The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Technology & Internet

You do not have to buy a computer monitor tv works just fine

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dwj On December 24, 2006

#1New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 00:55:18
A lot of people do what I did, go out, buy a computer and feel they must purchase a monitor. Or if they want to use their tv it will be to complicated to hook up.

I purchased a top of the line monitor from hp and the power supply went out on me in two years, can you believe it, a top of the line monitor that went out in two years.

Anyway, I discovered that you only need to go to a department store and purchase a simple s-video cable to use your tv as a monitor. If you run a business, I suppose a monitor would be necessary. But for home use you do not need to buy a monitor at the time you purchase a computer. This holds true for a key board as well. There are a lot of key boards better then the key boards issued with a lot of computers. Same for mouse!

TV does have draw backs like low resolution but the plus is the size of my screen (without the cost) 22 inches as opposed to a 15 inch monitor. I find the TV even better for watching movies.

You may have other draw backs for using the TV but for me the TV works just great and is expected to last a hell of lot longer than a monitor.

DWJ
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#2New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 01:01:29
@dwj Said

I purchased a top of the line monitor from hp and the power supply went out on me in two years, can you believe it, a top of the line monitor that went out in two years.

Just because somthing is top of the line, dont mean it will last any amout of time as the cheapest around. you buy any electrical good, it could break 5 mins after you buy the thing or 60 years

i knew this allready, and you would need to have a graphics card that has s video too, not all of them have it, i wouldnt want this tho, as a monitor would be better suited to the job.
steveuk On May 15, 2012

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 12:17:42
HP Monitors come with a 3 year warranty. You should have got it replaced.
brainfarmer On February 09, 2007

huddersfield, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 22, 2006 @ 12:28:45
i keep saying im going to get a lead to connect the pc to my 42 inch plasma tv as my eyes are getting a bit bad.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs