Why the violence??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Apr 01, 2012 @ 22:50:52
A lot of Anti-Obama people say they'd "kill" Obama if they had the opportunity. Or they'd punch him in the face, or bomb the house, and I've even heard an extremist say he'd kidnap his children.

I mean, he's just a guy. I could *maybe* understand if he had absolute power, but I don't want to hurt anyone over their political views.

Yes, I feel Rick Santorum is an idiot with a pea brain, but I don't want to harm him.

Just trying to get a glimpse inside your heads guys. What's up with the severe hate?
Even if you don't mean it, why go as far as saying it??
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#2New Post! Apr 01, 2012 @ 22:54:09
A hyperbole is an effective way to illustrate your view.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#3New Post! Apr 01, 2012 @ 22:57:19
@Kristy69 Said

A lot of Anti-Obama people say they'd "kill" Obama if they had the opportunity. Or they'd punch him in the face, or bomb the house, and I've even heard an extremist say he'd kidnap his children.

I mean, he's just a guy. I could *maybe* understand if he had absolute power, but I don't want to hurt anyone over their political views.

Yes, I feel Rick Santorum is an idiot with a pea brain, but I don't want to harm him.

Just trying to get a glimpse inside your heads guys. What's up with the severe hate?

With the exception of the extremists, I don't think most of them mean it, as it is just an expression of hate towards the guy. Or we'd have seen assassination attempts by now.

Personally, while I don't think he has done as good a job as he could have been, I think he truly thinks he has tried the best he can for the good of America, which is all we can ask of anyone really.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#4New Post! Apr 01, 2012 @ 22:59:41
@Kristy69 Said

Kristy,it wouldn't matter who was in power,the one's who didn't vote for them always complain about them.
The Violence threat and Death threats?? they are made,and rarely carried out and even then you would be doing well to get close enough to try.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#5New Post! Apr 01, 2012 @ 23:06:40
It's that time again: Election time.

Same thing happened couple years ago. You couldn't go two days without hearing another Obama assassination story.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Apr 01, 2012 @ 23:09:30
And with racism still present in America, I am kind of surprised there hasn't been a visible assassination attempt by now.

Either that or the security surrounding him has done an outstanding job.
raditz On April 07, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#7New Post! Apr 01, 2012 @ 23:50:24
Same happened when Bush was in office.
Carly's Mommy

#8New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 00:09:59
@Leon Said

And with racism still present in America, I am kind of surprised there hasn't been a visible assassination attempt by now.

Honestly, I'm surprised too!

I called it in 2008 (not like, rooting for it, you know). I guess no one is ballsy enough.
Carly's Mommy

#9New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 00:10:37
@chisa96 Said

Meh, I guess I can understand that. It just seems like a lot of them might actually hit him/them if they had the chance
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#10New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 00:59:31
@Leon Said

He, his wife, and his children have outstanding security. Take a close look at the White House some time.. notice the windows? Bulletproof.
Notice the moving shapes on the roof? Snipers.
Notice the new "antenna" on the roof? anti-aircraft guns.
Notice how the lawn has been relandscaped so you don't have a direct view into anything but the main building?

All thanks to Bush.. It's a good thing that Cheney thought to do all that.. but then Cheney was planning on being the next president until the s*** hit the fan.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#11New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 01:33:29
@Kristy69 Said

Who do you hang out with?
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#12New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 02:11:07
@boxerdc Said

He, his wife, and his children have outstanding security. Take a close look at the White House some time.. notice the windows? Bulletproof.
Notice how the lawn has been relandscaped so you don't have a direct view into anything but the main building?

All thanks to Bush.. It's a good thing that Cheney thought to do all that.. but then Cheney was planning on being the next president until the s*** hit the fan.

No, unlike you. We don't live in D.C. Lol, that's pretty awesome. Last time I was there was for the inauguration and security looked like snipers getting ready for the zombie apocalypse.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#13New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 02:34:08
@boxerdc Said

Well sure, but when was there ever an assassination at the president's home?

I meant when he was out and about. And you would have thought there would have at least been a reported attempt by now.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 02:47:23
@chisa96 Said

Not really. Not unless you make it clear that is the intent of the words you spoke.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#15New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 02:48:26
@raditz Said

Same happened when Bush was in office.

Not to the same extent.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed