The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

You don't wanna hear it? Cover your ears!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#1New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 01:46:42
All this bull crap about how we can't reference christianity in schools and public is getting on my neves! We can't wear religious cloths, can't talk about it publicly, can't include it in artwork. What? Because it offends the athiests and everybody else?

Now we can't even say "Merry Christmas" anymore. You gotta say "Happy Holidays"

Ohhh shut up! This is a christian country, and I'm gonna say Merry Christmas! Like it or lump it!

It's freedom OF religion. Not Freedom FROM religion!
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#2New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 01:47:00
Cool! I got 9 points for that.
Wayne8559 On March 14, 2016
?ber Two Hat

Plymouth, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 01:54:10
I covered my ears! didn't stop me from reading it though!!!
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#4New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 01:56:04
I agree 110% with you.

Seperation of Church and State basically means the government cannot set a national religion.

YES. This means the annual White House Christmas tree is indeed legal and constitutional.

YES. This means you can have a religious symbol on public grounds. Go to Gettysburg. There are memorial crosses EVERYWHERE.

I'm glad I don't go to school in your area.. It's nothing like that in mine...
_Samantha_ On May 19, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 01:58:58
@grasshopper Said

All this bull crap about how we can't reference christianity in schools and public is getting on my neves! We can't wear religious cloths, can't talk about it publicly, can't include it in artwork. What? Because it offends the athiests and everybody else?

Ohhh shut up! This is a christian country, and I'm gonna say Merry Christmas! Like it or lump it!

Dont say Merry Christmas then. Say "Oi you tight git, did you get me a prezzy or wot?"
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#6New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 02:01:50
It's actually not a Christian country. The US was founded in large part as a result of a rebellion against religious oppression, people were told the religion they had to follow, and how to follow it. The idea of religious freedom is a core principle that America is founded on. The US does not have an official religion, and that is so that the population has the freedom to choose their own religion without government interference. This means that any government funded or run organization or department cannot support or deny any religion. Your school is a public school, it is funded by the US government, and as such must remain religion-neutral to be in compliance with the law.
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#7New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 02:03:21
@grasshopper Said

_Samantha_ On May 19, 2010

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 02:03:32
@Lili Said

It's actually not a Christian country. The US was founded in large part as a result of a rebellion against religious oppression, people were told the religion they had to follow, and how to follow it. The idea of religious freedom is a core principle that America is founded on. The US does not have an official religion, and that is so that the population has the freedom to choose their own religion without government interference. This means that any government funded or run organization or department cannot support or deny any religion. Your school is a public school, it is funded by the US government, and as such must remain religion-neutral to be in compliance with the law.

The US was founded by puritans right? Werent they the ones chucked out of here?
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#9New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 02:09:36
@grasshopper Said

Hahaha! For real! I'm agnostic, but others' religions don't bother me a bit. Only when they try to force it down my throat do I get annoyed.

I do believe if someone has a religion of some sort, they should be allowed to practice it whenever they want. Prayer is for everyone, but it doesn't mean everyone has to do it.

I totally don't understand why anyone would commercialize a religious holiday. If you don't believe in it, why the heck do you celebrate it!? Besides, isn't Christmas a day people should celebrate every day?
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#10New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 02:18:12
Let the holy war begin!!

HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#11New Post! May 13, 2010 @ 02:20:31
@TenaciousDave Said

Let the holy war begin!!

Wayne8559 On March 14, 2016
?ber Two Hat