Forums:
Relationships

Would this be breaking the "Girl Code"?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
JillyBangBang On April 15, 2012

#1New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 07:42:09
So, there's this guy named Craig that I met at this party.
I've been talking to him for a month, and I really, really like him. (We've just been flirting.)

The problem is that he has a girlfriend named Lauren, who coincidentally happens to be this girl that I used to go to school with from like the 5th grade until 12th grade. I mean, Lauren and I were never best friends, but we were cool and always got along all the time.

Craig says that he's going to break up with her..he just doesn't know how he's going to do it because she's claims to really love him, and he doesn't want to break her heart.

I just don't know what to do. She's nice. I feel like I'd be backstabbing her. But then..he's just one in a million. We click, and people say I light up when I talk about him. I get butterflies when I'm around him.

What should I do?
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#2New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 07:44:03
Unless he's single, leave it alone.
Electric_Banana On about 20 hours ago

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 07:46:22
Well, I was going to reply with the first thing that came to mind but that has been getting me in trouble a lot lately.

If Craig really doesn't care enough for the person that he's with to stay with her, then he should free her up for someone else whom would never want to lose her.

And geesh, all these girls fighting over guys threads - this concept is entirely alien to me seeing as I grew up in a state that was comprised of 75% men.
Mattjva On August 03, 2016

Corn & Soy beans land, Indiana
#4New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 07:49:36
remember the old saying ...

what someone does with someone else will do to you.

people can arguue it all they want but its true.

Im willing to bet he was the same way with her as he is to you and if he is truly going to break it off or not makes you wonder in the future when he sees someone else ohh like another you while your with him and he tells her the same thing that hes telling you about this other girl.

#5New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 07:50:02
@Electric_Banana Said

Well, I was going to reply with the first thing that came to mind but that has been getting me in trouble a lot lately.

If Craig really doesn't care enough for the person that he's with to stay with her, then he should free her up for someone else whom would never want to lose her.

And geesh, all these girls fighting over guys threads - this concept is entirely alien to me seeing as I grew up in a state that was comprised of 75% men.

I'm not really fighting over him.
But yeah, that is true.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. I really don't know what to do.
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#6New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 07:52:02
You knew he was with someone and you still went for him?

He is with someone and yet 'flirts' with you?

All new flirtations give butterflies and light us up...

Do what you think is right. On your head be it.

#7New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 07:53:15
@Mattjva Said

remember the old saying ...

what someone does with someone else will do to you.

people can arguue it all they want but its true.

Im willing to bet he was the same way with her as he is to you and if he is truly going to break it off or not makes you wonder in the future when he sees someone else ohh like another you while your with him and he tells her the same thing that hes telling you about this other girl.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
If he's talking to me and flirting with me and he's still with her...and then he tells me one thing about them not working out and him breaking up with her. I feel like the "other woman".

#8New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 07:57:03
@Sweet_Merry Said

You knew he was with someone and you still went for him?

He is with someone and yet 'flirts' with you?

All new flirtations give butterflies and light us up...

Do what you think is right. On your head be it.

I don't think it's right at all, but I just can't help but have feelings for him. And when I'm around him or talking to him...it's kind of hard to not flirt.

It's not like I'm saying "Yeah, I'm going to take her man. He's going to be mine".

It's just that when I'm with him I don't think about her at all because he's with me.
But then when I think about it...I just feel so guilty.
Electric_Banana On about 20 hours ago

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 08:00:55
@JillyBangBang Said

I don't think it's right at all, but I just can't help but have feelings for him. And when I'm around him or talking to him...it's kind of hard to not flirt.

It's not like I'm saying "Yeah, I'm going to take her man. He's going to be mine".

It's just that when I'm with him I don't think about her at all because he's with me.
But then when I think about it...I just feel so guilty.

If he's reciprocated and mentioned considering jumping ship, then he isn't doing his current sweety any favors by remaining with her because the whole time she's thinking that she's found endless love, he's singing to himself "And if you can't be with the one you desperately love, honey, fakingly settle for the one you're with."
Mattjva On August 03, 2016

Corn & Soy beans land, Indiana
#10New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 08:04:03
@JillyBangBang Said

That's exactly what I was thinking.
If he's talking to me and flirting with me and he's still with her...and then he tells me one thing about them not working out and him breaking up with her. I feel like the "other woman".

Look he might feel nice and give you all the glitz and glammer inside and his words might sparkle your ears, he might show his "softness" and "caring" but if you really think about why be the other girl. Your not going to change him. Im not saying hes a a** and things im just saying give yourself someone who doesnt have baggage of a recent ex and isnt going put you in drama, Which you know there will be.

Step up for you and make choices for you not cause he holds a hersey chocolate bar and it ravishes your sweet tooth.
One day. . . I will

#11New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 08:06:25
I'm not condemning. This could be the best thing EFAR.

The thing is... he will have to decide. It sounds like you and he had the talk and he is stalling?

#12New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 08:07:34
@Electric_Banana Said

If he's reciprocated and mentioned considering jumping ship, then he isn't doing his current sweety any favors by remaining with her because the whole time she's thinking that she's found endless love, he's singing to himself "And if you can't be with the one you desperately love, honey, fakingly settle for the one you're with."

That's true.
But then again, I kind of see why he hasn't done it yet.

#13New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 08:08:47
@Mattjva Said

Look he might feel nice and give you all the glitz and glammer inside and his words might sparkle your ears, he might show his "softness" and "caring" but if you really think about why be the other girl. Your not going to change him. Im not saying hes a a** and things im just saying give yourself someone who doesnt have baggage of a recent ex and isnt going put you in drama, Which you know there will be.

Step up for you and make choices for you not cause he holds a hersey chocolate bar and it ravishes your sweet tooth.

Yeah, that's true.
There will be a lot of drama that would come with him being with me.
Especially because some of her best friends are some of my best friends and good friends.
This is terrible.
One day. . . I will

#14New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 08:09:21
Why wouldn't you do it yet?

She's a safety net?
It's only been a month~ too soon?

#15New Post! Dec 18, 2010 @ 08:11:26
@Sweet_Merry Said

I'm not condemning. This could be the best thing EFAR.

The thing is... he will have to decide. It sounds like you and he had the talk and he is stalling?

Yes.
I mean, I understand why he is but..then again..idk.
She says that she's in love with him and he says he doesn't want to break her heart.
I mean it makes sense..I think, but I kind of feel like a fool.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs