Society & Lifestyles

Why would people want to hurt children?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
dark_angel1715 On February 27, 2013

hell GFY, Missouri
#1New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 14:08:13
Seriously, what would drive some sick people to want to abuse a child? Yeah you can beat up a 4 y/o. That definitely makes you a man. Now it's time to up yourself and actually take on someone who actually have a chance of taking you down! How could they look at children and feel hatred? Every time I look at them, I feel nothing but protective. They're innocent and done nothing to deserve this.

I'm from NYC originally so I'll relate stories of 2 children from that area. They'd be around my age now if they lived.

Elisa Izquierdo (2/11/89 - 11/22/95) died at the hands of her crack addicted mother at the age of 6. She died by slow torture and then on Thanksgiving Eve, her mother slammed her head into the concrete wall. Not one part of her body was not cut or bruised. She had lived happily with her loving father until he died of cancer in 1994. He died the day they were supposed to leave for Cuba so he could keep her safe from her mother. w/o his protection and with custody given to her mother, she didn't stand a chance.

Nadine Lockwood (September 1991 -8/31/96), who happened to be from the same neighborhood as I was, was starved to death by her mother. A month before her 5th birthday, she weighed only 15 pounds, less than a year-old toddler. Her mother admitted to hating the child and blamed the child for all her hardships. From the time the child was 2, her mother forced her to stay in the crib and regularly didn't feed her ever since. She put a sheet over it so she wouldn't have to look at her. Mrs Lockwood was also a crack head.
Tusk On June 21, 2010

Banned

Munich, Germany
#2New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 14:16:55
anyone that wants to hurt children is a complete and utter scum bucket

Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#3New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 14:17:56
Awwww...Now that's tragic! The one about Elisa struck me the most. The death of her father must've intensified her mother's anger. They're both in a better place where they're loved.

I know you don't wanna hear this...but it's not evil to hate a child...even your own. There's always a reason for all the anger. I just wish they'd give their kids up for adoption, or not have kids at all. They both need some mental help.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 15:33:44
Because they need a scapegoat in life, but not just any scapegoat..it has to be an 'easy' target, - god forbid should they get hurt, or tortured back!!
Tusk On June 21, 2010

Banned

Munich, Germany
#5New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 15:42:09
@sTreetAngeL Said

Because they need a scapegoat in life, but not just any scapegoat..it has to be an 'easy' target, - god forbid should they get hurt, or tortured back!!

very true..hurting children is the actions of the craven tbh i do agree with someone that has inflicted pain on an innocent child and sometimes for an extensive period of time,be tortured to death

an eye for an eye and all that
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#6New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 15:49:23
They have psychological issues. They are not able to treat people their size that way, mostly through fear so they pick on innocent children. These same types prey on animals and seniors.

A crime is a crime but to do it against someone who can't properly defend themselves is even worse.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#7New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 15:49:51
@Tusk Said

very true..hurting children is the actions of the craven tbh i do agree with someone that has inflicted pain on an innocent child and sometimes for an extensive period of time,be tortured to death

an eye for an eye and all that

I absolutely agree!!
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#8New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 16:24:20
These stories make want to cry a bit. I always put my kids face on the stories, and I just can't imagine him suffering such horrible punishments.

As much as I feel for the children, I can't quite hate the mothers though. I just don't understand, and more than I want to lynch them and make easy assumptions I really just want to talk to them and try to get into their heads enough to understand how they could do such things to babies. I can't hate them until I understand.

, Canada
#9New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 16:29:36
When it comes to killing a child, it is different when mothers kill. A lot of times they have post partum psychosis, history of mental illness or they do it for a man.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#10New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 16:32:19
@chisa96 Said

These stories make want to cry a bit. I always put my kids face on the stories, and I just can't imagine him suffering such horrible punishments.

As much as I feel for the children, I can't quite hate the mothers though. I just don't understand, and more than I want to lynch them and make easy assumptions I really just want to talk to them and try to get into their heads enough to understand how they could do such things to babies. I can't hate them until I understand.

I see where you are coming from, and certainly there is a reason for their behaviour...but I'm afraid, not quite good enough to justify such actions.

Regardless of how bad we might have had it, we always still have a choice .
Tusk On June 21, 2010

Banned

Munich, Germany
#11New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 16:38:12
@DorkySupergirl Said

When it comes to killing a child, it is different when mothers kill. A lot of times they have post partum psychosis, history of mental illness or they do it for a man.

women kill children for a man ? not at the bequest of a man surely ?

in order to keep a partner by disposing of the child because he/she is seen as an unwanted obligation you mean ?
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#12New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 16:42:59
@sTreetAngeL Said

I see where you are coming from, and certainly there is a reason for their behaviour...but I'm afraid, not quite good enough to justify such actions.

Regardless of how bad we might have had it, we always still have a choice .

Sure, but I'm not going to blame them without understanding. I'm not interested in justifying their actions either though. If it would save a baby, I'd kill them myself without a second thought to what's going through their head. It wouldn't save anything though; the children are already dead. All that's left is to try to gain an understanding of why they died.

, Canada
#13New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 16:43:54
There are exceptions to the rule about having a choice. If someone is suffering from postpartum psychosis, they suffer from decreased sleep, violence, delusions, verbal hallucinations etc.

If there is no mens rea they have not committed a crime as that has to be there. They lack a guilty mind. The voices tell them to go and do this and so they do. It is quite rare and Andrea Yates is a prime example of it.

Voices told her to drown her children. I would say she is legally responsible as she was insane and couldnot appreciate her actions, she deserves to be in a psych ward.

Many people think those mentally ill get off of when they are found nit legally responsible. If you are mentally ill or tempoarily insane you can't have a guilty mind and thsu not mens rea.

, Canada
#14New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 16:46:07
@Tusk Said

women kill children for a man ? not at the bequest of a man surely ?

in order to keep a partner by disposing of the child because he/she is seen as an unwanted obligation you mean ?

Certain cases as in Susan Smith, the women fall in love with a man and the man reject them due to them having children and it's not a life they want. The women are so obsessed with these men that they will in deed kill their own children for the thought the children are keeping hem away from their love.

If under proper conditions as in a Susan Smith, she would have killed her children if he asked. I can't think of any such case at the mo,ment however.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#15New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 16:50:02
@chisa96 Said

Sure, but I'm not going to blame them without understanding. I'm not interested in justifying their actions either though. If it would save a baby, I'd kill them myself without a second thought to what's going through their head. It wouldn't save anything though; the children are already dead. All that's left is to try to gain an understanding of why they died.

Okay; you are more clear here of what you mean.

I still feel a hatred for them though; but agree, I'd like to know too what made them do it, and/or what was going through their minds.

I still can't help but feel, from what I've seen of some drug addicts though, that the children were an easy scapegoat..

It just tears me up to hear stories such as these.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs