Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#16New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:21:14
@Electric_Banana Said

Anyone notice that music went from fun and innocent to what looks nowadays to be propositional mind control junk and mockery of mental illness?

It occurred during the drug era in the sixties and you can actually see the change the Beatles took in their music as their albums progressed.

I'm trying not to knock rock, I grew up with Maiden, Twisted Sister, Cooper and Megadeth

But it is interesting to see the change in artists material after illegal drug use started to become common.

But... the Beatles got way better after they started using drugs... Pink Floyd, Led Zep etc., are brilliant and used drugs. I think music just goes through lame phases sometimes, and we are in one of them now.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#17New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:24:01
@bob_the_fisherman Said

But... the Beatles got way better after they started using drugs... Pink Floyd, Led Zep etc., are brilliant and used drugs. I think music just goes through lame phases sometimes, and we are in one of them now.

I take it you don't like PINK?
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#18New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:28:16
@GSnap Said

Who?

I honestly know nothing about her other than she looks butch...
AlkiRose On October 11, 2011

Auburn, Washington
#19New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:30:35
@someone_else Said

El Tino is the forum administrator.

Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#20New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:33:03
@GSnap Said

Erm are you saying that not only is Pink drop-to-my-kness-and-submiss gorgeous but she's also drug free?

I really need a cold shower now.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#21New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:34:22
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Who?

I honestly know nothing about her other than she looks butch...

That woman CAN SING! She sang a rendition of Me and Bobby McGhee that had some of the most huge of Joplin fans in awe.

She is freaking awesome.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#22New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:35:30
@Electric_Banana Said

Erm are you saying that not only is Pink drop-to-my-kness-and-submiss gorgeous but she's also drug free?

I really need a cold shower now.

I think she is gorgeous too. Most of the time she does look butch, but she cleans up very nicely. I think she is an amazing talent. Most people don't realize that because they just see how she looks sometimes and don't take her serious.

, New Zealand
#23New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:45:20
@GSnap Said

I think she is gorgeous too. Most of the time she does look butch, but she cleans up very nicely. I think she is an amazing talent. Most people don't realize that because they just see how she looks sometimes and don't take her serious.

I like her songs. I really do. I like dance / Electronica.

I also like the girl that does "Poker Face." I know people make fun of her because she is mainstream but I can feel her music.

Auburn, Washington
#24New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:50:02
@Electric_Banana Said

I like her songs. I really do. I like dance / Electronica.

I also like the girl that does "Poker Face." I know people make fun of her because she is mainstream but I can feel her music.

Ahh Lady GaGa, she's got her own style, I love that about her, she doesn't conform to anything, which is why (I think) people make fun of her, because they don't have enough kahoonies to do the same stuff she does.

I mean a lobster ?? Really? No one else would d othat.. and I think it\'s freaking cool.

, New Zealand
#25New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 01:54:58
@AlkiRose Said

Ahh Lady GaGa, she's got her own style, I love that about her, she doesn't conform to anything, which is why (I think) people make fun of her, because they don't have enough kahoonies to do the same stuff she does.

I mean a lobster ?? Really? No one else would d othat.. and I think it\'s freaking cool.

Well she does go out of her way to be surreal or absurd for attention like Marilyn Manson.

But it's her beautiful voice and the rythme of the music written to go along with it.

I've also got a thing for chics that can successfully pull off wearing heavy bright red lipstick - like No Doubt.

Auburn, Washington
#26New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 02:00:03
@Electric_Banana Said

Well she does go out of her way to be surreal or absurd for attention like Marilyn Manson.

But it's her beautiful voice and the rythme of the music written to go along with it.

I've also got a thing for chics that can successfully pull off wearing heavy bright red lipstick - like No Doubt.

I don't think No Doub pulls off that bright red lipstick, she looks like a little girl playing dress-up to me...
And I hear ya with Lady GaGa, it's just that to me her personal style matches her music so much for me and it really makes her one big star in my eyes, you know? With how much they are televised and marketed nowdays, image really has to be just as great as the vocals...

I miss the days that rockers could be the UGLIEST M.F.kers ever but because they rocked it so awesomely, everybody flipped out over them... I don't feel it's the same way anymore...

, New Zealand
#27New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 02:04:23
@AlkiRose Said

I don't think No Doub pulls off that bright red lipstick, she looks like a little girl playing dress-up to me...
And I hear ya with Lady GaGa, it's just that to me her personal style matches her music so much for me and it really makes her one big star in my eyes, you know? With how much they are televised and marketed nowdays, image really has to be just as great as the vocals...

I miss the days that rockers could be the UGLIEST M.F.kers ever but because they rocked it so awesomely, everybody flipped out over them... I don't feel it's the same way anymore...

When I first heard Poison back in the eighties I thought that they were manly looking women until I realized what was going on.

Me and my friends all agreed that the music was awesome just as long as you didn't watch any videos.

And Poison was fun party metal.

Auburn, Washington
#28New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 02:14:07
@Electric_Banana Said

When I first heard Poison back in the eighties I thought that they were manly looking women until I realized what was going on.

Me and my friends all agreed that the music was awesome just as long as you didn't watch any videos.

And Poison was fun party metal.

I know =p I grew up on Poison Metallica AC/DC etc etc... the weirdest memory I have is my parents allowing me to watch "The Wall" when I was 9 and... man... my 9 year old brain was not ready to comprehend the epicness of Pink Floyd lol

, New Zealand
#29New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 02:32:25
@AlkiRose Said

I know =p I grew up on Poison Metallica AC/DC etc etc... the weirdest memory I have is my parents allowing me to watch "The Wall" when I was 9 and... man... my 9 year old brain was not ready to comprehend the epicness of Pink Floyd lol

The kids with their eyes gouged out to look like sausages really upset me for years.

I think the masks were meant to look as if they had no faces whatsoever but given special affects at the time holes had to be dug out for eyes and mouth.

I think I was twelve when I first saw The Wall video.

Auburn, Washington
#30New Post! Dec 22, 2010 @ 07:42:09
@Electric_Banana Said

The kids with their eyes gouged out to look like sausages really upset me for years.

I think the masks were meant to look as if they had no faces whatsoever but given special affects at the time holes had to be dug out for eyes and mouth.

I think I was twelve when I first saw The Wall video.

It was the "flowers" that was stuck in my head forever, and when the kids were grinded into meat >.< I shouldn't of watched either of those parts... LOL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs