Environment

balance

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
old55 On September 26, 2007

, Australia
#1New Post! Aug 27, 2007 @ 03:24:18
the earth exists through balance between 2 poles positive and negative these forces pushing against each other creates the energy that makes the world go round we have tipped the balance since the industrial age and consumerism took over
shifting weights- taking huge amounts of earth from one place and depositing elswhere (turning it into a city)
interfering with the polarity by erecting huge magnetic cities
extracting uranium from the ground and injecting back into it higly toxic waste
raising the oceans temperature by exploding bombs below the surface
destroying the ozone layer and melting the icecaps
within humanity there has never been a balance
people gorging themselves when others starve and have nothing
people holidaying and having fun when others are wartorn
some own 2-3 houses when others are homeless
those who love and those who hate
we must bring back a balance resist excessive consumption live with as little as possible not with more than u need
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#2New Post! Aug 27, 2007 @ 03:34:41
nah.

we're not that bad.....yet
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#3New Post! Aug 27, 2007 @ 05:20:47
becky_pepper On December 29, 2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 27, 2007 @ 08:42:27
@mark_is_god Said
nah.

we're not that bad.....yet

we are! All that has been said here has happened! I've heard that we are passed the point of no return for the ice caps in the polar regions...so withing a fair few years or so you can say goodbye to penguins and polar bears as their habitat will be destroyed!

In China alone a certain species of dolphin has already been made extinct due tofishermen!

There is no balance and people are just laxiday about it that when major catastrophes do start kicking people up the arse it'll be...oh who'd have thought it...maybe all this concumption isn't such a good thing after all!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#5New Post! Aug 27, 2007 @ 11:45:16
Let's try to be a little over dramatic.

, Australia
#6New Post! Aug 27, 2007 @ 12:00:24
i read today that david attenborough has a new docco he says its the final in the many doccos he made he started with "life on earth" celebrating its wonders of creation now he will talk on the dissappearance of "life on earth" how sad, the changing patterns of the birds is a sure sign of whats happening he also says overpopulation is a major factor in the disintergration of our planet in the 40 years he has been filming the earths population has doubled, scaaaree. u may be interested becky pepper i think its on tv on saturday nite in england
lookout 4 it
mark_is_god On June 26, 2015

antrim, Ireland
#7New Post! Aug 29, 2007 @ 00:10:45
@becky_pepper Said
we are! All that has been said here has happened! I've heard that we are passed the point of no return for the ice caps in the polar regions...so withing a fair few years or so you can say goodbye to penguins and polar bears as their habitat will be destroyed!

In China alone a certain species of dolphin has already been made extinct due tofishermen!

There is no balance and people are just laxiday about it that when major catastrophes do start kicking people up the arse it'll be...oh who'd have thought it...maybe all this concumption isn't such a good thing after all!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

yes some people have *claimed* that we are at the point of no return.
means little for now. until their is a scientific consensus on that, i not worry too much.

copied from wiki (no source, so feel free to question it)
"The Baiji population declined drastically in recent decades as China industrialized and made heavy use of the river for fishing, transportation, and hydroelectricity."

so its *possibly* extinct due to the reasons above.
a well, too bad. but it is worth the extinction of the dolphin. for these reasons.
ricecup On August 31, 2007

Toronto, Canada
#8New Post! Aug 31, 2007 @ 22:06:53
when we humans increased, the rest of the animal kingdom payed the pirce for it.
So this might be the balance thing. When you increase one thing, you usually take something else from the other side. we take a lot and I guess old55 is saying that the scales are tipped to our side and unless we replace what we've taken, it'll flip and the result won't be pretty.
Think one of those apocolyptic books.

, Australia
#9New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 13:13:20
things do look bad and the weather patterns are changing the icecaps are melting the earth is putrid with our waste and it needs to flush itself out through its rivers and coasts where the population is dense and needs culling i know that is harsh but true. power trippers have culled animals,indigenous peoples,minority groups for thousands of years,now its their turn
thefourfoldroot On March 02, 2008

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 13:22:32
The idea that the planet should naturally be in some kind of eternal balance is appealing for those who wish to worship the planet as if it were a God. The truth is the Earth is not eternal, it constantly alters, with organisms being 'created' and becoming extinct. It is only from the idealised human perspective (with our short life spans and romantic nature) that this world appears different to what it was. It is now and will always be in constant flux until it's destruction. And incidentally, humanity is part of nature, if we do destroy the world it will be as the world destroying itself.

OK, i just read over what i have written and the lack of 'i thinks' and 'i believes' make me sound preachy, sorry.

, Australia
#11New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 13:49:09
in my culture we do worship earth most indigenous cultures do and the changes of earth have been recorded in rock paintings and through storytelling it changes and shifts to bring itself back into balance with polarity as our bodies change through time so does she only she regenerates and we deteriate man will survive just not so many you dont sound preachy it is just your opinion

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 13:54:40
It's the whole regenerating into a perfect being that smacks of religious need to me. Yes the world (and that term is all but meaningless, many ecosystems make up the world and the world is part of the larger system of the universe) alters and adapts to change. Yes the polarity shifts periodically, this is true, but why worship.

Perhaps if you told us a little about the beliefs of your specific culture i could better understand your position.

, Australia
#13New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 14:41:22
im aboriginal from the Gumbayngirr nation (pronounced goombangear)
we worship earth because it has created us and sustains us she provides for us food water and oxygen our ancestral spirits inhabit the land as we return to dust they are our conscious awareness our dreamtime was when the physical and the non-physical were in union hence the stories of sorcery (not just in my culture but in all so called myths)and when man walked softly upon the earth. but a fracture occurred in time and the physical split from the non-physical and a disconnection of mans consciousness, control was lost. like all cycles earth has passed over her darkest hours and has begun to waken to take control of her dream she refuses to be destroyed or sacrificed and has begun her cycle of healing

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 14:53:24
Old55. I guess i'm never going to be able to accept that because i don't believe in the non-physical. You seem to believe that the world has some type of consciousness or soul, some personality and motivation beyond that which man projects onto her. Infact to call the Earth 'She' would seem to be evidence of this. I realise you would have been told these stories as fact from a young age, but some of us who were not immersed in your culture will find this hard to believe.

Do you believe that the Earth cares about her children? Will she not expect us to save ourselves by growing beyond and independant from her, as all children must, in preperation for her death?

, Australia
#15New Post! Sep 01, 2007 @ 15:17:33
i was actually brought up catholic and i know that is not the truth i didnt know the stories of the dreamtime i learnt them later in life most of us need a sense of understanding, i do (apart from the simplicity that we are just mulch needed to provide essential elements the earth requires)its what sits right with me as their are so many interpretations of creation and evolution i dont think it will be doomsday it will be bloomsday and for preparing for her death isnt that what they are doing in space i believe in the death of the world that man has created but not the end of earth or man. i refer to the earth as female as the female creates life its not a sexist thing.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs