Politics

Win - Win situation over copyright issues on internet

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 · >>
lexxel On March 22, 2009

adelaide, Australia
#1New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 09:10:11
Internet allows us the population to conduct research, enter discussions, date and commerce with the world at large. It is also has contraversy over many issues, I would like to bring up a debate over the issues of copy right.

I will be submitting my views as the only real resolvement where a win - win situation can happen. I am referring to downloads, of music, movies, books or what else a person may be downloading from the net.

Copyright breach has been going on for years, it wont ever stop and that is just a fact to life its not debatable cause its happening as we speak or read of this. It cannot be illiminated as Blu-Ray and HDDVD has already been cracked and no matter what version of encryption or prevention there is people will always find a way to get around it.

Downloading of the internet of what is considered to be illegal downloads, can be resolved however. It means that companies may have to losen their pockets a little and in reaslistical sense its a practical solution. From the creation of a win - win situation money that the companies wouldnt ever see to say the least and the person downloading happy with what they have got.

By implementing a fee on top of a internet plan on a per month basis just even 5 dollars - would generate millions of dollars within a month, an ISP contributes that amount towards a body who then disburses that accordingly to the various companies by within a set structure of disbursement.

At the present time, people who download are getting it and the companies dont even see one cent so in hindsight its a win for them, it is also a win for the person downloading.

Ultimately the quality of a download isnt equal to the quality of an original version anyway, such as dvd's for example, you dont get the DVD, the case nor art work or all the extras's. The quality of the picture or sound wouldnt be equal to the original either.

By having a system like this it allows the companies to obtain their profit and the downloader to acheive some satisfaction.

On the essences of other businesses losing out - I doubt it, as there will still be consumers wishing to buy the original product as well, I know i sure would still buy originals for the fact I am a collector of DVD's. It wont stop people from going to movies or buying cd's for the exact same reasons.

Well this is my political beleif submitted - it may be wrong or may be right but ultimately a win win situation is better for the world in all respect
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#2New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 09:14:45
It will never happen.

I would not consent to a $5 increase in my bill so that other people can illegally download music and movies.
becky_pepper On December 29, 2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 09:19:42
the people who don't download, if I've got this right, correct me if i havnt, is this...

wouldn't they be paying extra for the movie/CD/book etc, they'd end up getting charged for the downloads that they don't use...because if you charge anyone for the downloading, they're paying form something that's useless to them as they don't download?

My partner voiced that concern, if I got it wrong please say so otherwise

It's always good to say for once with pete...ahh on this one your wrong lmao!

Anyway, other than that it does seem like a win win solution in a way.
lexxel On March 22, 2009

adelaide, Australia
#4New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 09:20:07
@el_tino Said
It will never happen.

I would not consent to a $5 increase in my bill so that other people can illegally download music and movies.

maybe, but it would mean there isnt such a thing as illegal downloads anymore and you would also be able to download then!
lexxel On March 22, 2009

adelaide, Australia
#5New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 09:23:32
@becky_pepper Said
the people who don't download, if I've got this right, correct me if i havnt, is this...

wouldn't they be paying extra for the movie/CD/book etc, they'd end up getting charged for the downloads that they don't use...because if you charge anyone for the downloading, they're paying form something that's useless to them as they don't download?

My partner voiced that concern, if I got it wrong please say so otherwise

It's always good to say for once with pete...ahh on this one your wrong lmao!

Anyway, other than that it does seem like a win win solution in a way.

Its a debatable topic - im neither wrong nor right - but in essence it would mean there isnt an illagility issue anymore with downloads and would mean its ok to download - the companies that are jumping up and down wont see any money at the present time either unless they adopt this type of terminology
becky_pepper On December 29, 2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 09:42:02
i would say it's a win win lose situation, as fair enough it'll ake the illegal side of things away but there's still the fact that people who don't illegally download are paying a $5 bill for something they don't do!

But I suppose it'll help if it cuts down on the number of court cases etc about illegal downloads, I only stopped illegally downloading when my dad started working for the police you see.
henry_ireton On May 27, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 09:45:08
So I would need to pay more because some people are cheap.

It's about as fair as most things in life.
lexxel On March 22, 2009

adelaide, Australia
#8New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 10:08:48
@henry_ireton Said
So I would need to pay more because some people are cheap.

It's about as fair as most things in life.

well do u have any views on how it can be resolved? to where it is finally stopped within a reality perspective?

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 10:10:59
@lexxel Said
well do u have any views on how it can be resolved? to where it is finally stopped within a reality perspective?

Well punishing me because people are too cheap to buy something isn't much of a start is it.
lexxel On March 22, 2009

adelaide, Australia
#10New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 10:12:46
who says its punishing you - you prob download anyways as amongst about 70% of all internet users including the people who work for the companies lol
Danger_Mouse On June 29, 2017

Christchurch, New Zealand
#11New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 10:14:58
I don't download movies. I enjoy the quality of DVD and it annoys me watching a poor quality movie as I think it detracts from the enjoyment of the movie. Music I download is done legally via iTunes.

Why should I pay anything extra because there are people who want second rate movies? For a start all that will happen is that people will go to a cheaper ISP and still download illegally.

If every ISP did it then kiss goodbye to DVD sales. Everyone will download copies cause thats what they pay for.

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 10:15:47
@lexxel Said
who says its punishing you - you prob download anyways as amongst about 70% of all internet users including the people who work for the companies lol

No I don't, this master plan calls for me having to pay more for the actions of others.

If I arbitrarily decide you must pay for my action would you consider that fair?
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 10:16:00
It's a bit like introducing a cover charge to walk into a store, to cover the cost of shoplifting, no?

Besides, the industry already passes on it's losses to the consumer anyway - in increased media prices.
lexxel On March 22, 2009

adelaide, Australia
#14New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 10:19:43
well with this happening then you will have the ability to or would you say the good of the few out weighs the good of the many?
its statistics that say about 70% of the population downloads to some degree otherwise there wouldnt be any site or program that allows you to do that

and if this happened im sure you wouldnt hesitate in downloading things either. I would say that only 3 out of every 10 who said no this shouldnt happen would be the only portion who dont download. Thats my opion anyways.

London, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Feb 11, 2008 @ 10:24:45
Do you actually have a link to say 70% of internet users illegally download rather than just download?

I could quite easily get a majority to say Jaguars should be given away free, anyone that say no would need to pay for one. Does that make it right?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...11 12 13 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs