The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
US Elections

Yet Another Obama Cover Up

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
Should anyone be held accountable for the company they keep?
Yes
No
Maybe
View Results
tinkastreasure On November 05, 2008

Deleted

Jacksonville,
#1New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 13:05:26
The Los Angeles Times (The Los Angeles Times endorsed Obama for president on October 19) is refusing to release a videotape that it says shows Barack Obama praising a Chicago professor (Rashid Khalid) who was an alleged mouthpiece for the Palestine Liberation Organization while it was designated a terrorist group in the 1970s and '80s.

The original story from the L.A. Times "Allies of Palestinians see a friend in Barack Obama" https://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-obamamideast10apr10,0,1780231,full.story states, "A special tribute came from Khalidi's friend and frequent dinner companion, the young state Sen. Barack Obama. Speaking to the crowd, Obama reminisced about meals prepared by Khalidi's wife, Mona, and conversations that had challenged his thinking."

The L.A. Times is purposely suppressing the tape of the event, which former Weather Underground terrorists Bill Ayers https://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2169 and Bernardine Dohrn https://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=2190 reportedly attended.

Obama sure has a tendency of "breaking bread" with Americas enemies.

Could it be just a "wrong place at the wrong time" sort of thing? Will we have to listen to his mother say, "Obama is a good boy, he would never do such a thing. It was his friends who drug him into this"? Or will America finally wake and see the type of person Obama affiliates with, the "I Hate America" types, is for a reason?

The left wing media will not tell us. That much we know.

Deleted

Jacksonville,
#2New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 13:11:57
I forgot to mention my source for this story is FOX News at: https://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/28/la-times-refuses-release-tape-obama-praising-controversial-activist/
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#3New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 13:13:41
Does Obama hang around anyone that even remotely like the U.S.?

Deleted

Jacksonville,
#4New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 13:21:04
@raditz8526 Said

Does Obama hang around anyone that even remotely like the U.S.?

I think that Biden does, but he is a "far left" type too.

Deleted

Jacksonville,
#5New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 13:22:18
Don't forget to take the poll at the top...
mzdaizy On February 07, 2013

Moose Country, Massachusetts
#6New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 13:34:29
For some, associations do not mean anything. Friends do not make the man, etc. However, Obama has too many "possible" terrorist or anti-American associations for my taste. Yes, when someone is in government, there are scandals that can link you to any number of these types. But for someone who has aspired sitting in the oval office for as long as Obama (oh yes he has, despite what he says) the list of questionable associations is frighteningly long.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 13:53:07
It's a mark of a wise person to have intelligent friends whose opinions vary on a given subject.

Obama has close friends who support Israel and friends who disagree with Israeli policy. Good for him, that's how it should be.

To pick out one friend, out of hundreds of people he knows personally, and say that he must share that person's views because they are not in the mainstream is lunacy.

McCain was friends with Jesse Helms. Does that make McCain a racist in favor of segregation?
bigbob On April 24, 2009

Bath, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 14:52:02
Guilt be association from Fox News, how unexpected.

Of course being alleged to have done something the best part of 40 years ago is more than enough reason to avoid someone isn't it. Completely ignore anything they've done since just keep hammering home the message.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#9New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 15:14:58
@tinkastreasure Said

I forgot to mention my source for this story is FOX News at: https://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/28/la-times-refuses-release-tape-obama-praising-controversial-activist/

Oh yes.....look at the source....FoxNews.....addmitted Obama non-supporters.....what, do you sit around and wait on news to come acroos the wire about Obama cause you got nothing better to do? I might add, if this is a cover-up...it's the news paper's cover-up...NOT Obama's!!!! I take it ALL your friends are Saints and you are held accountable for who they are!!!

Deleted

, Minnesota
#10New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 15:17:37
@Spinkiegirl Said

Oh yes.....look at the source....FoxNews.....addmitted Obama non-supporters.....what, do you sit around and wait on news to come acroos the wire about Obama cause you got nothing better to do? I might add, if this is a cover-up...it's the news paper's cover-up...NOT Obama's!!!! I take it ALL your friends are Saints and you are held accountable for who they are!!!

If I continued a relationship with someone that was known to be a loon, hold me accountable for it.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#11New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 15:21:50
@raditz8526 Said

If I continued a relationship with someone that was known to be a loon, hold me accountable for it.

I can't possibably hold you accountable for anything.....I have NO right to judge you!!
perfectlystrange On June 15, 2010

Strangeville,
#12New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 15:27:48
@raditz8526 Said

I would hold you accountable. Feel better?

Deleted

, Minnesota
#13New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 15:34:09
@perfectlystrange Said

I would hold you accountable. Feel better?

Even if I didn't, I think you would. lol

Deleted

Jacksonville,
#14New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 15:41:05
"It's a mark of a wise person to have intelligent friends whose opinions vary on a given subject." jonnythan

I agree, but you are implying that Obama's view differ. My argument is that Obama holds the same view as his "America hating" friends. This is based on his history, voting record, his church, and his friends.

"Obama has close friends who support Israel and friends who disagree with Israeli policy. Good for him, that's how it should be." jonnythan

To some extent I agree with you, it should be that way, but in Obamas case it appears that his friendship with Israel is more for political expediency.

"To pick out one friend, out of hundreds of people he knows personally, and say that he must share that person's views because they are not in the mainstream is lunacy." jonnythan

It is not just the one. Lest we forget Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn? As well as Rashid Khalidi, former PLO official. Lets not forget who suports Obama. The fact that receiving Hamas support does not appear to disturb Obama should worry us even more than the fact that terrorists see something in him that they really like.
Ya. Ya. he can not stop people from supporting him but isn't it odd to see who does?

"McCain was friends with Jesse Helms. Does that make McCain a racist in favor of segregation?" jonnythan

Good question. McCain did vote against the MLK holiday. Does this make him a racist? I do not be believe so. "In 1990, Arizonans were given an opportunity to vote to observe an MLK holiday. McCain successfully appealed to former President Ronald Reagan to support the holiday. In a letter to voters, Reagan wrote that he hoped Arizonans would "join me in supporting a holiday to commemorate these ideals to which Dr. King dedicated his life." Then, "in December 1999 McCain told NBC's Tim Russert, "on the Martin Luther King issue, we all learn, OK? We all learn. I will admit to learning, and I hope that the people that I represent appreciate that, too. I voted in 1983 against the recognition of Martin Luther King?.I regret that vote." source: https://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/04/the-complicated.html

As he should have. But, I see no long standing history of McCain's that would place him in the "racist" category.
perfectlystrange On June 15, 2010

Strangeville,
#15New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 15:43:47
@raditz8526 Said

Even if I didn't, I think you would. lol

Probably.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs