him, try to picture the scenes like watching movie or tv police show, it really help during the boring parts of the book. how i pick my paperbooks to read, i don't read the same author at the same time, always read two different authors at one time. i find that refreshing to keep my interest. i usually have one or two shopping plastic bags full of paperbacks, that go goodwill to get my books for 70 cents each. when i finish a book, i just go to my bags and grab a new book. this how i set my goal every year.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#9New Post! Sep 28, 2012 @ 23:56:22
ffs I read this as "Do you set a goat."

I got excited.
Now disappointed.

I don't set goals on quantity of books that I read. I do have a list that I want to read though.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Sep 29, 2012 @ 00:32:09
@floydgirrl Said

ffs I read this as "Do you set a goat."

I got excited.
Now disappointed.

I don't set goals on quantity of books that I read. I do have a list that I want to read though.

So...do you set a goat?

I do. Each Thursday.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#11New Post! Sep 29, 2012 @ 00:46:47
@Eaglebauer Said

So...do you set a goat?

I do. Each Thursday.

No, but it's a dream of mine to oneday set one.
Moloch On September 17, 2013

#12New Post! Sep 01, 2013 @ 04:04:28
I'm a voracious reader whenever possible and have been known to read everything from the ingredient labels on food packages to books on quantum mechanics, et. al.

Fiction and/or anything with less than approximately three hundred pages tends to be considered 'light' reading.

I used to stick to a few favorite authors but over the years I have found that they cannot produce new works fast enough to keep me satiated so I tend to branch out and just grabs books at random.

I've also dabbled with writing my own things, though my wife is apparently the one with the flair for it. Perhaps there's something to needing an English or Literature degree to become a published author after all.
MJCF On June 30, 2015

Carmona, Philippines
#13New Post! Oct 15, 2013 @ 16:21:48
I don't set goal in reading books but I didn't stop reading until I finished one when if it is good...

I used to read inspiring or self improvement only...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs