Health & Fitness

Women who have had babies

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:25:45
If you know, how similar was your labour to that of your mother/aunts/grandmother/sisters etc?
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:35:51
Its difficult because in the old days people never discussed childbirth.

Mum said her first was awful, but i think all women feel that because no matter how prepared you think you are, you arent.

I dont think any of my deliveries were anything remotely like my mothers. Hers were text book deliveries.

My first was presenting with her arm above her head and my second shot out so fast we had to catch him with a net.
x_Ella_x On October 29, 2014

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:39:11
Child birth
flange666 On May 02, 2012

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:41:33
Not similar at all to any of my family.

13 hour labour with son and C section after having problems with my daughter.
Say whaaa

#5New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:41:44
@treebee Said

Its difficult because in the old days people never discussed childbirth.

Mum said her first was awful, but i think all women feel that because no matter how prepared you think you are, you arent.

I dont think any of my deliveries were anything remotely like my mothers. Hers were text book deliveries.

My first was presenting with her arm above her head and my second shot out so fast we had to catch him with a net.

Nice!

I'm wondering because I've been talking to my Mum about it (and my Nan who is pretty damn liberal ) and everyone right back to my Nan has had a section because they don't dilate. I'm just trying to get my head round things.

I don't think I'd have thought anything of it, if they'd all had sections for different things but because it's all been for exactly the same reason, i'm getting a bit suspicious.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:49:30
remember things have changed though, women used to be advised to get in bed and stay there, now they are advised to bounce up and down on a ball.

Difficult births are usually because of bad positioning.

In the days where women scrubbed floors on thier hands and knees it actually made the baby get into a good position.

If a pregnant woman has to rest or is on bed rest it is likely the baby will get into a bad position.

If the cervix doesnt dilate on its own they can give you drugs to help speed it up, but nothing (and i mean nothing) works as well as squatting on a ball or bean bag through the contractions. The pressure of the baby pushes the cervix open much much quicker. Its a little intense but i feel better.
Say whaaa

#7New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:53:57
@treebee Said

remember things have changed though, women used to be advised to get in bed and stay there, now they are advised to bounce up and down on a ball.

Difficult births are usually because of bad positioning.

In the days where women scrubbed floors on thier hands and knees it actually made the baby get into a good position.

If a pregnant woman has to rest or is on bed rest it is likely the baby will get into a bad position.

If the cervix doesnt dilate on its own they can give you drugs to help speed it up, but nothing (and i mean nothing) works as well as squatting on a ball or bean bag through the contractions. The pressure of the baby pushes the cervix open much much quicker. Its a little intense but i feel better.

Yeah the thing I think is my mum was induced and quite literally couldn't physically have given birth to me anyway as I was far too big, but my Nan was back in the 1950's when she gave birth, and I don't know what it was like back then.

I've got no one on my Dad's side of the family to ask really as my Nan died when I was little (I know my Dad was very premature 7 weeks early) but nothing about the birth, and the only other female biological relative on my Dad's side had a hysterectomy when she was 23 before any babies happened.
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 10:59:07
you have to take into account that this is Gregs son too, so most likely to be quite a big boy, you might just have to resign yourself to a c-section.
trillian On May 06, 2010

derbyshire, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 11:27:03
nothing like them at all. although we all seem to have had difficult labours first time round but for very different reasons
Say whaaa

#10New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 11:29:28
@treebee Said

you have to take into account that this is Gregs son too, so most likely to be quite a big boy, you might just have to resign yourself to a c-section.

This is true, Courtney's always been massive for her age as is Greg and none of Greg's family is short (all the blokes are above 6'2'' and getting taller with each generation!)
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#11New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 11:50:53
@angelcake Said

If you know, how similar was your labour to that of your mother/aunts/grandmother/sisters etc?

I heard that you're more likely to have labor like your aunts then your mother or sisters.
x_Laura_x On March 13, 2023

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 16:11:45
@angelcake Said

everyone right back to my Nan has had a section

Ya same, tis weird how it seems to run in the family
dumdedum On July 07, 2009

-, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Apr 24, 2009 @ 16:15:44
The thought of giving birth - although I kind of would want to over having a C section terrified me.

I have all that to look forward too..
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#14New Post! Apr 25, 2009 @ 10:20:05
My mum had pre eclampsia, my sis had it to and I developed eclampsia and was in and out of hospital most weeks by the time I was 7 months.

I was induced in the end and it's possibly the reason I decided to never have any more children again.

I delevered Kat's in a squatting position as I just couldn't lay how they wanted me, personally I find laying down to give birth a very un-natural position, goes against gravity and you've more chance of tearing.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs