Woman loses frozen embryos fight

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#16New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 15:57:31
oh, thats the problem, morals and law dont mix.. family law i feel has been placed into a christian value, one in which we must be married or together. and because the male is the reckonised bread winner in the world today, then the male must pay for the keep of his family and the female must play mom.. its all wrong, she should have what she wants and so should he.. hence she should have a child, and it be noting to do with him period.
tlynn On April 17, 2007

Mordor, Canada
#17New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 16:06:21
While I feel bad for her the fathers wishes can't be dismissed. To ignore his lack of consent and create children of his loins against his wishes is an invasion and abuse of his rights.

There are a kabillion kids who need adopting. She doesn't need to give up the dream...just change it a bit.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#18New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 16:09:17
@tlynn Said
While I feel bad for her the fathers wishes can't be dismissed. To ignore his lack of consent and create children of his loins against his wishes is an invasion and abuse of his rights.

There are a kabillion kids who need adopting. She doesn't need to give up the dream...just change it a bit.

well said..
gossip_girl On October 03, 2006

, Florida
#19New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 16:10:52
@markfox01 Said
she should have what she wants and so should he.. hence she should have a child, and it be noting to do with him period.

That I completely agree with.
mollymalone On March 01, 2008

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#20New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 17:34:20
I feel sorry for her, but if it is decided that she has these babies, will she be another "single parent" claiming benefits. will she go after him for financial support, or will she just have the baby and do all on her own?

I feel that this is playing God.
krazy On August 05, 2006

couer d alene, Idaho
#21New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 18:49:51
if he wants to with drawl he has every rite to there not alive yet..

there is other ways she can have babys like adopting and having another person carrying they eggs for her
lily On April 21, 2009

, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 18:54:33
i feel soo sorry for her, all she wants is a child its not as if shes asking her ex to be there to help look after it
stenise On June 24, 2007

Little Rock, Arkansas
#23New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 20:52:16
Why is it their f***ing business if she can microwave her babies from her body originally and get a child?!?!?! Thats f***ing heartless and no one else's business but hers and the guy whose sperming them and the docs whose helping out! I mean they are her eggs!
stenise On June 24, 2007

Little Rock, Arkansas
#24New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 20:54:46
@tlynn Said

Yes she can adopt...but it's just not the same feeling when it's a process thats of your own. Not that she can't love adopted babies the same...it's just I know how she feels about wanting to do it own your own. I thought the guy gave consent Or she could have just used a sperm bank Cancer sucks hard
knerba On May 13, 2011

Sandy, Utah
#26New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 21:33:51
I was horrified when I found this story yesterday. That man already made the babies with her and he should have to deal with it. What right does he have to tell her that she can't have babies now?! How can anyone pro-life back him up at all? I am not pro-life, but geez, these are babies someone actually wants! How is refusing to let them be implanted any different than aborting them? I told my hubby that I'm going to get knocked up and then insist that the baby be suctioned out and stored- noone would view that as different than an abrtion- and neither is this. Except in this case, this man is forcing her into it.
solitaire On October 03, 2017

Dublin, Ireland
#27New Post! Mar 08, 2006 @ 21:41:30
If this woman is allowed to have the eggs implanted there's no guarantee the eggs will actually implant in the first place (as I am to understand it can take a number of attempts, hence the multiple number of eggs). There's no way in hell she can continue her cancer treatments while they're attempting this, so she'll have an increased chance of a new onset. Once that happens she'll have to go back on the treatment and the embryo will most likely die anyway. These eggs would never have been fertilized inside the mothers body anyway, they would have been artificially inseminated.
gypsygirl On May 08, 2006

st.louis, Missouri
#28New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 02:24:39
I do feel bad for her, but the choice to implant the fertilized eggs has to made by BOTH her and her ex.If a child is born from this it will be his child ALSO and he should get a say in this.
Is it fair to the child (if she gets to have) to be born and have a father (yes he will be the father) who never wanted him here??
is it fair to the man to become a father when he never wanted to become 1?
But he could have a little sympothy for her and give his consent and give her what she so desperatly wants. I mean he obviously loved her at 1 time.
becki7 On July 28, 2006

Australia
#29New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 03:57:05
Well this is a sticky situation where at the time her partner agreed to this and now they arn't together he doesn't want to do this.Now that's his choice and that's fine because you can't make a man do this without his consent.Although I do feel sorry for her not having kids I think she needs to look at other avenues like foster/adopt a child I think that her only option at this point in time.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#30New Post! Mar 09, 2006 @ 04:10:27
@markfox01 Said
she lives near me actually, the bristol area UK.. my really that bad down under!!!

In 2005, about one third of all pregnancies were aborted. A steady increase from year to year.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs