Relationships

Woman's triumphant attitude - fact or fiction

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Oct 13, 2017 @ 13:35:09
I'm sorry about how I posted my last topic pertaining to women's attitude during sex. I expressed everything the wrong way and the topic was put in quarantine, where it rightfully belongs. Please, give me a second chance to introduce the subject again and be a little more discreet.

In Charles d***en's fiction, women would seduce men to make them pregnant, in order to have power over them. Having said this, I imagine that concieving a child would give a malicious woman the satisfaction that she has persuaded a man to bend to her will and be forced to be protective of her and give in to her needs.

Also, I thought that bearing a child might give her a sense of triumph. Since humans are born with no human knowledge, what better way than to perpetuate her lifestyle, or to raise someone who can play a part in her heinous schemes?

Now, are these misplaced ideas of a man's twisted fantasy, or do some women gloat at the fact that they got a man to make them pregnant because of the leverage they could have over them or the opportunities the unborn child offers?
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#2New Post! Oct 13, 2017 @ 17:46:10
What are you asking? ...Are you asking if People can be malicious and vindictive and have ulterior motives or you asking if it's only Women that can be manipulative and vindictive?
Maybe you want to know if someone wrote fiction in their fictional story? Or was it based on something in their life?

Really? Hm, people being manipulative and vindictive and spiteful... I don't know. Sounds like fiction./sarcasm
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Oct 13, 2017 @ 18:35:08
@Conflict Said

I'm sorry about how I posted my last topic pertaining to women's attitude during sex. I expressed everything the wrong way and the topic was put in quarantine, where it rightfully belongs. Please, give me a second chance to introduce the subject again and be a little more discreet.

In Charles d***en's fiction, women would seduce men to make them pregnant, in order to have power over them. Having said this, I imagine that concieving a child would give a malicious woman the satisfaction that she has persuaded a man to bend to her will and be forced to be protective of her and give in to her needs.

Also, I thought that bearing a child might give her a sense of triumph. Since humans are born with no human knowledge, what better way than to perpetuate her lifestyle, or to raise someone who can play a part in her heinous schemes?

Now, are these misplaced ideas of a man's twisted fantasy, or do some women gloat at the fact that they got a man to make them pregnant because of the leverage they could have over them or the opportunities the unborn child offers?

That only took place before women's liberation

Now that women can work and earn their own way they are no longer hard-pressed into tricking men into marrying them and most would rather stay 'available.'
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#4New Post! Oct 13, 2017 @ 20:16:27
@Electric_Banana Said

Now that women can work and earn their own way they are no longer hard-pressed into tricking men into marrying them and most would rather stay 'available.'

Good point
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 14, 2017 @ 01:28:10
We have come a long way since d***ens time, Conflict.

d***ens's novels were mostly intended to be a form of social commentary. He was a fierce critic of, and brought to the attention of a wide audience, the poverty and social stratification of Victorian society. In an address made in New York, he said that : "Virtue shows quite as well in rags and patches as she does in purple and fine linen".

In the Victorian Era, Britain was the major economic and political power of the world. d***ens highlighted the life of the poor and downtrodden in this (then) most wealthy of countries. Through his journalism he campaigned on specific issues such as slum housing, crime and the workhouse. He changed public opinion in regard to inequalities.

He often portrayed the exploitation and oppression of the poor and shamed public officials and institutions that not only allowed abuse to exist, but profited from it.

It's fair to suggest that some women might have used pregnancy as a means of climbing out of the gutter at that time. If you were living in an East End slum in the 19th Century, you might well have done the same.

I doubt very much it was done out of a sense of malice though, and surely not gloated over. Rather, I suggest it would more likely to have been an act of desperation and if successful, the emotion involved would have been that of relief rather than smug self satisfaction.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#6New Post! Oct 15, 2017 @ 13:38:12
@Jennifer1984 Said

We have come a long way since d***ens time, Conflict.

d***ens's novels were mostly intended to be a form of social commentary. He was a fierce critic of, and brought to the attention of a wide audience, the poverty and social stratification of Victorian society. In an address made in New York, he said that : "Virtue shows quite as well in rags and patches as she does in purple and fine linen".

In the Victorian Era, Britain was the major economic and political power of the world. d***ens highlighted the life of the poor and downtrodden in this (then) most wealthy of countries. Through his journalism he campaigned on specific issues such as slum housing, crime and the workhouse. He changed public opinion in regard to inequalities.

He often portrayed the exploitation and oppression of the poor and shamed public officials and institutions that not only allowed abuse to exist, but profited from it.

It's fair to suggest that some women might have used pregnancy as a means of climbing out of the gutter at that time. If you were living in an East End slum in the 19th Century, you might well have done the same.

I doubt very much it was done out of a sense of malice though, and surely not gloated over. Rather, I suggest it would more likely to have been an act of desperation and if successful, the emotion involved would have been that of relief rather than smug self satisfaction.

True on all accounts. We have indeed gone a long way since d***ens time. I don't deny that if I were living in a slum during the 19th century I would've been very happy to get married to a person who could have given me a better living. It's a matter of wanting something better and a man being decent enough to offer a woman a more reasonable existence.

Now, if we could take another example, let's think about Kelly Macdonald's role of Diane in Trainspotting. She is a fifteen year old schoolgirl who seduces Renton and then blackmails him into dating her.

I have seen the film and it seems like Diane is gloating when she rides Renton in bed and before they part ways the next day when he gives in to her.

How is this for a case study?
puzZles On November 13, 2020

Inside my mind's mind, United
#7New Post! Oct 16, 2017 @ 22:13:28
If I'd never met my cousin's friend Shelly, I would have said you are possibly over dramatic, or maybe had it in for women. But sweetie, I now know, unfortunately, these women ARE out there.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Oct 16, 2017 @ 23:26:23
I typically doubted the few that would "brag" about going to do it, but there were a few others I suspect would or did....
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#9New Post! Oct 17, 2017 @ 08:36:44
@Electric_Banana Said

I know women who get pregnant just so they can get single parent payments.
And some actually 'buy'the sperm.

But yeah, there are still women around who will do anything,including trickery, to hook a bloke.

Like they say,it takes all kinds.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#10New Post! Oct 17, 2017 @ 13:39:49
@puzZles Said

If I'd never met my cousin's friend Shelly, I would have said you are possibly over dramatic, or maybe had it in for women. But sweetie, I now know, unfortunately, these women ARE out there.

Could you please elaborate on Shelly?
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 17, 2017 @ 17:57:38
@Conflict Said

True on all accounts. We have indeed gone a long way since d***ens time. I don't deny that if I were living in a slum during the 19th century I would've been very happy to get married to a person who could have given me a better living. It's a matter of wanting something better and a man being decent enough to offer a woman a more reasonable existence.

Now, if we could take another example, let's think about Kelly Macdonald's role of Diane in Trainspotting. She is a fifteen year old schoolgirl who seduces Renton and then blackmails him into dating her.

I have seen the film and it seems like Diane is gloating when she rides Renton in bed and before they part ways the next day when he gives in to her.

How is this for a case study?

In the instance you detail above, is it a case of life imitating art, or is art imitating life..?

Before you can progress the argument, you must first solve the conundrum.

Good luck.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#12New Post! Oct 18, 2017 @ 08:48:43
@Justpassing Said

I know women who get pregnant just so they can get single parent payments.
And some actually 'buy'the sperm.

But yeah, there are still women around who will do anything,including trickery, to hook a bloke.

Like they say,it takes all kinds.

That's Oz and NZ

Back in the USA if a chic gets knocked up ..well...well, she goes a dancin'

Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#13New Post! Oct 18, 2017 @ 12:45:00
@Electric_Banana Said

That's Oz and NZ

chuckle
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#14New Post! Oct 20, 2017 @ 11:24:50
@Electric_Banana Said

That's Oz and NZ

For welfare... you;re probably right.

But when it comes to manipulation there are many ways to get a bloke to dance to her tune.

Cases of guys thinking they supporting their kid... when it ain't.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#15New Post! Oct 20, 2017 @ 12:23:29
"do some women gloat at the fact that they got a man to make them pregnant"

Snarl in triumph. Ha ha that sweet a** man dun knocked me up and I'm set for two decades of motherly bliss is what they say.

That's my guess but not really my experience. I got a girl pregnant a couple times and never picked up on that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs