The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

Why is it deemed racist to call blacks black but not whites white?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...13 14 15 · >>
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#31New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 00:50:36
@Jason13 Said

But on the other hand, have you noticed on crimestoppers recently? They'll give a description of the person, but say NOTHING about his skin colour. Looking at the photo of him, he's OBVIOUSLY Asian for example, but it's a medium sized man, with medium build, with dark hair, brown eyes, and was wearing a blue jumper, with dark jeans. They can say everything except Asian appearance, or has a dark complexion, or even if he's caucasian, so it's working both ways. But if their describing a criminal, that "will help with their investigation" they can't even say what race he is. Based on the information I gave above, that could be like 80% of australias population. But if you were to say he was of asian appearance or with a dark complexion, well that would at least narrow it down to around 75%

WE don't get "crime-stoppers" up here, lol, if they wanted to stop crime here they'd have to export virtually the whole population!
When they DO go public seeking some-one, they don't hesitate to use race, they're just "gentle" about it. They prefer a photo, then it doesn't get mentioned at all, bloody wimps!
kinkykaie On December 18, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 00:56:02
@Marcussextus Said

Yeah, caught that on "The Bill".
Seems crazy to me, to call them by race is unacceptable, assign a number to each race and use that instead, and it's different how ?

I know it's no different, also the black male is automatically number 2 and they say white and blacks are equal in todays society.

No wonder black people still feel like they are second class citizens sometimes.
Jason13 On October 22, 2010

Melbourne, Australia
#33New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 00:56:25
@Marcussextus Said

WE don't get "crime-stoppers" up here, lol, if they wanted to stop crime here they'd have to export virtually the whole population!
When they DO go public seeking some-one, they don't hesitate to use race, they're just "gentle" about it. They prefer a photo, then it doesn't get mentioned at all, bloody wimps!

yeah must've forgotten where you were for a second there

But it's also funny when trying to claim something, they have no dramas asking if someone is of Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander decent....Do they complain about being Aboriginal then? I think NOT!
TheBlackGhost On August 27, 2014

Chicago, Illinois
#34New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 01:08:24
Quote:
Why is it deemed racist to call blacks black but not whites white?

Because theyre not all evil.

Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#35New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 02:40:04
@TheBlackGhost Said

Because theyre not all evil.

Which ones?
Or both?
JimminyBeeswax On December 20, 2009

Swamptown, USA, United States
#36New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 04:10:44
@unicorn Said

Just wondering, I have no particular standpoint, just musing...

Two of the more influential groups, the NAACP (the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) & UNCF (the United Negro College Fund) were named by black people, yet the terms "Colored" and "Negro" are considered racist terms, at the very least unpolitically correct.

It has to do with people wanting to find offense in the least of things instead of concerning themselves with substantial issues that actually matter.
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#37New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 04:13:02
@DeepRed Said

Is it racist to call black people black, i thought that was acceptable these days

so did I.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 04:32:44
Some people accused me of being, and would think that I am racist because I posted this reply to the quoted post on another forum, the topic being about immigrants to the UK:

Post I replied to -

Quote:

So, hands up if you honestly think the majority immigrants in the past 40 years have;
1) Attended a grammar school
2) Attended elocution lessons
3) Fully integrated into British society

My Reply -

Quote:
My parents are both immigrants.

I went to a Grammar school, have a degree, and can read, write and speak English better than maybe 75% of white people can.

And the reply I recieved:

Quote:
Why did you specify "white" people in your post, that is racist.

Was I being racist to white people by saying this? Apparantly, the assumption is that I were inadvertently saying that 75% of white people cannot read, write or speak English, or are bad at it, when I were simply being somewhat narcissistic / deluded, whether rightly or wrongly of my own abilities. The only way that this statement implies in any way that 'White people are bad at English', is if the reader assumes that I am bad at it myself.

I never actually intended anything racist at all, other than responding to the post on grammar schooling, but found the replies amusing enough to want to discuss this in a few more places and see what people think.
Allyson On January 20, 2010

Deleted

, Michigan
#39New Post! Dec 18, 2009 @ 04:33:59
@DeepRed Said

Is it racist to call black people black, i thought that was acceptable these days

I agree nothing wrong with either
JimminyBeeswax On December 20, 2009

Swamptown, USA, United States
#40New Post! Dec 19, 2009 @ 17:07:17
@Bhav Said

Some people accused me of being, and would think that I am racist because I posted this reply to the quoted post on another forum, the topic being about immigrants to the UK:

Post I replied to -

My Reply -

And the reply I recieved:

Was I being racist to white people by saying this? Apparantly, the assumption is that I were inadvertently saying that 75% of white people cannot read, write or speak English, or are bad at it, when I were simply being somewhat narcissistic / deluded, whether rightly or wrongly of my own abilities. The only way that this statement implies in any way that 'White people are bad at English', is if the reader assumes that I am bad at it myself.

I never actually intended anything racist at all, other than responding to the post on grammar schooling, but found the replies amusing enough to want to discuss this in a few more places and see what people think.

In my opinion, you weren't being racist, but you ruffled some feathers, otherwise they wouldn't have responded that way.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#41New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 01:48:22
@Jason13 Said

Everyone's pink and chewy on the inside.

Taste like chicken????
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#42New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 01:49:43
@yellowsubgirly3 Said

Black people always felt they were being insulted because of their past. Now they are insulting themselves.

What would you know about any of that???
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#43New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 01:52:10
@jmo Said

It's not racist to call a black person black. Something that made me laugh was when a white American politician referred to a Jamaican guest speaker as an 'African American'.

Well you did say "politician"!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#44New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 01:55:23
i call myself white.
though i change in the sunlight.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#45New Post! Dec 20, 2009 @ 01:56:39
@Marcussextus Said

Nah, up until PC happened, it was a descriptive word, it basically means the same thing as "Indigenous",..local people.
Once all the "sensitivities" happened, logic and common-sense went out the window, now I tend to just call them Aussies, and no-one's protested about that,....yet.

Sensitivities? How quaint.
Sensitive about alien invaders taking their land?
Sensitive about alien invaders taking their resources?
Sensitive about alien invaders taking their kids?
Sensitive about alien invaders taking their culture?
Sensitive about alien invaders polluting the land?
Sensitive about alien invaders raping and murdering their people?

Surely not!
Logic and common-sense went out the window when the alien invaders came.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...13 14 15 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs