Baseball

World series.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
paininmybrain On October 27, 2010

point pleasant,
#1New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 03:21:23
I think this may be the worst world series ive ever seen!

The Boston red socks are an inning and a half from sweeping the Coloado suckies!

I would have thought the Rockies would have shown more fight than this!
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 03:25:17
Watching it now.

Woohoo!

2 WS wins in 4 seasons!

The Rockies simply aren't a very good team. They're better than most, if not all, National League teams, but the NL is a significantly weaker league at the moment.

I think the Yankees, Angels, and Indians all could have easily beaten the Rockies this World Series.

point pleasant,
#3New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 03:33:11
@jonnythan Said
Watching it now.

Woohoo!

2 WS wins in 4 seasons!

The Rockies simply aren't a very good team. They're better than most, if not all, National League teams, but the NL is a significantly weaker league at the moment.

I think the Yankees, Angels, and Indians all could have easily beaten the Rockies this World Series.

Yes, it sure makes one wonder how they won the 21 out of 22 last games, before this...

I am not seeing that same spark...whatever roll they were on has ceased, maybe the layoff!

The way they are playing i think one could argue that they might lose to a good percentage of teams at this point!

but the fat lady yet to sing...
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 04:12:15
Boston Red Sox
2007 World Series Champions.

Woot!
kyahbean On August 28, 2016

Williamstown, Massachusetts
#5New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 04:29:00
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHAMPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

point pleasant,
#6New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 13:14:32
Well, if American football isnt for the Brits, looks like American baseball fairs even worse!

Does anyone know if their are any players from England on either American baseball or football?

I know that some U.S. football teams have incorporated some kickers in their rosters from europe as they are known for their kicking abilities.

Also are their any Americans that play pro ball over in Europe/U.K ???
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 13:21:04
@paininmybrain Said
Well, if American football isnt for the Brits, looks like American baseball fairs even worse!

Does anyone know if their are any players from England on either American baseball or football?

I know that some U.S. football teams have incorporated some kickers in their rosters from europe as they are known for their kicking abilities.

Also are their any Americans that play pro ball over in Europe/U.K ???

I don't think there are any British players in the MLB. The UK/England didn't even field a team in the World Baseball Classic.

Most foreign players in the MLB are coming from Latin American countries like Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Mexico,Cuba, etc, or east Asian countries like Japan.

There is one guy from Ireland and a couple from Australia, but that's about it for non-American and non-Asian players.

There are no American MLB players that play in Europe.

point pleasant,
#8New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 13:28:35
@jonnythan Said
I don't think there are any British players in the MLB. The UK/England didn't even field a team in the World Baseball Classic.

Most foreign players in the MLB are coming from Latin American countries like Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Mexico,Cuba, etc, or east Asian countries like Japan.

There is one guy from Ireland and a couple from Australia, but that's about it for non-American and non-Asian players.

There are no American MLB players that play in Europe.

yea, i think that the composition is about half the MLB is comprised of players of foriegn desent making it a true international sport!

I suppose everyone has their opinion on this...still normally one might think that there would be a token player or two on some teams from europe! dissapointing frankly!

Are you ready for Internationl League Baseball?
oh, sorry i meant MLB>
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 13:35:43
Baseball hardly seems popular in Europe.

You can't produce world-class players when the level of competition is very low. Baseball is *enormously* popular in Japan, Mexico, Cuba, Columbia, etc. The level of competition there is extremely high. These nations are able to field teams that can challenge and beat US teams in international baseball series like the World Baseball Classic. Therefore, they produce great players that make it big in the MLB.

If the level of baseball competition is so low in Europe, they won't be producing any players that MLB teams are interested in.

I have to say I'm not quite sure I understand your angle. I don't get why you are rolling your eyes after "International League Baseball."

point pleasant,
#10New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 13:52:53
@jonnythan Said
Baseball hardly seems popular in Europe.

You can't produce world-class players when the level of competition is very low. Baseball is *enormously* popular in Japan, Mexico, Cuba, Columbia, etc. The level of competition there is extremely high. These nations are able to field teams that can challenge and beat US teams in international baseball series like the World Baseball Classic. Therefore, they produce great players that make it big in the MLB.

If the level of baseball competition is so low in Europe, they won't be producing any players that MLB teams are interested in.

I have to say I'm not quite sure I understand your angle. I don't get why you are rolling your eyes after "International League Baseball."

i am a fan of yesteryear, the way baseball use to be! Now dont you be getting that you know what brush out to paint me a you know what!
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#11New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 15:14:53
Kyahbean & Jonnythan, any reason you support the Red Sox and not the Yankees - since you're from New York area Not having a go by the way, I'm genuinely interested. Perhaps it's like Man Utd over here - people actually in Manchester don't support them

No, baseball just isn't popular at all in Europe. There is the occasional youth club which decides to take it up for a while because they saw it being played on some American movie for example, but - well it just isn't big at all. A scattering of fans of baseball and NFL who follow it on Sky, and some NFL teams have been touring over here I understand.

Most junior (Under 11 years old) schools in the uk play a game called "rounders". It's sorta like baseball, but not really - if that makes sense
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#12New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 15:15:07
Slight point of interest, Yankees caps are a bit of a fashion accessory for "chavettes" in this part of the UK. Doubt many of them know it's anything to do with baseball, but those white and pink caps sure go well with their Kappa jackets trackie bottoms and ultra white trainers
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 15:18:23
Kyahbean is from Massachusetts, where being a Red Sox fan is a genetic thing Literally everyone in Massachusetts and Boston is a Red Sox fan, it seems.. even when the team is losing.

I never really cared much about baseball, but can't help but root for the Sox. They're just a fun team that exemplifies all the best about baseball. They're a tight-knit group of genuinely likable guys. They all have a team-first attitude. The manager is a real down to earth good guy. They always seem to have a lot of fun when they play. They play in an extremely old, very small ballpark, and the team and fans love it. Some teams, like the Yankees, will tear down their old ballparks to build new ones that fit more people and make the team more money... but not the Red Sox. I can't think of anything not to like about them.
ike_akorn On September 09, 2014

phoenix, Arizona
#14New Post! Oct 29, 2007 @ 23:27:47
@paininmybrain Said
I think this may be the worst world series ive ever seen!

The Boston red socks are an inning and a half from sweeping the Coloado suckies!

I would have thought the Rockies would have shown more fight than this!

Thank god for the rockies getting swept, they cant sweep the diamondbacks and get away with it..
xOxbrandyxOx On January 25, 2014

Deltona, Florida
#15New Post! Oct 30, 2007 @ 03:26:27
@jonnythan Said
Kyahbean is from Massachusetts, where being a Red Sox fan is a genetic thing Literally everyone in Massachusetts and Boston is a Red Sox fan, it seems.. even when the team is losing.

I never really cared much about baseball, but can't help but root for the Sox. They're just a fun team that exemplifies all the best about baseball. They're a tight-knit group of genuinely likable guys. They all have a team-first attitude. The manager is a real down to earth good guy. They always seem to have a lot of fun when they play. They play in an extremely old, very small ballpark, and the team and fans love it. Some teams, like the Yankees, will tear down their old ballparks to build new ones that fit more people and make the team more money... but not the Red Sox. I can't think of anything not to like about them.

wow i havnt been here in a while. but anyways...
i love the Red Sox. I don't really know what it is about them. But it's just, my team. No matter how much they CAN suck. Theyre still amazing. They have some of the MOST loyal fans around. I mean we root for them no matter what. We always got our teams back. I fight for them constantly.

How come though, EVERYTIME Red Sox are talked about people automatically bring up the Yankees. It kind of aggrevates me.

But yea, i actually got into a very serious, and heated discussion about the Red Sox fans VS. Yankee fans last night. Back in 2004 a Yankees fan KILLED a Red Sox fan on a highway in NY. But anyways, i had more to say but i forgot. If i remember ill come back.

`07 WORLD SERiES CHAMPiONS!!!

-Bunnie
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs