Why ruin a good thing?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 22:33:29
I've just realised that people have this nasty habit of ruining good things. Like the Sims 2. It had the most awesome music ever. It was really basic stuff but catchy and almost made the loading screens worth it just to hear that music play. Then with 3 they decided to go all out and kind of ruined it. I mean the music doesn't burn your ears off or anything but it's not the same. They ruined it.

There are other examples but that's all I've got right now. It makes me sad.
dark_angel1715 On February 27, 2013

hell GFY, Missouri
#2New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 22:34:20
Are you the same crazychica on constantchatter.com? Just wondering.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#3New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 22:35:44
I don't like Sims 3. To me, it's just not the same as 1 or 2 was I'm sticking to 2, that to me (with the mods I use) is the perfect game
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 22:36:22
@dark_angel1715 Said

Are you the same crazychica on constantchatter.com? Just wondering.

No. Different insane chick. Sorry
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 22:37:06
@plebian_angel Said

I don't like Sims 3. To me, it's just not the same as 1 or 2 was I'm sticking to 2, that to me (with the mods I use) is the perfect game

The EPs make it pretty good but as my flatmate pointed out, the cool thing about 1 and 2 were that they were good before the EPs
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#6New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 22:39:12
I agree! It's like when we were cavemen,no laws,no currency,no Alan Titchmarsh,then some smartarse decides we would be all better off living together in so-called civil societies...BAH!!
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 22:40:07
@Wellard Said

I agree! It's like when we were cavemen,no laws,no currency,no Alan Titchmarsh,then some smartarse decides we would be all better off living together in so-called civil societies...BAH!!

We're fine as long as we still have guys like Terry Wogan to mock things
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 22:54:53
Never had Sims2, so have no idea what it was like. Hope Santa might find his way to getting me Sims3 for Xmas though

There's a lil rumour about atm that one of our tracks is being remixed and used in the new Flatout game on Wii, so I guess it's not an area I can complain about
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 22:58:17
@davii Said

Never had Sims2, so have no idea what it was like. Hope Santa might find his way to getting me Sims3 for Xmas though

There's a lil rumour about atm that one of our tracks is being remixed and used in the new Flatout game on Wii, so I guess it's not an area I can complain about

2 was pretty good on it's own. 3 is nearly the same as 2, it just has some of the bells and whistles that were missing from 2. The main issue seems to be that while 2 was great on its own, 3 only really started to get all that good when the EPs came out.
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 23:01:07
@crazychica Said

2 was pretty good on it's own. 3 is nearly the same as 2, it just has some of the bells and whistles that were missing from 2. The main issue seems to be that while 2 was great on its own, 3 only really started to get all that good when the EPs came out.

EPs are the norm now though huh, all a big marketing tactic for more cash than it's ever been
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 23:02:58
@davii Said

EPs are the norm now though huh, all a big marketing tactic for more cash than it's ever been

Yeah. It's sad. EPs are meant to be about extending a great game, not about making tons of cash out of people who buy a game that's meant to be great only to find out they need to buy this thing too to actually make it live up to what was advertised
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 23:07:34
@crazychica Said

Yeah. It's sad. EPs are meant to be about extending a great game, not about making tons of cash out of people who buy a game that's meant to be great only to find out they need to buy this thing too to actually make it live up to what was advertised

I know, not so good, but as I collaborate with a guy that does game soundtracks (including EA) I have to switch between hats on all that.

I think it's the notion that EPs are already done, ready to be gradually fed out into the stores when the main game is released that's also irritating.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#13New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 23:10:00
@crazychica Said

I've just realised that people have this nasty habit of ruining good things. Like the Sims 2. It had the most awesome music ever. It was really basic stuff but catchy and almost made the loading screens worth it just to hear that music play. Then with 3 they decided to go all out and kind of ruined it. I mean the music doesn't burn your ears off or anything but it's not the same. They ruined it.

There are other examples but that's all I've got right now. It makes me sad.

I feel that way about the new IE and new Microsoft OFfice package. I don't like it at all. Sometimes the more a company tries to improve on something the more they end up ruining it.
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 23:11:58
@davii Said

I know, not so good, but as I collaborate with a guy that does game soundtracks (including EA) I have to switch between hats on all that.

I think it's the notion that EPs are already done, ready to be gradually fed out into the stores when the main game is released that's also irritating.

It's greedy and mean

@GSnap Said

I feel that way about the new IE and new Microsoft OFfice package. I don't like it at all. Sometimes the more a company tries to improve on something the more they end up ruining it.

Agreed. The old adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it" doesn't always work but in some cases it's true
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 23:15:59
like with the original airships, Hydrogen! There was a decent chance you might explode, a little bit of risk, a little bit of a turn on. Then one little disaster, and bang, they use helium instead. Boring.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs