The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Would a moral God step up to his responsibilities?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 18:17:15

God cannot do miracles. If he could, he would.

From God’s POV, all here must be perfect. He began in perfection and would not back slide to anything less. That’s scripture. It is to us to see things as he does.

From mankind’s POV, all here is not perfection. This contrary and wrong POV is promoted by religion and is generally accepted to some degree by most people. I tend to agree with God even as most do not.

From a moral stand point, most will agree, that if one sees a wrong that they can right; they will do the right thing and right the wrong. This is the right thing to do.

The fact that there are preventable human evil acts being perpetrated by mankind, supposedly created by God, and he does not act, means that a moral God does not exist.

A moral God takes responsibility and God is not stepping up. A moral God would. If he could that is. Just as all of us would. We are in his image and know that stepping up is a good idea.

Perhaps God is not the miracles working super God. You know the one. The one that man has created to hold all of his hopes and wishes, dreams and desires, loves, ---- and hates ---, and although never seen in any real way, --- believers will kill for Him. Insanity.

If God does exist, and is not moral, then what good is he to mankind or you?
Would you want life without morals?

No wonder then that Eve, the first to be as God/human, ----yes there is a difference, ---- had the wisdom to have adam/mankind, eat of it. What a wonderful myth.

Believers who follow a God without morals, Bible God, should question why they do.
God has a basis in reality but certainly not like the God without morals that has somehow been molded by what was initially, a rather beautiful ideas. The Bible.

To think and act God like, is to ----- do unto others.
If God creates man, then it should be for a best end. Not an evil end like hell. Fact is, many millions die daily of easily preventable cause. Allowed to by a miracle working God who just does not step up.

The fact that God, who by definition, would have the attribute of taking responsibility, as any good entity would, proves beyond any doubt that a moral miracle working God cannot exists.

And if there is a miracle working God, mankind should give him a thumbs down for his lack of morals.

Can a moral God exist?
Is it moral for God, who wants relevance to mankind, to not step up?
As a creator God does he have any responsibility to what he creates?

Regards
DL
GaryL On January 20, 2021

North Branch, Minnesota
#2New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 18:28:22
You put alot of thought into discussing a God you don't believe exists.

Bored?
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 18:33:48
Greatest I Am

Not to pick on you but it is a bit ironic that a lot of what you write looks like a communion with yourself where you are writing to yourself and one day you're going to go back through all of your threads and go

"......oh"

You're cool man, keep asking and you'll keep learning.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 19:32:42
@GreatestIam2 Said

From God’s POV, all here must be perfect. He began in perfection and would not back slide to anything less. That’s scripture. It is to us to see things as he does.

From mankind’s POV, all here is not perfection. This contrary and wrong POV is promoted by religion and is generally accepted to some degree by most people. I tend to agree with God even as most do not.

From a moral stand point, most will agree, that if one sees a wrong that they can right; they will do the right thing and right the wrong. This is the right thing to do.

The fact that there are preventable human evil acts being perpetrated by mankind, supposedly created by God, and he does not act, means that a moral God does not exist.

A moral God takes responsibility and God is not stepping up. A moral God would. If he could that is. Just as all of us would. We are in his image and know that stepping up is a good idea.

Perhaps God is not the miracles working super God. You know the one. The one that man has created to hold all of his hopes and wishes, dreams and desires, loves, ---- and hates ---, and although never seen in any real way, --- believers will kill for Him. Insanity.

If God does exist, and is not moral, then what good is he to mankind or you?
Would you want life without morals?

No wonder then that Eve, the first to be as God/human, ----yes there is a difference, ---- had the wisdom to have adam/mankind, eat of it. What a wonderful myth.

Believers who follow a God without morals, Bible God, should question why they do.
God has a basis in reality but certainly not like the God without morals that has somehow been molded by what was initially, a rather beautiful ideas. The Bible.

If God creates man, then it should be for a best end. Not an evil end like hell. Fact is, many millions die daily of easily preventable cause. Allowed to by a miracle working God who just does not step up.

The fact that God, who by definition, would have the attribute of taking responsibility, as any good entity would, proves beyond any doubt that a moral miracle working God cannot exists.

And if there is a miracle working God, mankind should give him a thumbs down for his lack of morals.

Can a moral God exist?

Regards
DL

God has stepped up to His responsibilities, just because He does things according to His timescale and not ours doesn't mean He isn't doing anything. In the Garden of Eden, when Satan stepped in and fooled Eve, God decreed the start of it all when He said s seed would come to oppose Satan. That seed was His own son, who has opposed Satan from the start, came to earth as a human to set the seal on his Father's arrangement, and we are near the time when that arrangement will be completed.

6,000 years or so may seem a long time to us, but compared to eternity it is as close to no time at all as you can get, and when God's arrangement is finally in place it will never go wrong again, because the issue has now been proved beyond any future argument by any other spirit creature.

The bible is basically the story of that arrangement and how it has been developed through eh millenia. Believe me, those who have suffered in this time period will not remember any of it by the time we have had a fair bit of life in the new one.

God can do, has done, and will again do miracles, the whole "Jesus thing" was a miracle in itself, but the bible documents many others. The preaching work He has organised, through His son, for this time period is another miracle in it's way, and the next will be Armageddon. However He does not do "miracles to order" as the Pharisees found out when they asked Jesus for a sign from God. Hi reply was somewhat less polite than "no way Josea" but basically meant the same.

The inhuman acts man carries out against other men are all part of Satan's attmepts, all too successful, to make people think God doesn't care, but they will be repaid in time. The fact that Satan has now been kicked out of heaven, after all those long millennia making a nuisance of himself there, has really given him one final chance to proceed the original issue he made, and also has made him very angry indeed as he now realises there is no chance of being proved right, and so he is taking it out on God's crsation for all he is worth. However he will not succeed, and in God's own time will be hauled away.

HArd as it may be for us, we just have to accept that God knows best, and that His time will be the right time, but getting to know the bible helps in that because you can learn how God thinks, and how much more wide ranging his thoughts are than ours.

Banned

#5New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 19:37:25
P S>

No from God's point of view everything down here is not perfect, especially since even most of those entrusted with His work have turned against Him and blame Him for so much.

It is because things down here aren't perfect that He has been unable to deal with us directly ever since the Garden, and everything He has done since has been done through His son.

However when His son has finally extended the kingdom rule over the earth again, and taken it back from Satan and his hordes at Armageddon he will work on returning this earth and we humans to perfection and at the end of his 1,000 year rule, will, as prophesied, hand the kingdom back to his Father so He can deal directly with us again, as He wants to.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#6New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 21:09:08
@GreatestIam2 Said

Can a moral God exist?
Regards
DL

I believe that morality is a human invention. Therefore, you cannot hold God responsible for our POV of that concept.

God has performed miracles. Take a look at everything around you.

God does not step in and save everyone who needs to be saved. I'm sure you have heard that "God helps those who help themselves." There is a lot of truth in that saying.

As far as responsibility goes, as adults we are all responsible for ourselves and our offspring. God does not step in everytime something goes wrong. We would never learn how to take care of ourselves.

Banned

#7New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 21:33:24
@futilevoice Said

I believe that morality is a human invention. Therefore, you cannot hold God responsible for our POV of that concept.

God does not step in and save everyone who needs to be saved. I'm sure you have heard that "God helps those who help themselves." There is a lot of truth in that saying.

As far as responsibility goes, as adults we are all responsible for ourselves and our offspring. God does not step in everytime something goes wrong. We would never learn how to take care of ourselves.

The only thing I would argue against in that post is that I believe God to be a highly moral being, and that morality was the sense in which we were created in His image. In a very real sense God's morality is what limits His actions in situations we find almost impossible to understand.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#8New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 22:40:54
@MadCornishBiker Said

The only thing I would argue against in that post is that I believe God to be a highly moral being, and that morality was the sense in which we were created in His image. In a very real sense God's morality is what limits His actions in situations we find almost impossible to understand.

The only issue I have with this is your definition and source of morality.

mo·ral·i·ty
? ?[conformity to the rules of right conduct; moral or virtuous conduct.
From whom and why did these rules arise? I feel they are for the most part man-made, and of course you believe they are directly from God.
I believe this because there are too many variables that are involved that skew the results. A great spans of time, human error or dysfunction, fraud, greed and people who want to retain or gain power over us.
If we could eliminate all these factors then maybe I could agree with you, but we can't.

Ottawa, Canada
#9New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 23:25:32
@MadCornishBiker Said

God has stepped up to His responsibilities,

Thanks for sharing your delusion preaching and not speaking to the issue.
I am getting used to your deflections.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#10New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 23:26:50
@GaryL Said

You put alot of thought into discussing a God you don't believe exists.

Bored?

No.
Determines to reduce the harm that Christians are doing.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#11New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 23:27:38
@Electric_Banana Said

Greatest I Am

Not to pick on you but it is a bit ironic that a lot of what you write looks like a communion with yourself where you are writing to yourself and one day you're going to go back through all of your threads and go

"......oh"

You're cool man, keep asking and you'll keep learning.

The best way to learn is to teach.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#12New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 23:32:11
@MadCornishBiker Said

P S>

No from God's point of view everything down here is not perfect, especially since even most of those entrusted with His work have turned against Him and blame Him for so much.

I cut your annoying preaching. Please take it elsewhere. God find a church.

I see that you think God's initially perfect universe and his stewardship has back slid.
That is your first honest statement so far.

Keep preaching and you will be ignored.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#13New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 23:34:55
@futilevoice Said

That is hardly what scriptures show him doing as he was murdering those at Sodom or in Noah's day.

If we are good enough to kill then we are good enough to cure.

Right?

Regards
DL
BellyLaugh On July 07, 2012

Waterloo, Canada
#14New Post! Sep 13, 2011 @ 00:17:53
@GreatestIam2 Said

-------------------
------------------------------------
Can a moral God exist?

DL

I like your question, I have outlined the 3 points that I was drawn to. I would like your response.

As a non-religious Christian that is not having been raised in the Church, I have questions just like you do?

Point 1 - Moral behaviour enforced does not educate, so I feel that is why God does not interfer. HE?SHE? does not want us to be infants spiritually. God is not going to save the sick, it is against nature law to do so. If some one prays for intercession that is different. Any you would have to research miracles, to get a better grip on this, I have never done that.

Point 2. I just love that observation, but it is faulty, why because it does not give mankind freewill to temptation, weakness, or any other cruelty, nor does it change the principle that God is a God of laws including the laws of nature. You may ask why does nature have to be so violent aka hurricanes - science would tell you it has to be because this cold front effects this heat belt, etc, etc. God has created a world of rules if you are to believe in God and some times the rules SUCK. It has to all be real. For instance, if you walk in front of a moving train and you get smashed to bits - law of nature, law of God, can't be fixed. I don't believe a miracle could save you, but then there is the supernatural. How is it envoked? For whom? and Why? I would not wait around for an Angel.

Point 3 God obeys nature's laws, he created Nature and let's it unfold, if mankind can find solutions in nature (medical cures) that is not a miracle but a nature solution.

To say God has does not play by the rules is false - he does and that is why we get so angry in not getting special treatment. So, is God useful or worthy of our worship, only you can decide, you can tell any extremist their blindness, but will you tell them the life after death is not spirit based and not without justice? How do you prove them to be wrong?
GaryL On January 20, 2021

North Branch, Minnesota
#15New Post! Sep 13, 2011 @ 00:41:16
@GreatestIam2 Said

Determines to reduce the harm that Christians are doing.

And what harm would that be?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs