Random

are you good at advice or not?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mazzyroxursox On November 24, 2008

Deleted

melbourne, Australia
#1New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 10:24:33
I am just asking, i am not needing any advice, but im just curious how good do you think you are at giving advice to someone else, average, bad, good, real good, expert? I mean, can you always relate to what people are saying or not? I am just curious, if you don't want to say i don't mind its just I am curious to see if anyone out there is a real good person with advice?
sweetcorruption On June 07, 2007

Vilseck, Germany
#2New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 10:26:13
99% of the time, im able to see both sides of just about anything. i'm fairly good at it, but somethings youre going to get a good dose of my opinion with it
Darkshine On May 05, 2010

Sydney, Australia
#3New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 10:26:47
I think I'm quite good. I've felt alot of pain and s*** and I know what alot of the
bad stuff in the world feels like. Not like some others though. But I also know
how to approach people, I know what to say and what NOT to say. I dunno?I
guess you should ask the people I've helped. let them tell you
societys_reject On March 31, 2008

melboune, Australia
#4New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 10:43:58
i think im alright seeing as i have been through a ton of s***, being an outspoken and opionated person i will usualy give u an earfull!

Vilseck, Germany
#5New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 10:52:19
i cant help but wonder what people are talking about when they say they have been thru a alot of stuff. espically when theyre so young,
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 10:56:23
@sweetcorruption Said
i cant help but wonder what people are talking about when they say they have been thru a alot of stuff. espically when theyre so young,

Well thinking back to your teens, think about how fast everything moves and how weird it is. One minute you are a happy child and mum and dad dont have many expectations of you and then the next minute they are constantly nagging you for having your own mind

As well as falling in love for the first time, breaking up for the first time building and breaking freindships!

During those years there is no real guidance for you, its all trial and error usually at your emotional cost too.

When you hit your 20's things calm down and you start to realise how to overcome certain things and your parents treat you differently again.

So in thier own lives, yes they have been through a lot. It may not seem like it and everyone puts it down to angst or emo these days but its pretty tough going. I wouldnt want to do it again, not for a million pounds

Vilseck, Germany
#7New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 10:59:20
maybe i was just an exception then. until i was 16 it was smooth sailing for me.

i know its all realitive, but even when i was young i brushed things off. like "damn, that sucked, oh well"
unoaman On June 10, 2007

, Missouri
#8New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 11:02:07
@mazzyroxursox Said
I am just asking, i am not needing any advice, but im just curious how good do you think you are at giving advice to someone else, average, bad, good, real good, expert? I mean, can you always relate to what people are saying or not? I am just curious, if you don't want to say i don't mind its just I am curious to see if anyone out there is a real good person with advice?

Are you absolutely sure you don't need any advice? If you do, I'm a real good person.....but lousy at giving advice!

emeraldeyes On February 26, 2008

Deleted

Mayville, Michigan
#9New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 11:23:35
I try to help if someone asks me for advice.
hope On March 17, 2015

haifa, Israel
#10New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 12:00:12
i wouldn't consider myself super advicer. but i think i'm able to advice people in case they ask for help .
i think the more you get through difficult circumastances the more you become aware person , who has the ability to solve ordials in logical , reasonable way. but ofcourse there is no shame if we ask people's advice but without getting in troubles. i mean we shouldn't let the advicer t walk over you i would say.
gasolinerainbow On December 27, 2013

sha lalalaa..., United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 12:18:13
hmm, i try to help out as much as i can.i think im pretty good at it usually, depending on what it is about of course
deadguy On December 08, 2009

Bucuresti, Romania
#12New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 12:26:26
i learned not to care anymore.People don't come to me for advice, because i made it quite obvious that i am not interested in their problems (i am talking about emotional and life problems). When it comes to technical stuff...it try to help out as much as i can, but if i see the person asking for advice doesn't show any interest or didn't check out other facts before asking for help....i don't bother.
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#13New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 12:29:49
I'd like to think I'm pretty good at giving advice , especially to the younger generation because of course I was young once. I always try to look at the situation from all angles and if I don't have any advice for them I'll usually say , Man I don't know what to tell ya but most of the time I'll come up with something that will help.
svierge On January 24, 2011

minneapolis, Minnesota
#14New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 12:55:07
I could give advice, but does anyone actually want to read it? They might see who wrote it and say, "ahh, that old fart, what does he know?" I think at times some of the kids on the forum really just want an outlet for their anguish and problems; they just want to vent. Which is good. Writing is a fabulous way to work things out.

Although I usually know exactly things are going to turn out when my own kids embark upon one of their "adventures" in life. Do they want my advice? Of course not! I've been through some serious s*** over the past few decades, all the twists and turns, stumbles and falls on the road of life. So I have a bit of a different vantage point on life than my children.

I can tell one of my kids ,"Son, there's something not NORMAL about this girl you're seeing. Or, I think that this girlfriend of yours isn't over her last boyfriend, just by the way she talks about him." Oh no, Dad, you're all wrong, you'll see." Then sonofagun, whatta you know? She's breaking up with my kid and he's heartbroken when she goes back to the old boyfriend. Or the kooky girlfriend is calling our house, shrieking nonstop at my son at 3 am. So I usually try to butt out of these things and let them discover things for themselves.
sal On November 29, 2007

Beirut, Lebanon
#15New Post! Jul 23, 2006 @ 13:05:50
well 99% of the time it works.. and yeah when somebody needs advice.. im almost able to give them advice all the time.. it depends on the situation and how to handle it.. but its all about how u see things and how u see it will work.. so yeah...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs