Movies

Worst Best Movie since Crash?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#1New Post! Feb 25, 2019 @ 13:38:45
Green Book reminded me a bit of Driving Miss Daisy (type movie) but a tad more preachy. Still a fun film on the main. The critics are mad.

Let them be mad but please know: movies are supposed to be entertaining.

They all don't have to be Godzilla and Dracula, but best believe I'll choose those over a lecture film any day.
Darkman666 On about 5 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Feb 25, 2019 @ 14:47:04
@gakINGKONG Said

Green Book reminded me a bit of Driving Miss Daisy (type movie) but a tad more preachy. Still a fun film on the main. The critics are mad.

Let them be mad but please know: movies are supposed to be entertaining.

They all don't have to be Godzilla and Dracula, but best believe I'll choose those over a lecture film any day.

surprise, the last remake of Godzilla was pretty good with a good storyline. I haven't seen green book yet.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#3New Post! Feb 25, 2019 @ 16:17:53
Out of the 8 that were nominated, I have only seen BlacKkKlansman (which wasn’t as instigating as it sounds - it was actually a pretty good crime-detective story), Black Panther (zzzzz - not into superhero movies), and Roma (very well done and superbly acted, even if slow at times). The others haven’t been available for rent yet or just became available. I still plan on seeing them all and might come back here to give my final verdict on which one should have won afterwards, if I remember. So far, though, I’d give my vote to Roma.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Feb 25, 2019 @ 16:39:30
Worst Best?
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 25, 2019 @ 18:57:13
Glad for Livvy Coleman getting best actress. Long overdue in my opinion.

She has had two exceptional roles in recent years that have gone completely unnoticed.

"Tyrannosaur" was a movie about a timid, abused housewife who is held up only by her faith. When she becomes friendly with an alcoholic who has demons of his own to contend with her life changes dramatically.

"Suffragette".... well, the title says it all. The Women's Suffrage movement drew women in from all backgrounds. Livvy plays a working class wife who becomes involved in the WPSU movement and what she suffers for the cause.

She's a fine actress and I'm utterly chuffed for her.

Still a bit sorry for Glenn Close, though. I'm sure she'll get hers in the end and it will be all the sweeter for the wait.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Feb 25, 2019 @ 21:29:07
@Jennifer1984 Said

Glad for Livvy Coleman getting best actress. Long overdue in my opinion.

She has had two exceptional roles in recent years that have gone completely unnoticed.

"Tyrannosaur" was a movie about a timid, abused housewife who is held up only by her faith. When she becomes friendly with an alcoholic who has demons of his own to contend with her life changes dramatically.

"Suffragette".... well, the title says it all. The Women's Suffrage movement drew women in from all backgrounds. Livvy plays a working class wife who becomes involved in the WPSU movement and what she suffers for the cause.

She's a fine actress and I'm utterly chuffed for her.

Still a bit sorry for Glenn Close, though. I'm sure she'll get hers in the end and it will be all the sweeter for the wait.

oliva colman have seen in sufferagette, she really good with meryl streep. oliva in tv and movies for years. she did a very good job in broadchurch with david tenant. I really not surprise by the Oscar, she got. she has a lot of raw talent, she worth watching , if you get change to see her in anything.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Feb 25, 2019 @ 22:29:43
gravity - if you eliminated sanda bullock, put Hallie berry instead of sanda, the movie would be less annoying, It would have better, than the movie, i was watching it. I want killed sanda in the movie.

, Florida
#8New Post! Feb 26, 2019 @ 00:26:14
@Cpat92 Said

Worst Best?

That's what the critics are saying.

Of all the best movies, this one is the worst.

, Florida
#9New Post! Feb 26, 2019 @ 01:01:08
@darkman666 Said

gravity - if you eliminated sanda bullock, put Hallie berry instead of sanda, the movie would be less annoying, It would have better, than the movie, i was watching it. I want killed sanda in the movie.

Of course in a lucid moment, you will agree that Sandra Bullock is a pure joy and almost always delivers.

You are forgiven and thanks for not making that mistake again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Feb 26, 2019 @ 01:11:46
@gakINGKONG Said

Of course in a lucid moment, you will agree that Sandra Bullock is a pure joy and almost always delivers.

You are forgiven and thanks for not making that mistake again.

I thought George Clooney stole every scenes in the movie, like dennis hopper stole every scenes in speed. bullock is annoying, if you eliminate half of her movies, she is not actress. one of better roles was in crash.

, Florida
#11New Post! Feb 26, 2019 @ 02:22:29
@Leon Said

Out of the 8 that were nominated, I have only seen BlacKkKlansman (which wasn’t as instigating as it sounds - it was actually a pretty good crime-detective story), Black Panther (zzzzz - not into superhero movies), and Roma (very well done and superbly acted, even if slow at times). The others haven’t been available for rent yet or just became available. I still plan on seeing them all and might come back here to give my final verdict on which one should have won afterwards, if I remember. So far, though, I’d give my vote to Roma.

Spike Lee didn’t take the news very well.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#12New Post! Feb 26, 2019 @ 05:54:34
@gakINGKONG Said

Spike Lee didn’t take the news very well.

Apparently. Many others didn’t either. I’ll have to see it for myself and find out why the critics hate it.

To be honest, though, personally I’ve found that viewership ratings are more accurate than critical ratings in predicting whether or not I will like a movie. Maybe it’s just me though. But, strangely enough, I’ve found through the years that the Oscar Best Picture winner usually also favors what the viewers favor over what the critics favor if there is a difference between the two.

Rotten Tomatoes rates The Green Book 93% among viewers and 79% among critics.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#13New Post! Feb 26, 2019 @ 06:05:34
@gakINGKONG Said

That's what the critics are saying.

Of all the best movies, this one is the worst.

Ah.

, Florida
#14New Post! Feb 26, 2019 @ 12:29:41
@Leon Said

Apparently. Many others didn’t either. I’ll have to see it for myself and find out why the critics hate it.

To be honest, though, personally I’ve found that viewership ratings are more accurate than critical ratings in predicting whether or not I will like a movie. Maybe it’s just me though. But, strangely enough, I’ve found through the years that the Oscar Best Picture winner usually also favors what the viewers favor over what the critics favor if there is a difference between the two.

Rotten Tomatoes rates The Green Book 93% among viewers and 79% among critics.

My take is that the movie Green Book doesn't speak to the direction the cultural elite wants to take us. No need to drag all of that out since there's plenty out there talking about it.

I thought it was amazing just how much weight Viggo Mortensen put on.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Feb 26, 2019 @ 15:31:35
on internet yesterday, this Oscars telecast was one of the worst rating of all time. spike lee should no better that movie had very little change, because the subject matter. black panther would beat his movie for best picture. best picture usually goes to a feel good than another movie, in general. green book is a feel good movie.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs