Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#1New Post! Feb 01, 2017 @ 12:07:42
Women's march may be largest in history

Quote:
According to data collected by Erica Chenoweth at the University of Denver and Jeremy Pressman at the University of Connecticut, marches held in more than 600 US cities were attended by at least 4.2 million people.

Quote:
Even using a conservative estimate, it was the single largest day for a demonstration in the US,” Chenoweth, an expert on political protests and civil resistance, told us.

Quote:
Every state in America hosted a Women’s March,

Sweet.

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/i49/5/1/4/tfs_309ba6204b03.gif">
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Feb 01, 2017 @ 12:53:31
Re: newt
There will always be someone that hates something.

Apparently the haters were few and far between because I saw more headlines about the support of women - by women and men. And I'd bet you could even find a few youtube vids to support my claim.

I think I did see one small contingent of anti-abortion demonstrators locally, but it paled in comparison.

Speaking of which - the annual Pro-Life/Anti-Abortion (or would you want to call them "Trump Lovers"?) march a week later didn't get nearly the turn out, or the press.

A "People Who Hate Trump" march wouldn't have as much impact as focusing in on some of his actions and attitudes.

Call me twisted, but I was actually wondering how much the little lizard was squirming over this " Women's March "
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#4New Post! Feb 01, 2017 @ 12:56:43
@NNewt84 Said

And you realise that there are women who hated this march, right? Instead, this should have been called the "People Who Hate Trump March".

And before you say they all have internalised misogyny, let me just ask: how is it misogynistic to want to be treated as normal, average human beings, and not be reduced to one's gender? I'd say it's quite the opposite.

Your point being what? Yes, there were women who hated this march, for a multitude of different reasons. Just like there were women who loved this march, again, for a multitude of different reasons.
Magically Delicious

#5New Post! Feb 01, 2017 @ 13:06:28
@NNewt84 Said

And you realise that there are women who hated this march, right? Instead, this should have been called the "People Who Hate Trump March".

And before you say they all have internalised misogyny, let me just ask: how is it misogynistic to want to be treated as normal, average human beings, and not be reduced to one's gender? I'd say it's quite the opposite.

So it's a bad thing that all of these men and women came together to support equality?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Feb 01, 2017 @ 13:16:57
@LuckyCharms Said

So it's a bad thing that all of these men and women came together to support equality?

Well, they should have marched in support of equality for Men too - then it would be equal!

NNewt84 On July 19, 2018

Adelaide, Australia
#8New Post! Feb 01, 2017 @ 13:36:39
@mrmhead Said

I think I did see one small contingent of anti-abortion demonstrators locally, but it paled in comparison.

Speaking of which - the annual Pro-Life/Anti-Abortion (or would you want to call them "Trump Lovers"?) march a week later didn't get nearly the turn out, or the press.

Yeah, it failed because the media is so biased towards the left.
Magically Delicious

#11New Post! Feb 01, 2017 @ 14:15:31
@NNewt84 Said

Yeah, it failed because the media is so biased towards the left.

Or because their goal of defunding PPH isn't supported by the overwhelming vast majority of Americans.

But that's just that crazy thing called reality.
NNewt84 On July 19, 2018

Adelaide, Australia
#14New Post! Feb 01, 2017 @ 14:57:21
@LuckyCharms Said

Do you dislike/fear women so much that you cannot recognise this very simple reality?

For the last time: there are women who oppose this march! Why is it so hard for you to wrap that around your head?!
Magically Delicious

#15New Post! Feb 01, 2017 @ 15:13:58
@NNewt84 Said

For the last time: there are women who oppose this march! Why is it so hard for you to wrap that around your head?!

I have no issue acknowledging that. After all there are people that equate fillicide with genocide.

Why do you have a problem with the women's march being celebrated?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs