The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Why we tolerate a cheating boyfriend/live-in partner?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
sophie_mendez04 On December 30, 2011

, North Dakota
#1New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 16:42:23
I really don't know why I'm still tolerating my boyfriend/live-in partner?
We've been together for 2 years and 3 months now.
He has a girlfriend back in June 2006, they broke up when he was with me and they got back together on May 2010 (according to him)
***but he accidentally didn't signed out on facebook and I have read all their messages that they didn't break up at all, so their relationship until now is 5 years and 5 months in total***
their still talking through chat during my boyfriend's working hours.
We have a 9 months baby now,

I'm still holding on...
Oisin On January 27, 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 16:45:17
you shouldn't have put "we" in the title, because i wouldn't put up with that s*** for a single minute.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#3New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 16:47:43
@Oisin Said

you shouldn't have put "we" in the title, because i wouldn't put up with that s*** for a single minute.

Ditto!

But I know some women and men that do stay together based solely on the 'money' or the 'children' which in my opinion are very weak reason to stay together.
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 16:52:01
@sophie_mendez04 Said

I'm still holding on...

What are you holding on to? It sounds to me like there is very little left to hold on to- I'm seeing no respect, there can't be much love for him to do this and it appears like you are fighting a lost cause with him. Sorry to be so blunt but it looks like you are heading for nothing but more heartache if you stay with him
Oisin On January 27, 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 16:53:39
@rosexthorn Said

Ditto!

But I know some women and men that do stay together based solely on the 'money' or the 'children' which in my opinion are very weak reason to stay together.

obviously there would have to be arrangements made for the sake of the children seeing the parent that they weren't living with but other than that they would be out of my life. i wouldn't stay with someone for financial reasons.

i'm really not a demanding person but that is one thing that's a so called "deal breaker" for me.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 16:54:39
I think it's a mix of feelings of hopelessness/helplessness; and a big fear of change that keeps some prisoner to this life style.

When you love the person, it makes it that much worse...but at the end of the day, you have to ask yourself "what is to REALLY love" - and I'm serious..make a list!...

You may simply have grown too comfortable in the relationship on other levels, to seek change.
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 16:55:03
I am sorry you are in such a relationship. Can’t you leave him and find a better man?
cvchic13 On November 12, 2020
(s)AINT

Desolation Row, United States
#8New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 16:55:14
I know I wouldn't take that s***

he would be out on his ass. No one should have to deal with cheating.
lefty On July 19, 2018
AKA: friendlybear

Oh, Canada
#9New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 17:12:54
@sophie_mendez04 Said

He has a girlfriend back in June 2006, they broke up when he was with me and they got back together on May 2010 (according to him)
***but he accidentally didn't signed out on facebook and I have read all their messages that they didn't break up at all, so their relationship until now is 5 years and 5 months in total***

I'm still holding on...
The reason why you put up with this, is your business. In Canada, after having a baby with, and living with this horndog for one year, you are considered married by common law.

I wouldn't recommend continuing this relationship.

I'm not sure about your location, but here in Canada, you would be within your rights to see an attorney.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#10New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 17:20:00
@sophie_mendez04 Said

I'm still holding on...

You know..you have to wonder about this girl too,..to put up with him..knowing...all this time, about you; and now about your baby...
Maybe they deserve each other.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#11New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 17:20:41
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#12New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 17:26:40
From what I can understand, he supposedly "broke up" with his girlfriend AFTER he started dating you. That means he was "cheating" on her with you in the first place...
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#13New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 17:26:40
Yeah, at some point you're going to wake up and realize you've wasted your life on this guy because you were too scared/complacent to do anything about it. It's better to realize that now instead of when you're 45.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#14New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 17:34:04
@galasTAray Said

From what I can understand, he supposedly "broke up" with his girlfriend AFTER he started dating you. That means he was "cheating" on her with you in the first place...

this explains it a bit more..

https://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/My-live-in-boyfriend-for-2-years-amp-3-mos-doesn-39-t-want-to-leave-his-5-yea/452475
Rhiv On March 09, 2013

, United States (general)
#15New Post! Dec 20, 2011 @ 19:23:01
You need to leave him, you are giving him is cake and letting him eat it as well.

Show him you are strong and wouldn't put up with that type of thing. He should want to be a family man with you, he shouldn't have other women in his life like that.

I do agree with @galasTAray though...you are actually the mistress in this situation.

Does the other girl know about you? the baby? ...if not she needs to be told because he is playing you both and he has been doing it WAY too long.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs