Baseball

Yankees Fashion

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 18:32:30
This could have gone in the baseball or the fashion forums I guess, but here goes.

Has anyone else noticed that you see the New York Yankees insignia all over the place, people have it on baseball bats, to pyjamas and apparently even underwear. It is worn by people completely disinterested in baseball, one of my mates who has Yankees embroided joggers didn't even know they were a baseball team.

Why is it the Yankees which everyone wears as a fashion statement but you never see people fashionably wearing other baseball teams Insignia?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#2New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 18:42:03
This is off topic, but I was on the Red Sox site and saw these.

They are described as 'Scottish' sunglasses. What the f*** makes them Scottish?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 18:48:41
@jmo Said
Why is it the Yankees which everyone wears as a fashion statement but you never see people fashionably wearing other baseball teams Insignia?

Because the Yankees are the most successful sports team in history.

At least in North America.
MartianLeader On February 20, 2015
PazuzuPossessed

Exorcist Drive,
#4New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 18:50:42
@jonnythan Said

I would normally say this

But this yeah I have to say

I got a NY Mets hat and a few shirts and a Mets bear.

Also a Dodger hat and bear too.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#5New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 18:51:25
@jonnythan Said

So people who have no interest in baseball, possibly have never even heard of the New York Yankees go round wearing their clothing?

Baseball fashion always reminds me of the Baseball furies from The Warriors.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 19:01:10
The Yankees are the greatest champions in the history of sport. They're also known for spending more money than any other team in sport.

The logo represents wealth, opulence, and excellence. It means "the best." It transcends baseball to a fair degree.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#7New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 19:02:07
Wow, never knew.

I'm thinking of getting a Red Sox cap. I'm liking the Boston teams at the moment.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#8New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 20:40:03
@jmo Said

Wow, never knew.

I'm thinking of getting a Red Sox cap. I'm liking the Boston teams at the moment.

Don't follow the masses and get Yankee's stuff just because everyone else has it. Some people just like the Yankees cuz they win more than other teams. Root for the underdog once and awhile.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#9New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 20:46:04
@floydgirrl Said

Don't follow the masses and get Yankee's stuff just because everyone else has it. Some people just like the Yankees cuz they win more than other teams. Root for the underdog once and awhile.

Red Sox ftw!

It's the same with every sport in every country, Thats why Manchester United have literally millions of fans, whilst Banchory St Ternan have an average attendance of 50.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#10New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 20:47:00
I've noticed, at least around here, it's the chavs who wear the Yankees stuff. And yes, most of them will have no idea it's a baseball team. Baseball just doesn't have many followers over here at all - and the nearest is a game called rounders - played by little girls at school.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#11New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 20:48:13
Baseball is my favourite of the popular American sports by far.

I'm suprised baseball isn't popular here. I'd watch it.
Stalkee

#12New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 20:49:43
@jmo Said

Red Sox ftw!

It's the same with every sport in every country, Thats why Manchester United have literally millions of fans, whilst Banchory St Ternan have an average attendance of 50.

and that's why I never wanted to cheer for Man United. I like to be a little different.
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#13New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 20:50:24
@jmo Said

Baseball is my favourite of the popular American sports by far.

I'm suprised baseball isn't popular here. I'd watch it.

Prob would myself too.
I'm told by a friend in America (An absolute nut for the Mariners - which must be a real underdog rooting thing as apparently they don't win much at all), that it's a slow sport to watch on say tv, but the action is going to see it live.
Suppose that must be a bit like golf, because I just can't imagine anyone getting enjoyment watching THAT on tv
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#14New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 20:52:06
@sheepy Said

Prob would myself too.
I'm told by a friend in America (An absolute nut for the Mariners - which must be a real underdog rooting thing as apparently they don't win much at all), that it's a slow sport to watch on say tv, but the action is going to see it live.
Suppose that must be a bit like golf, because I just can't imagine anyone getting enjoyment watching THAT on tv

I get that with Cricket, can only watch it for an hour or two on tv, but when I'm there I'm rivetted from start to finish...possibly due to the fact I'm drinking from the moment I get there.
Stalkee

#15New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 20:52:44
@sheepy Said

Prob would myself too.

It bores the pants off me. Though I do hope the Twins win and want them to win and root for them. I like to go to the games, but watching them on tv is dull, IMO.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs