The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Why it that Educational issues in politics always point their finger at the teach

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ThunderingEcho On March 25, 2009

Live Oak, Florida
#1New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 17:57:33
Why it that Educational issues in politics always point their finger at the teachers?

It is not the teachers that does not do their homework.

It is not the teachers that are not sitting at the dinner table with their kids doing the homework with the kids.

It is not the teachers that are not learning...however they are spoon feeding the kids and they still will not learn.

It is not the teachers that don't value an education; however, when you come out of grad school and get paid 25000.00 year for your education and you have 80,000.00 dollars in student loans what message are we senting to these kids...especailly considering that wal-mart employee can make 30,000.00 a year.

What message do we sent to kids when it is clear that an education is not valued in our society.

If an education was valued in our society how would it look...
what would a two year person get...in pay
what would a four year person get...in pay
what would a 6 year person get...in pay

Would there be any student loans on these people...if these people right now, were not paying the 300 to 800 a month for their student loans how would that extra money impact our economic systems.

Would they be cash awards for kids who was on the AB honor role..

Would they give away cars to kids every year who had the top grades..

Would they give teachers who had the top averages in the school all expenses paid field trips to where they wanted to go..

Would there be lower teacher/student ratio like the schools that have the highest ratio of Merit Scholars whose ratios are 1 teacher to 12 students.

Would there by study halls in which the teachers knew the homework assignments and prompt the students towards doing the assignment..

Would there by after school care in which all homework was required to be done...

Would there be web sites for each class with all their grades and homework assignments and school assignments on the web, so that, the parents can know what is missing and you can down load anything that was needed in order to make sure that the work get done....

Would there be a tax deduction for all parents that have their kids on the AB honor role...
I sure you can come up with a few more that would be better then finger pointing....please feel free to add and and then...

Please sent this post on to as many people as you can...sent it to your congressman or woman...as we must stop the practice of finger pointing as a solution.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#2New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 18:17:09
Which Wal-Mart employee makes $30,000 a year? lol

Live Oak, Florida
#3New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 18:23:52
@raditz8526 Said

Which Wal-Mart employee makes $30,000 a year? lol

I know two people who work for wal-mark..They are a married couple. They have been working for wal-mark for eight years; and they, both make over 30 a year.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#4New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 18:27:52
@ThunderingEcho Said

I know two people who work for wal-mark..They are a married couple. They have been working for wal-mark for eight years; and they, both make over 30 a year.

That's hardly the average employee.

Assuming a 40 hour work week, that would average to about $14.50 an hour, which is about twice what an employee would make. lol
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#5New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 18:29:04
Lets be honest, the education system is exactly what we make it. When I am saying "we" I am saying humans in general.

Look at our core goals as a speices, it directly represents what we value as humans.

1. Protection

More money is spent world wide for military arms and service than any other thing. And we are just protecting ourselfs from each other.

2. Procreation

You don't need to be tought in school how to make children, even morons seem to know how to breed.

3. Food

With the availiblity of massive easily obtained consumer food stuffs, why would I need to go 4 years to school to obtain it. I can be a bum living in the street for the rest of my life and I would still have the the 4 food groups availible to me.

See the problem isn't education or even the people who provide education. The problem is humans and our core needs being meet without edication. There for its value is not paramount.

Live Oak, Florida
#6New Post! Mar 10, 2009 @ 19:28:57
@raditz8526 Said

That's hardly the average employee.

Assuming a 40 hour work week, that would average to about $14.50 an hour, which is about twice what an employee would make. lol

But this is not about how much wal-marks pays as it is about pointing fingers as a soulution for our educational needs; however I will address your issue...Ok...they don't work 40 hours weeks leastwise not last year (this year, who knows)...according to the statistics Americans on average are working about 60 hours a week..Most people in Florida working labor makes around 12 dollars an hour x 60= which comes to how much?

For instance, school bus drivers in Naples,Fl starts out at about 11.80 an hour..for those who has been driving a while they get as much as 15.50 an hour....however teachers there start at 26,000.00 a year and the poverty level is 27,000.oo.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs