Politics

annother school shooting

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:04:11
apparantly another school shooting in america (pennsylvania). a number of people have been killed including the gunman early reports say.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:08:06
Its a shame, when they gonna ban the guns - opps sorry i forgot, guns don't kill people, people kill people ok well ban the people then

I do feel for the parents though, thankfully incidents like that are few and far between in this country. It does kinda put me off bringing my family across to the US

EDIT*** Just heard on the news that the youngest was only 6years old, it's so sad
drummerwannabe On June 17, 2019
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#3New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:09:49
this is getting out of control and I can't believe it keeps happening..
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#4New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:11:56
this is so horrible heres a link: news story
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:13:52
i have said it before and i will say it again....how many will it take?

#6New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:13:54
its just mad to let people have guns. in switzerland all guys who do national service are allowed to take their guns home with them and theres almost an epidemic of domestic violence shootings in the uk theres been a few kids killed over the last year with air rifles, now if any one can explain to me why anyone needs an air rifle when you live in a built up area and arnt target shooting
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:14:50
@elite_dragon Said
i have said it before and i will say it again....how many will it take?

How many what will it take to what?
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:17:43
@jonnythan Said
How many what will it take to what?

how many school shootings before the realisation that guns are not needed
drummerwannabe On June 17, 2019
Travel Junkie

In a drum.., Minnesota
#9New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:21:05
*about the school shooting in Wisconsin*

the kid got one gun from his parents gun collection and another gun in the parent's bedroom..

I mean when are we going to realize that we shouldn't have guns in our homes... when you look at it.. a lot of school shooters get their guns from home...
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#10New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:25:48
Banning firearms will not cause a decrease in homocides or violent crime deaths.

#11New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:29:56
bit more difficult to kill a large number of people with a knife than gun and a dam sight easier to over power.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:30:19
@jonnythan Said
Banning firearms will not cause a decrease in homocides or violent crime deaths.
do you reckon these killings would have happened anyway if the people responsible could not have got their hands so readily on firearms? would the damage be as severe?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:36:54
@cole Said
do you reckon these killings would have happened anyway if the people responsible could not have got their hands so readily on firearms? would the damage be as severe?

I don't know. Maybe. Maybe the shooter would have built bombs with diesel fuel and fertilizer and killed 30 people instead of 6 if he didn't have easy access to a gun. Maybe he would have used a pickaxe or scythe and killed just as many (apparently, he was Amish, so he would have had ready access to a number of very deadly farm tools).

In the end, it's irrelevant. Even if this particular school violence would have been prevented with gun control (a big, big if), that doesn't mean that gun control results in fewer homocides or fewer violent crimes. The statistics simply don't bear that out.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:41:43
@jonnythan Said
I don't know. Maybe. Maybe the shooter would have built bombs with diesel fuel and fertilizer and killed 30 people instead of 6 if he didn't have easy access to a gun. Maybe he would have used a pickaxe or scythe and killed just as many (apparently, he was Amish, so he would have had ready access to a number of very deadly farm tools).
And farm chemicals as well no doubt so the bomb theory could have easily been realised

Quote:
In the end, it's irrelevant. Even if this particular school violence would have been prevented with gun control (a big, big if), that doesn't mean that gun control results in fewer homocides or fewer violent crimes. The statistics simply don't bear that out.
you're usually good at finding statistics what if any is the difference between the violent gun crime in the USA and a compartive country with tighter gun laws? or say the UK and an equal sized country with lesser strict gun control laws?
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#15New Post! Oct 02, 2006 @ 17:44:06
i do not think that banning guns is going to do anything, i agree with jonnythan, almost anything can turn into a deadly weapon.

I think that we need to be safer and teach childern at a young age that guns are only for protection or maybe just store then in safe places.

There are some people out there who think that they need guns to feel safe, and others who only use them for hunting. We can not take the rights away from people doing anything wrong just because some people mess up.

If someone really wants to die, then they are going to find a way, or if they want to kill someone. I mean you can kill someone with a rock.

There should be some sort of solution to make it better but banning gun is not it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs