The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Why is the press & american's seemingly giving Cruz law breaking a pass?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Jan 15, 2016 @ 23:42:45
Does this NOT bother anyone?
https://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/01/15/if-media-cant-explain-this-clear-campaign-finan/208009
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 00:08:53
if trump and romey has millions, they have ran a candidates for president. because they are rich.

i personally don't care about how much money, a candidate spend on his campaign. he can't explain where the money came from. how does his party doesn't where his money came from, either. you have questions, his party as well. the government should question him , not the public.

the voters are judge the candidate for a different reasons to choose him. but the party of he is representing should know all about the candidate before they nominating.

i vote for the candidate that has experiences in congress. i didn't voted ohama in the first election. he didn't enough experience in anything that quality to be a president.
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 00:19:56
I find it more interesting that the press isn't calling out the Republicans who complained about Obama's citizenship.

I have heard the press and some Republicans refer to McCain and Romney's father, but (to me) the more interesting comparison is Obama....

1. Obama was born in the USA.

2. Even if Obama had not been born in the USA, his mother was a U.S. citizen.

We even had this debate regarding Obama's citizenship here on TFS.

It seems that the people who didn't think that Obama should have been allowed to run for office have become silent on the issue.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#4New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 00:33:32
simmering - besides if's after the fact, but can't impeach him now, the government works too slow. BTW, legitimate questions over his birth certificate were never fully disclosed.

Enough people care about this, and about the CRUZ - but most are just spinning their wheels over the outrageousness of these kind of things.
Not enough people with the right kind of skills/money/power/authority care ..... enough to put all of that at risk, or on the line.

@chaski Said

I find it more interesting that the press isn't calling out the Republicans who complained about Obama's citizenship.

I have heard the press and some Republicans refer to McCain and Romney's father, but (to me) the more interesting comparison is Obama....

1. Obama was born in the USA.

It seems that the people who didn't think that Obama should have been allowed to run for office have become silent on the issue.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 00:33:48
@chaski Said

Oama was born in the USA.

it is funny that trump, that not funny. it is interesting that trump who was only one challenged obama, where he was born.

right now, nobody should interest in obama's past, before he was a president. you had 10 years, to find dirty on him. he will be gone next january, let us move on.
Stalker

#6New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 00:41:07
@DuLu Said

BTW, legitimate questions over his birth certificate were never fully disclosed.

Incorrect.

Actually the birth certificate issue was resolved.

@DuLu Said

simmering - besides if's after the fact, but can't impeach him now, the government works too slow. BTW, legitimate questions over his birth certificate were never fully disclosed.

Enough people care about this, and about the CRUZ - but most are just spinning their wheels over the outrageousness of these kind of things.
Not enough people with the right kind of skills/money/power/authority care ..... enough to put all of that at risk, or on the line.

BUT, as I stated...even if it were not, Obama' mother was a U.S. citizen. My point is not about potential "impeachment" it is about the silence on the topic...

The comparisons being....

Obama > Born in USA to U.S. citizen mother

McCain > Born out of country, but on a U.S. military base to U.S. citizen mother & father.

Romney > Born out of country to U.S. citizen mother & father.

Cruz > Born out of country to U.S, citizen mother.

Of that group Cruz has the least number of things going for his argument that he is eligible to run for president.

As stated, I wonder why the media, the republicans and many on TFS are silent on the Obama part of the comparison.

Edit/Addition...even Cruz has reason to bring up the comparison. "Hey, my mother was a U.S. citizen just like Obama's"
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#7New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 00:57:35
Maybe media wise, as far as noise being made - reference Obama and the birth certificate. But not in the minds of a good number of everyday citizens. Still that 'something not quite right there' niggling in our minds, not resting.

Just as in the O. J. Simpson media heyday - the courts and the media may of come to a resolution and then moved on to other newsworthy events - but ..... in the minds of citizens there was little doubt.
Yup, no proof, true dat, and the jury did their thing, so move on,
but peeps knew/know what is ..... the 'real' story was. Got over big there. But what goes around, comes around, and it has for Simpson.

As far as Cruz goes and why not more of a to do about his citizenship, more so than the others even? Don't know the answer, only possibility random thought/answer that comes into my mind is because his past media exposure and the way he presents himself is more to the liking of mainstream Americans (no matter how they became Americans) ---- more so than Obama did. I dunno.

@chaski Said

Incorrect.

Actually the birth certificate issue was resolved.

BUT, as I stated...even if it were not, Obama' mother was a U.S. citizen. My point is not about potential "impeachment" it is about the silence on the topic...

The comparisons being....

Obama > Born in USA to U.S. citizen mother

McCain > Born out of country, but on a U.S. military base to U.S. citizen mother & father.

Romney > Born out of country to U.S. citizen mother & father.

Cruz > Born out of country to U.S, citizen mother.

Of that group Crux has the least number of things going for his argument that he is eligible to run for president.

As stated, I wonder why the media, the republicans and many on TFS are silent on the Obama part of the comparison.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 01:00:04
i kind of looking that candidate that was a born out of the country. one of the parent is usa citizen and the other was born in another country.

i think that ok to run for candidate. if is alien from ork, i would question him.

i think maybe not nonsense not the right word. it sound like we worry about someone who is out of the cold war. we all see " the manchurian candidate. " really!
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#9New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 01:00:37
Some times, it depends on the other candidates too.
Take the lesser evil, even overlook things such as misuse of funds or questions of birth ---- as LONG as 'those other' candidates don't get elected because 'they' are not supportive enough of the things that are important to any one/many voter(s). ?? Just saying. Possibility.
Stalker

#10New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 01:04:38
@DuLu Said

...because his past media exposure and the way he presents himself is more to the liking of mainstream Americans (no matter how they became Americans) ---- more so than Obama did. I dunno.

So if "we" like someone, then it is OK to ignore whether or not they are legitimately and legally allowed to run for the highest office in the USA.

Interesting thought.

Though the supposition that Cruz is liked by more U.S. citizens than Obama is tenuous at best...Obama was actually elected twice by a majority of mainstream voting citizens...Cruz isn't even liked at this point by a majority of mainstream Republican/Conservative voters.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 01:06:04
So who exactly s the one 'calling ' or 'hoping' the American "voters are idiots"
?
Quote:
If media can't get the American public to understand why this sort of behavior, certainly not unique to Cruz, is a big problem, it's no longer the fault of the American public. They aren't the experts. It's the media's job to provide the expertise.

It becoming all to clear just how we have come to this place .
Use to be the media's job was to report the news or make the information available to the public.
Now it seems that said media thinks quote , unquote
" it's no longer the fault of the American public. They aren't the experts .It's the media's job to provide the expertise."
How does a reporter become an expert on something not related to reporting ?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 01:09:34
i don't think most of voters get to involve with politics with the candidates. i think just they just vote for the candidate to beat other candidate. in general. that's is it!
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#13New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 01:11:10
Nope, nope - certainly not okay.
I was going to put a disclaimer after my post saying that is NOT what I believe ..... now it seems I also should of said something along the lines that if 'it' was so, it certainly is NOT okay.

I merely 'put' that out there as a possible answer/reason for the "Why?" that the OP presented, and then as another possible reason for the queries you yourself raised about citizenship etc.

Dunno about the credibility of this source, but here's a source that questions whether the Mom was even a citizen 'long' enough, according to the laws of citizenship at that time.
https://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/Barack-Obama-Citizenship-Scandal-Birth-Certificate/2015/01/28/id/621307/

@chaski Said

So if "we" like someone, then it is OK to ignore whether or not they are legitimately and legally allowed to run for the highest office in the USA.

Interesting thought.

Though the supposition that Cruz is liked by more U.S. citizens than Obama is tenuous at best...Obama was actually elected twice by a majority of mainstream voting citizens...Cruz isn't eve liked at this point by a majority of mainstream Republican/Conservative voters.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#14New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 01:12:55
This is one of the points I was making in one of my latest posts.

@twilitezone911 Said

i don't think most of voters get to involve with politics with the candidates. i think just they just vote for the candidate to beat other candidate. in general. that's is it!
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#15New Post! Jan 16, 2016 @ 01:14:44
Have nothing to base this on, but personally I don't think
either Cruz or Trump will be our next POTUS.

@chaski Said

Interesting thought.

Though the supposition that Cruz is liked by more U.S. citizens than Obama is tenuous at best...Obama was actually elected twice by a majority of mainstream voting citizens...Cruz isn't even liked at this point by a majority of mainstream Republican/Conservative voters.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs