The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

Will you be ready when the rapture happens?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Fenway On November 05, 2018

none of your business, Missour
#1New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 01:24:21
It's in Revelations. God will rapture all Christians to heaven. THose left behind will suffer through 7 years tribulation, assuming you survive the entire 7 years. And most of y'all will be deceived by antichrist, although some of you will come to Christ during the tribulation and enter the Millennial kingdom.

We're not there yet. We're currently in the church age. It's easier to believe now than it will be during the tribulation. Please come to God before it's too late. Will you be ready?

Source: Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 01:31:03
Oh yeah - thanks for reminding me...

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 01:32:29
@Fenway Said

It's in Revelations. God will rapture all Christians to heaven. THose left behind will suffer through 7 years tribulation, assuming you survive the entire 7 years. And most of y'all will be deceived by antichrist, although some of you will come to Christ during the tribulation and enter the Millennial kingdom.

We're not there yet. We're currently in the church age. It's easier to believe now than it will be during the tribulation. Please come to God before it's too late. Will you be ready?

That doesn't sound like a very nice god.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 02:40:51
If it were to begin now, then I’m screwed. No matter how strong in Faith I believe I am. Honestly, we’ve been in the end days for centuries. It can happen any day. Question to the OP: Will YOU be ready in time?
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#5New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 04:10:13
For me, the answer must come to a sharp, "No." At my church we spend no time talking about this subject, and I would not know about it at all if I had not studied it in school. So I know that for some Christians, the world revolves around raptures and tribulations, but for me, extra curricular tribulations above and beyond living life just don't exist.

So, I gotta admit that I don't know for sure that we have no position on this subject, but I remember one time in Sunday school, asking about the Fundamentalist view of creation, which I had heard from a (probably) Baptist friend. The teacher said something about how we had "God's work" to deal with, by which I took him to mean, the homeless people we feed, clothe, and house along with other churches in town, "we have God's work to do, and we don't have time for that 'tribulatory foolishness.'"

So apparently, we have God's work at hand (or some approximation there of) and we don't have time for cosmological speculation.

#6New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 16:31:54
@mrmhead Said

That doesn't sound like a very nice god.

We are not very nice people. God wants to call our attention to our sinful nature so that we'll repent and be saved. It's for OUR own good.

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 16:39:54
@Fenway Said

We are not very nice people. God wants to call our attention to our sinful nature so that we'll repent and be saved. It's for OUR own good.

Why did god make us such bad people?
Just so he could punish us?
Or so we could praise him for "saving" us?

#8New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 16:55:31
@mrmhead Said

No, he gave us free will and we chose to f*** up.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#9New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 19:27:37
@mrmhead Said

Something to do with free will I think.

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 20:14:19
@Fenway Said

So we will be punished for exercising our "Free Will" which may conflict with his desires.
... Doesn't sound so Free now, does it?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#11New Post! Oct 22, 2018 @ 20:18:08
@Fenway Said

How is a creator that is all knowing and all powerful give us the ability to make decisions without being 100% responsible for our decisions?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#12New Post! Oct 23, 2018 @ 00:17:11
@Leon Said

How is a creator that is all knowing and all powerful give us the ability to make decisions without being 100% responsible for our decisions?

could the ability to choose between alternatives be independent of causality?

NE, Ohio
#13New Post! Oct 23, 2018 @ 01:03:42
@Erimitus Said

could the ability to choose between alternatives be independent of causality?

Yes
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#14New Post! Oct 23, 2018 @ 01:40:22
@Fenway Said

I hope I'm ready. But, are you sure that LaHaye and Jenkins have a lock on future events? Thanks.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#15New Post! Oct 23, 2018 @ 14:50:07
1. The Rapture is not biblical... read it numerous times. This belief in the rapture make a lot of huge assumptions in terms of interpreting the bible. One might wonder it the rapture as truly spoken of in the bible why is it that the Roman Catholic church, the protestant churches of the Reformation and the Eastern Orthodox churches never taught it... it only really came into the "teachings" of christianity in the 20th century... why? Why didn't Paul (or Peter.... or Jesus) talk about it in clear and specific details? Did they not want anyone to know about it until the 20th Century?

2. Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins... read it... middle entertaining but actually kind of silly.

3. Jesus told us that the kingdom of heaven is within each of us... so if the rapture was real, you would be raptured to inside yourself.

Quite frankly a zombie apocalypse is far more likely... are you ready for that?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs