Your views on Celebrity Big Brother?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:19:44
Are they being racist in your view?

There has been over 20,000 complaints to Offcom so far, but the viewer ratings have increased over a million more up to last night.

If people are so offended by this, why are so many tuning in to watch it?

A lot of people are saying that Jade Goody has only started this because she is jealous of the indian actress, but why have the others joined in?

I don't even watch the programme but I don't think it is fair that they are allowed to make comments like that about anyone, regardless of their colour or ethnic background.

What are everyone else's opinions???
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#2New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:25:51
Jade Goody has a loud mouth
as isnt clever enough to keep it shut
so the media are soaking it up

on the other hand the indian actress needs to learn bollywood is naff all on this side of the tracks and really should'nt talk down to her
so its a it from both sides in my opinion
just the media as usual hoping to make money as is channel 4
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#3New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:30:25
I seriously think there is more to this than meets the eye.. shilpa admitedly hasnt done herself any favours... its not rasim but classism. but i feel that shilpa should listen to germain and shut up and dont raise to it.. but Germain has been very rasist too you know... useing words like "white trash" and saying "there from a blinded back ground"

Shipa did question last night is it because shes indian.. and Cleo said it has nothing to do with that..

So what is going on... well daneill and JO are the brains beheind Jades attacks.. Jade is there mouth becauuse we all know she can run it off at 100mph... Daneill opened her mouth too much saying things like "f*** off back to your country" under her breathe...

But the last big brother was losing veiwers.. and this year they have gain over a million veiwers because of it..

Like i said in the last thread.. Only reason its classed as rasism is because the asian comunity wants it to be..
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:30:25
yeah i know what you mean.

is it racial or just bullying? if it was a white woman would there be the same hype over it do you reckon?
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#5New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:30:59
nope
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#6New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:32:10
I suspect they are sometimes forgetting the cameras are there, then the media gets hold of it and it's a case of "shock, horror, some people in the real world actually say un-pc things from time to time". Even things which really shouldn't be used as a "speech weapon" such as telling someone not from this country to get out of this country - some things can be said in the heat of the moment.

The thing is, what we see is totally what the producers want us to see. Like a couple of seasons ago, former contestants said how the bad points of Nadia who went on to win it were edited out, to perhaps give that contestant a better image than would otherwise have been deserved.

For all we know, those comments could have been very two sided - but has been edited out. Always take what is seen on such as big brother with a shovel of salt, never mind a pinch
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:33:13
@markfox01 Said
I seriously think there is more to this than meets the eye.. shilpa admitedly hasnt done herself any favours... its not rasim but classism. but i feel that shilpa should listen to germain and shut up and dont raise to it.. but Germain has been very rasist too you know... useing words like "white trash" and saying "there from a blinded back ground"

Shipa did question last night is it because shes indian.. and Cleo said it has nothing to do with that..

So what is going on... well daneill and JO are the brains beheind Jades attacks.. Jade is there mouth becauuse we all know she can run it off at 100mph... Daneill opened her mouth too much saying things like "f*** off back to your country" under her breathe...

But the last big brother was losing veiwers.. and this year they have gain over a million veiwers because of it..

Like i said in the last thread.. Only reason its classed as rasism is because the asian comunity wants it to be..

you're right. jade is disgusting though... really crude and degrading to people...i wouldnt mind but she isnt exactly brilliant...and it was only because of big brother that we are graced with her presence anyway.....
lucifer On July 06, 2023

HELL!!, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:34:29
@emskie Said
yeah i know what you mean.

is it racial or just bullying? if it was a white woman would there be the same hype over it do you reckon?

It's just bullying, like i said in the last thread, Jodie Marsh had alot worse abuse last year and nothing was said.

Bullying always happens in big brother, it's why people watch it IMO
Only this time an Asian girl gets bullyied so it's raceism
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:37:08
yeah, i just dont get the burning of pictures of big brother on the streets in India, seems a little OTT to me
lloydchristmas On December 08, 2009

, Iran
#10New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:39:36
Its like an what ya'd see on an episode of south park,
anyway I can't wait to see Jades goodys fall from grace when she gets out, she'll have a breakdown.
Emskie On April 14, 2023

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:41:24
@lloydchristmas Said
Its like an what ya'd see on an episode of south park,
anyway I can't wait to see Jades goodys fall from grace when she gets out, she'll have a breakdown.

i agree! thing is though, whats she famous for? goin in BB as a bimbo n strippin off infront of the whole nation!
frozen On December 15, 2009

Manchester, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:45:06
Haven't watched it TBH, just read bits and pieces in the papers. Not really interester in what a load of so called 'celebs' are upto really
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#13New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:48:21
Race concern has got thepolice involved and they will be investigating... what makes my blood boil is that Mumbi in india are getting "hear say" about the situation and are rioting in the streets... over reaction or what....

rememeber Ann Robinson saying bad stuff about the welsh.. is that racist?? what we are seeing is more a opinion than black and white rasiism. Not once has someone actually said a racist comment other than Germain Jackson saying "white trash"... im sorry but i think its the asian community and the touchy feely people over reacting... Just now on Channel 5 Derrick from one of the old big brothers said its not racism, and coming from a black man that has had homophobic and rasist chants at him he should know!!
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#14New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:50:09
Exactly Emskie, her only claim to fame is because she was stuck in a locked house for some weeks, with the nation watching her pick her nose and be stupid enough to lose a game and end up naked on the couch.

Any idiot could have done that. She is not a celebrity.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:52:17
she did herself no favours when she said in my country people stand up when i walk into the room. i am treated like a princess. well, welcome to england love!!! i dont think anyone has been racist at all. she even said before she went in she will have to introduce herself, usually has an enterage. blah blah blah. i am in no way racist at all. i would hate to think i was. but she is so annoying. it is a cultural difference. jade was right to tell her to go look at the slums in her country. might do some of us good to look at our own. she is a snob and nothing more. who the f*** has ever heard of her? bollywood acress? more like a snob
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs