The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

cambridgeshire police blame crime levels on migrant workers.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
wildething On February 04, 2008

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 20, 2007 @ 17:50:55
if you have been watching the news recently you will have seen the developing story of cambridgeshire police blaming increased crime levels on migrant workers. however, another report comparing the statistics of crime committed by migrants in cambridgeshire to other areas in britain found the numbers to be well below average.
i find it strange that a police force should be allowed to make these kind of statements whilst surely knowing full well that right wing racists, namely the BNP, will now have a field day with this sort of sensationalist garbage.
i live in an area where there are many migrant workers but most of the crimes reported in the local newspapers are committed by native british people after spending a night binge drinking.
how do the rest of you feel about this one?
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#2New Post! Sep 20, 2007 @ 17:53:13
Im not saying there right or anything... but the police being the police would have evidence to back this up would they not??

The building manager of my building is a ex cop.. and he says the same about bristols crime rate.
marko On December 02, 2012

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 20, 2007 @ 18:41:58
If you are referring to the crime in and around Wisbech i thought this was due to Pikeys?

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 20, 2007 @ 19:29:10
you would assume that the police would need the right evidence to back this up, yes, but then they are not historically the brightest bulbs in the pack now are they?
i also assume that the migrants they are mainly referring to are the romany people from eastern europe, many of whom also live near us, for we are in essex, not far from cambridgeshire, and unfortunately the romany are also known stereotypically for having a blatant disregard for the law.
but as i said most crimes committed locally near us are not down to the romany. of course there will migrants who have a criminal nature, just as there are british people with the same criminal leaning, but i don't think that they should be singled out like this.

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 20, 2007 @ 19:57:32
According to the local news they said theres thought to be 100,000 migrants in east anglia..im not surprised the crime has increased and i cant see it getting better either. The police are looking for an extra ?2million to help tackle this.
Its no wonder why people are listening to the BNP they have had enough of what was once such a great country how many more immigrants can we keep letting in and funding?
minivinni93 On June 12, 2008

Gillingham, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Sep 20, 2007 @ 20:01:08
if theres more peoples theres obviously gonna be more crime. wat idiots

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 20, 2007 @ 20:08:40
@minivinni93 Said
if theres more peoples theres obviously gonna be more crime. wat idiots

Who do you think is paying the ?2million??..we feckin are!!
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#8New Post! Sep 20, 2007 @ 20:15:19
We have found that there has been an increase in road traffic offences like drinking and driving in our area. On one weekend exercise targeting drinking and driving almost 80% of those detected were of Eastern European origin. They still seem to have a cultural problem with not drinking and driving.

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Sep 20, 2007 @ 20:52:23
immigration is always the 'whipping boy'.
it is also a big vote winner for the government when they talk about clamping down on immigration.
yes immigrants commit crimes, surprise surprise, they are only human, though the BNP would dispute that one.
most immigrants however, are law abiding citizens who work hard for their living, usually doing the kind of low paid jobs that we brits won't countenance.
not long ago on this forum we were talking about binge drinkers breaking the law and young british yobs terrorising neighbourhoods. but of course we all prefer the lawbreaker to have a different coloured skin or accent , it makes us feel superior.
i wonder how our spanish and greek neighbours feel about the brits when we go over there on holiday and trash their laws in a drunken stupor.
yeah i know, at least we don't live there, and i'll bet they're bloody glad about that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs