Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Dec 28, 2019 @ 13:45:29
First response I ever got here on TFS was something along the lines of

"The goal is to get people to quit being themselves."

In a thread titled 'Once a cheater, always a cheater?'

Relevant to myself (sans the cheating bit)
I've found that I can't quit being myself no matter what

I'm always going to raise stink in forums
I'm always going to spend hours browsing for cheap software
I'm always going to drink and smoke to much
and any time I make an effort to change myself
I wind up rebelling and doin' me ten times harder
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Dec 28, 2019 @ 16:49:02
Speaking of You ...

Have you seen "The Mandela Effect"?

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Dec 28, 2019 @ 16:55:47
@Electric_Banana Said

If there's something you want to change, and going cold-turkey / bull into the wall doesn't work.
Try minor, subtle changes that eventually become natural and a modified element of "you"

Rather than having a second cup of coffee in the afternoon, I now drink water.
I think it was a combination of wanting to cut down on coffee/caffeine/surgar, and increasing water intake (I used to drink almost no water at all)
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#4New Post! Dec 29, 2019 @ 16:54:58
@mrmhead Said

If there's something you want to change, and going cold-turkey / bull into the wall doesn't work.
Try minor, subtle changes that eventually become natural and a modified element of "you"

Rather than having a second cup of coffee in the afternoon, I now drink water.
I think it was a combination of wanting to cut down on coffee/caffeine/surgar, and increasing water intake (I used to drink almost no water at all)

I love coffee!! Black. Could drink maybe two pots a day.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#5New Post! Dec 29, 2019 @ 17:06:54
@Electric_Banana Said

where ever you go, there you are.

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 13:54:49
@mrmhead Said

Speaking of You ...

Have you seen "The Mandela Effect"?

I know the X-Files covered it - I didn't know there was a movie as well.

I'm the only person who has ever seen the episode of House were House trips a death sequence in a child's head causing him to hallucinate that he's died and woke up on an operating table surround by alien drones.

I'm the only person who has ever seen the episode of Martha Stewart where she prepares a rather ghastly lantern fish; hacking it vigorously while going on about 'crafty' people.

My suspicion is this:
So as Bardo is to randomly generate scenarios and environments with efforts to scare us into the waking (if we are about to die in our sleep) it would seem the waking world can also begin running certain programs for a subject who is becoming to clever for their cage.

Most won't know what synchronicity or idiosyncrasy is because most are most likely only surrogate placeholders, operating on basic instructions, until they need to be occupied. Occupied like blast gloves from the outside. While many other subjects won't have the ability to even understand this post I am writing; not because of physical limitation but simply as they've had it so easy/pretty throughout their lives they have never been challenged to ask big questions; questions they do not realize can even be asked.

, New Zealand
#7New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 14:05:22
@Erimitus Said

where ever you go, there you are.

Yeah...that phrase really urks me

I've often taken it as - the world is always tossing pies in my face because everywhere I go I piss it off. But I know this not to be true; other than aesthetic where-ever i go I always remain under the radar...speaking softly and watching for toes.

or

Supporting the notion that we are all the same spirit the comment is similar to "Judge not...."

or

I'm a dancing metal skeleton strung up in a wireframe and anywhere I go in this fake existence is my problem only because others are not being fed the same broadcasts. I am a world named 'Me.'

Your version tends to suggest that no matter how hard anyone would try to break us, either with wild horse or arcane machines, they will never succeed.

Bring us hell or high water we'll still b**** about it while drinking too much.

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 14:09:18
@Electric_Banana Said

Most won't know what synchronicity or idiosyncrasy is because most are most likely only surrogate placeholders, operating on basic instructions, until they need to be occupied. Occupied like blast gloves from the outside. While many other subjects won't have the ability to even understand this post I am writing; not because of physical limitation but simply as they've had it so easy/pretty throughout their lives they have never been challenged to ask big questions; questions they do not realize can even be asked.

A friend and I have fun pointing out synchronicity - It has to be 3, 2 is only coincidence.

References to the same subject from (at least) 3 unrelated sources in a relatively short period of time... to put it simply

One of the coolest ones, and I think I've mentioned it here on TFS was with the birds.

I chalk it up to artifacts of an imperfect chaos engine (more extreme than random) that ultimately drives the creation of "reality".

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 14:23:05
@mrmhead Said

A friend and I have fun pointing out synchronicity - It has to be 3, 2 is only coincidence.

References to the same subject from (at least) 3 unrelated sources in a relatively short period of time... to put it simply

One of the coolest ones, and I think I've mentioned it here on TFS was with the birds.

I chalk it up to artifacts of an imperfect chaos engine (more extreme than random) that ultimately drives the creation of "reality".

I find the most common one results from a number of people sharing a particular wavelength at a certain time

ie; It comes to mind that it's been a long time since I've heard anything from DIO still played on the radio
This is most likely because the local DJ is getting ready to play a DIO song
While at that time others in one forum bring up the song "Rainbow in the Dark" and then, five minutes later someone on a street corner mentions they can't get Rainbow in the Dark to stop playing in their head only for a car passing by them thirty seconds later to be half way through the song.

A telepathic domino affect.

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 14:45:40
@Electric_Banana Said

I find the most common one results from a number of people sharing a particular wavelength at a certain time

ie; It comes to mind that it's been a long time since I've heard anything from DIO still played on the radio
This is most likely because the local DJ is getting ready to play a DIO song
While at that time others in one forum bring up the song "Rainbow in the Dark" and then, five minutes later someone on a street corner mentions they can't get Rainbow in the Dark to stop playing in their head only for a car passing by them thirty seconds later to be half way through the song.

A telepathic domino affect.

Many of mine don't involve people, or just peripherally.

OK, my Bird story:
One fine spring day, I started off to work....
On the drive to work, I noticed a bird flying along side of my car for maybe 5 seconds. It doesn't sound long, but consider how birds fly at low altitude.
But no big deal, just odd.

On the way home from work, I notice a single bird in a field perched atop some tall weed-like thing. I don't usually observe the field, or look for things, but that day I did.

At home, after dinner, relaxing on the patio...
The neighbor starts his mower, scares a squirrel into our yard, which gets our dog all riled up barking and chasing the squirrel up a nearby tree which scares a young robin from it's nest, and it feebly flies to a fence under a tree where a blue jays are nesting and they immediately start to attack the young robin.
I grabbed a rake to chase the jays and kind of coax the robin away ...

We're the two earlier birds checking me out as a future savior? hehe ...

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Dec 30, 2019 @ 15:03:36
@mrmhead Said

Many of mine don't involve people, or just peripherally.

OK, my Bird story:
One fine spring day, I started off to work....
On the drive to work, I noticed a bird flying along side of my car for maybe 5 seconds. It doesn't sound long, but consider how birds fly at low altitude.
But no big deal, just odd.

On the way home from work, I notice a single bird in a field perched atop some tall weed-like thing. I don't usually observe the field, or look for things, but that day I did.

At home, after dinner, relaxing on the patio...
The neighbor starts his mower, scares a squirrel into our yard, which gets our dog all riled up barking and chasing the squirrel up a nearby tree which scares a young robin from it's nest, and it feebly flies to a fence under a tree where a blue jays are nesting and they immediately start to attack the young robin.
I grabbed a rake to chase the jays and kind of coax the robin away ...

We're the two earlier birds checking me out as a future savior? hehe ...

I think that's more the Number 23 effect. Any given item is reproduced in our environment millions of times but we don't take notice of it unless our focus is directed to a particular item.

Birds are in abundance

Same as if someone cursed me with the color red and I saw the color red eighty times on my drive back into town

If the first two birds you witnessed were blackbirds/crows...they do that; I think they take notice that you were spooked by them and so continue to screw with you for a few weeks for funnies.

Here's a screwed up one:

Early during my (re)introduction to exisential crisis I was lying awake in bed, next to my partner, going over metaphysical conjecture in my head. As I began to ask a question my sleeping partner's hand came to life, flipped on the tv next to her and switched two channels over to a tele-evangelist who was answering that question.

Another:

After forty-five minutes of looking for a clean and safe toilet in Bardo, the neighbor child woke me up knocking on our door. She came to visit briefly. After five minutes I excused myself to finally use the toilet and upon that she announced she had to get back home anyways.
Was the visit a last resort back up to keep me from pissing myself when the bad dreams failed?

, Florida
#12New Post! Dec 31, 2019 @ 02:56:34
I just can't stop loving you

Says the fat kid to chocolate cake.

, New Zealand
#13New Post! Dec 31, 2019 @ 16:14:14
@gakINGKONG Said

I just can't stop loving you

Says the fat kid to chocolate cake.

And to each of 'god's' seemingly hedonistic automatons a purpose behind their processes from the hard laboring proletariat to the town pedophile.

(note: I in no way took Jackson's bizarre accusations to mind when I made the above comment)

, Florida
#14New Post! Dec 31, 2019 @ 19:12:55
@Electric_Banana Said

And to each of 'god's' seemingly hedonistic automatons a purpose behind their processes from the hard laboring proletariat to the town pedophile.

(note: I in no way took Jackson's bizarre accusations to mind when I made the above comment)

Laboring proletariat roger that. All present and accounted for.

If the shoe fits (sequin glove) I say (not you obviously) wear it and may God have mercy on his soul world without end amen.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs