The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

You Gotta Love White Folks Like This guy!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#31New Post! Jan 01, 2013 @ 09:04:06
@someone_else_again Said

I don't. Care to enlighten me? How about black people and fried chicken because I don't get that one either.

Do you know how to use Google?

Chicago, Illinois
#32New Post! Jan 01, 2013 @ 09:10:20
@someone_else_again Said

I understand stereotypes just fine. I don't understand the origin of these two in particular.

Is that so? Are you a white person who hasn't had close personal relationships with black folks in America? Either way......it's hard to believe how you can say you "understand stereotypes just fine" yet claim "these two in particular" you don't!
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#33New Post! Jan 01, 2013 @ 09:43:46
@Spinkiegirl Said

Is that so? Are you a white person who hasn't had close personal relationships with black folks in America? Either way......it's hard to believe how you can say you "understand stereotypes just fine" yet claim "these two in particular" you don't!

She's saying she doesn't know the origin of them. How they got started.
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#34New Post! Jan 01, 2013 @ 10:39:43
@Spinkiegirl Said

Why in the f***.....do insist on repeating BULLs*** questions like that about ME? And how many dam times do I have to give you the answer? You have known me for some time now. So you must realize that my Mother was white......my ex-husband was white (German).....& there are just as many whites in my family as there are blacks! So believe what you want...but for goodness sake........go f*** yourself will ya!!!!

There wasn't a question in that post.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#35New Post! Jan 01, 2013 @ 16:37:12
@restoreone Said

Just to let you know they are also starting a First Nation section in the building too.

About time!

Chicago, Illinois
#36New Post! Jan 01, 2013 @ 22:29:23
@raditz Said

There wasn't a question in that post.

Or you're right.....
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#37New Post! Jan 02, 2013 @ 18:11:56
@Spinkiegirl Said

Do you know how to use Google?

I love how you take a genuine opportunity to educate a person and tell them to Google it. Maybe you should Google the origin of the word "nigger." Maybe then you'll find, and ignore, the article that I found about how it's actually a positive name that black people used to refer to themselves...

But I doubt it.

Chicago, Illinois
#38New Post! Jan 03, 2013 @ 04:00:51
@someone_else_again Said

I love how you take a genuine opportunity to educate a person and tell them to Google it. Maybe you should Google the origin of the word "nigger." Maybe then you'll find, and ignore, the article that I found about how it's actually a positive name that black people used to refer to themselves...

But I doubt it.

Hold on......I didn't "tell" you to "Google it"........I asked if you know how to use Google? I believe, asking & telling are two entirely DIFFERENT things.......so if you're gonna TRY & call me out on something I posted......next time I suggest you not make that mistake again! However, there is absolutely NO reason whatsoever, for me to "Google the origin" of that word........I know more about that word than I care to! But let me "educate" you on something you may or may not know about that word and it's many variations & meanings when it comes to the "black people" who choose to use it. In my interactions with black folks........those that use it, DO NOT generally use it to degrade, they don't use it because a black person calling another black person "NI&%ER" isn't being racist. I know & understand this i'm sure......much more than you do if you haven't been around blacks since birth! Most Blacks DO NOT often even say that word when referring to themselves or a good buddy, or even in RAP music......they spell it DIFFERENT! NIGGA! It's sort of their way of taking that vile word that was & still is in some cases, used by racist folks to degrade blacks! And sure, most of this info you can certainly find on the net everywhere. I guess that's why you felt the need to post some article about it..... But let me tell you something........I surly DO NOT need to go on the net to learn the origin or uses of that word! Been hearing it used by folks of different races for different reasons..........my entire adult life! Now consider yourself EDUCATED! And you're welcome..... Because what you "found" on the net.......CAN't begin to trump my first hand KNOWLEDGE of that word!
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#39New Post! Jan 03, 2013 @ 17:17:43
@Spinkiegirl Said

Hold on......I didn't "tell" you to "Google it"........I asked if you know how to use Google? I believe, asking & telling are two entirely DIFFERENT things.......so if you're gonna TRY & call me out on something I posted......next time I suggest you not make that mistake again! However, there is absolutely NO reason whatsoever, for me to "Google the origin" of that word........I know more about that word than I care to! But let me "educate" you on something you may or may not know about that word and it's many variations & meanings when it comes to the "black people" who choose to use it. In my interactions with black folks........those that use it, DO NOT generally use it to degrade, they don't use it because a black person calling another black person "NI&%ER" isn't being racist. I know & understand this i'm sure......much more than you do if you haven't been around blacks since birth! Most Blacks DO NOT often even say that word when referring to themselves or a good buddy, or even in RAP music......they spell it DIFFERENT! NIGGA! It's sort of their way of taking that vile word that was & still is in some cases, used by racist folks to degrade blacks! And sure, most of this info you can certainly find on the net everywhere. I guess that's why you felt the need to post some article about it..... But let me tell you something........I surly DO NOT need to go on the net to learn the origin or uses of that word! Been hearing it used by folks of different races for different reasons..........my entire adult life! Now consider yourself EDUCATED! And you're welcome..... Because what you "found" on the net.......CAN't begin to trump my first hand KNOWLEDGE of that word!

Except that you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. That's okay.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#40New Post! Jan 03, 2013 @ 17:32:26
@Spinkiegirl Said

Because what you "found" on the net.......CAN't begin to trump my first hand KNOWLEDGE of that word!

I don't think most of us are willing to pretend that asking her if she knew how to use Google in that context wasn't you telling her to Google it for herself.

And if that's the case, how is it fair then for you to tell her that your first hand knowledge trumps anything she finds on the net? She asked you about your firsthand knowledge, and your answer was to ask her if she knew how to find it on the net instead of sharing that knowledge with her.

Chicago, Illinois
#41New Post! Jan 03, 2013 @ 21:23:52
@someone_else_again Said

Except that you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. That's okay.

And it's "okay" you have no "idea what I'm talking about" either!

'

Chicago, Illinois
#42New Post! Jan 03, 2013 @ 21:29:35
@Eaglebauer Said

I don't think most of us are willing to pretend that asking her if she knew how to use Google in that context wasn't you telling her to Google it for herself.

And if that's the case, how is it fair then for you to tell her that your first hand knowledge trumps anything she finds on the net? She asked you about your firsthand knowledge, and your answer was to ask her if she knew how to find it on the net instead of sharing that knowledge with her.

It's "fair" because IMO.....she was rude to me.....mean & disrespectful! I don't like that....& I certainly felt NO obligation to "help" that poster learn or do anything after that. This whole thing is silly because someone chooses not to be honest when asked a DIRECT question. And that's it for me. I posted my article....I got some feedback.....I discussed somethings & now i'm done!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#43New Post! Jan 03, 2013 @ 21:34:54
now i'm hungry for chicken.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#44New Post! Jan 03, 2013 @ 21:37:18
@Spinkiegirl Said

It's "fair" because IMO.....she was rude to me.....mean & disrespectful! I don't like that....& I certainly felt NO obligation to "help" that poster learn or do anything after that. This whole thing is silly because someone chooses not to be honest when asked a DIRECT question. And that's it for me. I posted my article....I got some feedback.....I discussed somethings & now i'm done!

You asked:

Quote:
Maybe not.....but do know the history of stereotyping black folks & watermelon?

She replied:

Quote:
I don't. Care to enlighten me? How about black people and fried chicken because I don't get that one either.

Where is she being rude, mean, or disrespectful? What direct question is she refusing to answer? You asked if someone knew the origin of the stereotype, and she replied that she didn't know and asked you to enlighten her. And then admitted she didn't know the origin of another stereotype either.

All she did was ask you for information and admit that she didn't know where they came from, and you answered with "Do you know how to use Google?" (so actually you refused to answer a direct question).

What part of what she said was mean?
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#45New Post! Jan 03, 2013 @ 21:50:39
Feuerbach: you are what you Eat. And that goes double for being brought up for remembering where you were born.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs