The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Breaking Up

Women/Teens Broad Casting their Realtionship Fallouts..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#16New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 17:06:35
I didn't read the entire OP; but...you say "you've learned from your experiences; and that also, you yourself have went down the same road in the past."

As seemingly stupid as these girls may be, they too are learning.

We all need an outlet when we are hurting; and for some, that might be the only way, literally...but at least they are getting it out of their systems..I feel.

And for the record; although we learn, and hopefully do get wiser as time goes on. We are ALL stupid when it comes to matters of the heart...
If you are able to think and act completely with your head, then I doubt your heart is in it in the first place. (and I mean 'you' as a figure of speech; not you personally).
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Dec 07, 2011 @ 17:39:35
Facebook and Twitter and modern day platforms.

People write things on there without really thinking very much about it.

In the old days if something happened or someone said something to you or your boyfriend split up with you generally you would have to wait until you saw your friends or until you could phone them to discuss it all. By which time you would have had time to rationalise a lot of things in your head and filter out the unimportant information.

Now we have a medium to write whatever the f*** we like as we think about it.

So really whatever is posted on sites like this, facebook, t***ter etc. should always be taken with a pinch of salt.
DivineBeautii On August 26, 2012

, New York
#18New Post! Dec 08, 2011 @ 14:29:31
@Jennifer1984 Said

I think a lot of what you say is true, although I have to say that you come across to me as quite angry and that could lead you open to assumptions from some posters.

We, as women, are often our own worst enemy, but it's not our fault. Yes, we ARE emotional. Yes, we DO vent our frustrations. And, yes, sometimes we do fall for the same old lines of chat over and over.

But would we really want to change that aspect of ourselves..? Do we want to stop being "women" because of how we are treated by men..? I don't think so. Rather, what we need to change is how we respond to those occasions when we are treated badly.

A broken relationship, or staying in one that is abusive or unfaithful is an emotional strain that I think a lot of men find difficult to understand. Some men are able to comprehend the complexity of female emotional states, but for most, they are so deeply ingrained in the masculine macho attitude of not letting their own feelings show that the mere thought of a woman opening her heart makes her seem, in his eyes, weak and feeble.

When such a man perceives a woman to be weak, she is contemptible in his eyes. He'll use her for sex or anything else he wants, but he won't respect her and he won't be faithful or honest to her.

The women who vent on Twitter and Facebook are often only doing so because they feel there is nowhere else for them to get things off their chest. If they don't have a close friend or sister or mum who can be their "confidante" they may turn to the supposed, but false, anonymity of social networking sites. I don't think these women are being pathetic, they are making a cry for help. They have a need to communicate what they are going through and as an act of desperation they do something that is inappropriate but to them, doesn't seem that way.

So, what should she do..? Should she hide her feelings..? Bury them deep down inside and not release anything..? I don't think so. Why should she be repressed just because he is incapable of understanding her?

Of course, we would all love to have somebody to turn to, to make the tea, lend a listening ear and give out hugs and tissues. If all the women in the world had that option, Facebook and Twitter traffic would probably decline alarmingly and throw advertisers into a state of mortal panic.

But many women DON'T have that option and this is when they have to be strong. Easier said than done, I know, but I think we need to get that message out.

Women are NOT weak and feeble. We will express our feelings and men have two choices: Accept it, learn to live with it and start to show some sensitivity to their partner, or they should seriously start to reconsider their place in this relationship.

I think it goes without saying that any woman in a physically or mentally abusive relationship should seek professional help. Possibly even take police and / or legal action. There is plenty of support and advice out there, and plenty of women's groups who will help them. Women: You are not alone.

But the message has to be spread. Those of us who are fortunate enough to be in strong, loving relationships, or have good people in our lives with whom we can share our feelings, might like to take the time to make ourselves available to other women whom we might be able to help.

Solidarity, sisters..!! (cliche spoken tongue in cheek, but that's what it amounts to)

To any woman out there who reads this and is going through difficult times, please don't despair. You don't have to put up with being abused or denigrated for your feelings. Please don't think you have to pour your heart out into the world wide web. All that does is demean you further.

If you have somebody in your life who you trust and feel safe with, talk to them. If you don't, then seek help from professional groups. They're there for YOU.

Best wishes and good luck, women. Stay strong.

I understandstand that and I said I been there before so Im speaking from experience VENTING IS HEALTHY but its how you vent is the problem... And venting your relationship on face book and twitter and having the world know if you boyfriend issues isn't the smartest or healthiest thing. Thats why they have therapist and counselors... or a friend you can call or if posting facebook has a new way of making any one post private or for certian ppl you trust can see..

Posting constantly everyother day your breakups and make ups is only causing the public option on your life that they have no clue or idea of details about.. Its natural ppl may look at you like either a fool, judge you or pity you. Some understand and some don't. It draws negative energy eniemes or envious ppl see your lows and the happy about it... You need to surround your self with positivity look at positive sides to every situation..

Also ppl blaming men I feel like we can not blame a man. If he wronged you yeah hes the blame for hurting your feeling ect. but if you continue to allow a man to hurt you day in and day out your being taken as a fool thats on you. Its easier said then done, true. But its POSSIBLE and with strength positive energy and will power you can get out of a unhealthy relationship. For domestic violence cases their are so many sources of help you just have to want it...

You can't help someone who doesn't help themselves..

, New York
#19New Post! Dec 08, 2011 @ 14:36:10
@treebee Said

Facebook and Twitter and modern day platforms.

People write things on there without really thinking very much about it.

In the old days if something happened or someone said something to you or your boyfriend split up with you generally you would have to wait until you saw your friends or until you could phone them to discuss it all. By which time you would have had time to rationalise a lot of things in your head and filter out the unimportant information.

Now we have a medium to write whatever the f*** we like as we think about it.

So really whatever is posted on sites like this, facebook, t***ter etc. should always be taken with a pinch of salt.

Like i said I wasn't taking shots at anyone. My goal was to open ppls mind.. I know I'm a woman how hard it is to have no one to speak to and venting is needed. I use to vent my self on facebook.. I speak from experience.. But I've learn the consquences of it and thought to share it.
This only bring ppltoleave comments to knock you down judge you and misunderstand the senitivity to your situation that they don't understand.. Therefore if your venting your business don't be mad when when the neighborhood and friends are talking about your business and running thier mouth because you put it out for the world to see it..

, New York
#21New Post! Dec 08, 2011 @ 14:47:01
@chisa96 Said

Hmm. So is the op more annoyed about the women who fall out and get back together with guys that walk all over them, or with that they post about it too much?

???

Im not at all annoyed with women who are going thru fall outs we all went thru them. I understand it.. And yeah its wrong forr some men to walk all over them because plain and simple its wrong. Especially if shes a good woman and really doesnt deserve that treatment.ot the wrong.

Sorry if you got the wrong implication maybe I word it wrong.. I have to re read it but Im pretty sure I stated this wasn't to take shots at women...

I just thought to share that constantly posting your personal business especially if its so often that your posting on a daily will backfire on you... Ppl who don't understand will judge and ppl like who do understand try to help you get better resources depending on the issue at hand.. if its minor share it with a friend if you donn't have any friends a councelor or therapist.. thats all

, New York
#22New Post! Dec 08, 2011 @ 14:57:39
@sTreetAngeL Said

I didn't read the entire OP; but...you say "you've learned from your experiences; and that also, you yourself have went down the same road in the past."

As seemingly stupid as these girls may be, they too are learning.

We all need an outlet when we are hurting; and for some, that might be the only way, literally...but at least they are getting it out of their systems..I feel.

And for the record; although we learn, and hopefully do get wiser as time goes on. We are ALL stupid when it comes to matters of the heart...
If you are able to think and act completely with your head, then I doubt your heart is in it in the first place. (and I mean 'you' as a figure of speech; not you personally).

No no I don't think anyone is stupid, just saying to be stronger.. I been there and done that. Anyone who calls someone stupid for being vulnerable to love is a hypocrite or heartless.. Just simply saying the if you going to vent online about consisant relationship issues fine to each its own but there consquences.

Ppl are going to judge and say ignorant things because they don't understand so you would have to prepare yourself for the feed back and ppl whispering about your issues to each other...

I use to vent my personal relationship issues and learned how it backfired. I vent here and there but not my relationship problems. Actually I planned on venting on a my journal now.

, New York
#23New Post! Dec 08, 2011 @ 15:03:25
@Jesswaa Said

Usually.. from my fb friends, it's easier just to block them and their posts then give two seconds to think about it!
I block the immediately if they have cries over stuff that a) the guy/girl wouldn't want them ranting about b) something I don't really want to know about and c) something that they'll regret posting if the wrong person reads it...

I don't think it is about being treated right, it's about knowing what your willing to 'settle' for etc.. If you settle for a jackass.. Prepare to be treating that way

Exactly it the wrong person read the post they'll regret posting it in the first place..
Ifs not so much the ranting its just like ok I get it but then ask your self why are you with him? Because you make your self believe something deep down under you know isn't true

, New York
#25New Post! Dec 08, 2011 @ 15:10:29
"In reality ppl don't need to know your suffering it just attracts Negative energy and shows how pathetic weak & stupid at least thats how others look at it ... Because one minute you post your so in love your perfect the next day you post how he cheated AGAIN then the next you're happily in love like nothing had ever happen...."

For anyone who assumed I felt women are pathetic and or weak that isn't the case i stated a** above thats what ppl would assume...

Just simply suggesting some things [really personal things] shouldn't be shared online thier are big consquences to posting these your business online
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#26New Post! Dec 09, 2011 @ 18:50:04
I get fed up of those posts on FB at times. Im sure it is jus people wanting attention and wanting people to feel sorry for them. They know that they are stupid for staying with someone who treats them like crap, but they want there friends to say "Oh but your such a great peron" and blaha blah blah, when in reality we should post "You know he/she is cheating on you, your a mug". Unless it is a close friend I wont say anything, even then I will watch my mouth because normally if someone is cheating it is obvious to everyone else but not them, because they are too loved up, they see only the good but subconciously ignore the bad.

Also on the cheating bit. I am speaking from experience here, I have gotten with girls before because I enjoy the company. However if that spark is missing I will play away from home. But I wont ditch the girl because she gives me the bit of the relationship the other girls won, the comforet, etc.

Im not saying this is right. However this why I am very picky about who I see. I aint gonna get in a relationship for the sake of it anymor, I have done that on two occaisons and yeah they lasted a while but it wasnt what I was after altho I did get the comfort and the cuddles. I will only now get with a girl, who is what I am after so that I wont have to worry about hurting them or making them suffer. I need someone who is outgoing and enjoys new experiencs, so I wont settle for any less.

The end
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Dec 09, 2011 @ 18:51:38
@townie_guy Said

The end

that bit made me laugh out loud.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Dec 10, 2011 @ 06:16:25
Glad I made you laugh
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#29New Post! Dec 10, 2011 @ 06:26:21
Men are easily replaceable commodities - girls prove that to us all the time.

I've come to realize that when in a relationship not to focus every second of your attention on your partner's responses and actions because they don't know what they're on about half the time any way.

Keep to you and your hobbies and hold them when they want be held.
Keep to you and your hobbies and travel with them when they want to be traveled with.
Keep to you and your hobbies and take care of them when they can use some nurturing.

All other times let them be themselves and go where ever and do as they must - if unfaithful it will show through just in time for fate to have a better one lined up for you.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#30New Post! Dec 10, 2011 @ 06:37:40
@Electric_Banana Said

Men are easily replaceable commodities - girls prove that to us all the time.

Fair one just open your legs.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs