Women's World Cup

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#16New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 16:29:18
Ok It's 2-0.

Should they stop now, so the Dutch don't get their feelings hurt?
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 16:29:21
2-0 Game over. What a cracking goal. Rose Lavelle ran clean through the Dutch defence and smashed home a low hard drive from 20 yards.

I'm glad this game isn't going to be won or lost by VAR. That is a goal worthy of a world cup final.

USA champions. Holland aren't coming back from that.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 16:30:20
@mrmhead Said

Ok It's 2-0.

Oh, stop being silly. That's an immature comment to make.

NE, Ohio
#19New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 16:31:19
And it wasn't very polite for them to keep playing while that one lady was on the ground bleeding.

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 16:32:49
@Jennifer1984 Said

Oh, stop being silly. That's an immature comment to make.

Well from your comment "Game Over" - it sounds like they should.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 16:32:51
@mrmhead Said

And it wasn't very polite for them to keep playing while that one lady was on the ground bleeding.

The referee called play on so they played on.

We all accept the bumps and bruises that go with the game.

Simple rule for both teams: If the ref don't stop the game, the game aint stopped. Play on.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 16:35:33
@mrmhead Said

Well from your comment "Game Over" - it sounds like they should.

I mean "game over" as a contest. It means I can't see Holland recovering that deficit. Indeed, since the second goal, the Dutch goalkeeper has made three world class saves or US could be over the hill and far away by now. The Dutch goalkeeper is keeping the score from becoming a rout.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 17:13:09
Final Score: Holland 0 USA 2 Well played the Eagles and congratulations. In the end, the best team won and that's how it should be. Megan Rapinhoe is the best female player in the world and her contribution throughout the tournament was immense.

Commiserations to Holland. They came with a game plan and for an hour they frustrated the American girls. USA got a break when they needed one and they took full advantage. That's how matches are won.

Jill Ellis.... the 'moosher' from Pompey.... is speaking to the BBC on the pitch. We're all very pleased for her. Why isn't she the manager of the ENGLAND women's team...? The FA should look long and hard at their selection processes.

The Match Award (I think you call it Most Valuable Player) will undoubtedly go to the Dutch goalkeeper who kept her team in the game almost single handedly. Top marks to her for her excellence.

Thanks to the French who have been marvellous hosts. The organisation and running of the last three weeks has been faultless. All the teams who have contributed so much have had their highs and lows.

This tournament has planted women's football in particular, and women's sport in general even more firmly into the global sporting calendar. We'll do it all again in four years time and we all know the standard we're going to have to rise to.

Next up over here is the European Championships. Sorry USA... you can't win that one I want to see how England fare in that.

Emmanuel Macron has come out onto the pitch..... he's the only person in the stadium who has been booed today..!! That's usually reserved for the referee but she had an excellent game, got all her calls right and I think the officials throughout the tournament have been first class.

The various awards will take a while to go through. That's how it is these days. Again, congratulations to the winners.

USA are World Champions.

Now be worthy of it.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#24New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 17:21:57
@mrmhead Said

Ok It's 2-0.

chuckle
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#25New Post! Jul 09, 2019 @ 09:19:57
@Jennifer1984 Said

* The FA knew of Sampson's history via a report on his activities with young girls at Bristol Academy, and yet they appointed him anyway and kept the report secret and in a locked file until it came to light during the Eni Aluko scandal.

Terrible, innit? No excuse for ignoring abuse. NONE. Nada. Not one. Will you join me in condemning everyone who ignores sexual abuse, or, will you continue to ignore sexual abuse?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#26New Post! Jul 09, 2019 @ 11:43:39
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Terrible, innit? No excuse for ignoring abuse. NONE. Nada. Not one. Will you join me in condemning everyone who ignores sexual abuse, or, will you continue to ignore sexual abuse?

condemn sexual abuse or ignore it.

Hmmmmm

I would say condemn
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#27New Post! Jul 09, 2019 @ 16:03:43
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Terrible, innit?

Just on Mark Sampson. Jen seems to imply that he was abusing young girls when at Bristol Academy. I have not seen anywhere where he was investigated (or even accused) of such abuse. The FA specifically stated that Mark had not broken ANY laws. He was sacked as they deemed his actions whilst at Bristol Academy to be unprofessional, in that he had a relationship with one of his players (who was over the age of 18). The player in question has stated that she does not have any problems regarding her past with Sampson. And yet according to Jen, having a relationship with a player over the age of 18 makes him a "sexual predator".

Note: after he was sacked for a relationship with a Bristol Academy player that was deemed unprofessional Mark sued the FA for wrongful dismissal. The FA opted for an out of court settlement with Mark reportedly receiving a large financial payout.

PS - Mark has just recently been appointed as a first-team coach at Stevenage
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#28New Post! Jul 09, 2019 @ 21:11:24
@Erimitus Said

condemn sexual abuse or ignore it.

Hmmmmm

I would say condemn

Of course, all decent, moral people and anyone with basic integrity condemns sexual abuse.

Jen does not seem to want to - well, she does not seem to want to condemn all of it no matter who does it.

See the Rotherham, Rochdale, Newcastle grooming scandals. If you don't know about it, it's truly eye opening.
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#29New Post! Aug 07, 2019 @ 15:21:11
I agree with a number of people who are angry at the inequality surrounding the amount of money FIFA award to the men's and women's teams. They are right in saying that the amount of money FIFA allocates to teams discriminates on the basis of gender, and this shouldn't be acceptable. At the 2018 FIFA world cup the men were only awarded 7% of total revenue, whilst in 2019 the women received 22%. How is that possibly fair? We need to see equality here, which would mean paying women significantly less and/or men significantly more.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs