Random

can't we learn?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
MartianLeader On February 20, 2015
PazuzuPossessed

Exorcist Drive,
#1New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 03:55:04
From example I mean. Someone can say don't do this or that. But do we learn NO! We just keep doing the thing. Even though its wrong. We go right back to it. So whats so hard about learning from example? I just don't understand what makes it so hard. If someone says don't do something, then don't.

Thank You.

View Image
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#2New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 03:56:07
People are dumb, not everyone pays attention and sometime the wrong thing to do is just what comes naturally.
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#3New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 04:00:43
Ok.I wont
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#4New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 04:04:26
Oh great, just let others decide for you, saves thinking, doesn't it?
Monkeys need to learn from their own experience, that's nature's way, and the mere fact that WE can speak changes little, in fact it confuses the issue!
Get used to it, it's our lot, like it or not.
Most don't even learn from their OWN mistakes, let alone others'!
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#5New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 04:17:21
@MartianLeader Said

From example I mean. Someone can say don't do this or that. But do we learn NO! We just keep doing the thing. Even though its wrong. We go right back to it. So whats so hard about learning from example? I just don't understand what makes it so hard. If someone says don't do something, then don't.

Thank You.

I'm with you, kid!

DickieBell On January 18, 2010

Deleted

14AYSTACK!, California
#6New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 04:35:59
I learned by doing. My dad's favorite thing to say when I hurt myself was "bet you won't do that again." And bad things, I learned not to do by getting beat after I did them
khelzy09 On March 15, 2010

, Singapore
#7New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 05:47:01
we don't learn from the mistake of others if we didn't do it ourselves..
even though they already said that we shouldn't do that and/or do this because of what they experience or the consequences of their action, we still do it because we also want to experience it and learn from it by our own..
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#8New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 05:49:22
@MartianLeader Said

Thank You.

Romans 7:11-25

11For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. 13Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do?this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God?through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

God bless you.
87moreno On February 08, 2010

Deleted

Conroe, Texas
#9New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 14:53:25
for certain things yea I totally agree. For instance if someone i knew was drunk driving and got a d.u.i, and they say "Elaine, don't drink and drive" Well no s*** of course I won't be that ignorant. I rather chill at home drinkin my beers than out on the road. But for some, I really believe people need to make mistakes on their own to learn from them. How else are you going to learn. If you just not do something because someone else says not to, what decisions DO you make on your own?!
MartianLeader On February 20, 2015
PazuzuPossessed

Exorcist Drive,
#10New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 19:44:57
I'm saying for this for a certain reason. Sorry mods don't get mad at me for this. But when ever a member is banned a thread of why was Joesmith44 banned? Joesmith44 is just a fake name. No real member is here. But time and time again mods say don't make threads about someone being banned. But no one listens. That was the point of this topic.

Ok Thank You.
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Nov 06, 2009 @ 19:56:53
@MartianLeader Said

I'm saying for this for a certain reason. Sorry mods don't get mad at me for this. But when ever a member is banned a thread of why was Joesmith44 banned? Joesmith44 is just a fake name. No real member is here. But time and time again mods say don't make threads about someone being banned. But no one listens. That was the point of this topic.

Ok Thank You.

Personally, when someone says to me 'just don't do it' my response is usually 'why not? ' ... what follows from there usually depends on the other persons ability to regulate my behaviour.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs