Why dont they speak english....??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#1New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 12:03:25
I just went to subway for lunch and it took 10mins to get a sub, normally 3 mins.... but the woman that served me didnt speak english, and if she did it was very little.... Whats going on? i have places to be, other than arguing about having no tomatoes!

Does it annoy you??
aces On December 23, 2013

, Australia
#2New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 12:05:13
thats so wrong fair enough we need equall oppotunity for different races of people to obtain jobs but where do we draw the line????? A non english speaking person should not be able to get a job where communtication is a vital role in the the job....
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 12:07:39
Mark you crack me up!!! You get so angry at small things!
innit!

#4New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 12:07:55
@aces Said
thats so wrong fair enough we need equall oppotunity for different races of people to obtain jobs but where do we draw the line????? A non english speaking person should not be able to get a job where communtication is a vital role in the the job....

I agree, im all for getting foreigners jobs in this country but we do need to draw a line on capablities....
innit!

#5New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 12:09:19
@treebee Said
Mark you crack me up!!! You get so angry at small things!

I know, my brother once drove into another car.. and it was bad.. i got out of the car and stood in a puddle and my foot got wet... iwas so annoyed!!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 12:28:40
Well the guy at the sandwich place i go to only speaks Spannish, so i think it's fun to order really obscure sandwiches to see if he gets it right, it's like a challenge, if i communicate well enough i get a good sandwich, if i don't my punishment is to eat mayonase. Make life fun. Be laid back.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#7New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 12:36:05
This pisses me off too. Last time I flew out of the Sydney Domestic Airport(October, 04), I tried to order Mc. Donalds but every single employee was Chinese and not one could speak english.

Every single person was getting annoyed yet over tolerant of this.

f*** This!!! I thought. When they could not undertand, I'll take one kids meal and one Big Mac Meal, I pointed to the pictures...I want one of those(holding up 1 finger). They continued to get dumber and dumber until I told them that if they don't do my order right and now, I'd drag their yellow butts outside and shove them into a Jet engine.

Amazing how they suddenly understood every word I said after that.
innit!

#8New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 12:41:41
@cobber Said
This pisses me off too. Last time I flew out of the Sydney Domestic Airport(October, 04), I tried to order Mc. Donalds but every single employee was Chinese and not one could speak english.

Every single person was getting annoyed yet over tolerant of this.

f*** This!!! I thought. When they could not undertand, I'll take one kids meal and one Big Mac Meal, I pointed to the pictures...I want one of those(holding up 1 finger). They continued to get dumber and dumber until I told them that if they don't do my order right and now, I'd drag their yellow butts outside and shove them into a Jet engine.

Amazing how they suddenly understood every word I said after that.

Well done mate.. i just looked at this woman really annoyed.

Its becoming an out rage in some areas of the UK, but alot of people dont notice... i do purely because i like to talk to people when they serve me.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#9New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 12:45:00
You should try asking for a meat pie in shop in Cabramatta, South Western Suburbs of Sydney. They don't understand meat pie unless it's in Vietnamese.

This should be the rule: Move to a country, learn their f***ing language or get out!
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#10New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 14:52:39
@cobber Said
You should try asking for a meat pie in shop in Cabramatta, South Western Suburbs of Sydney. They don't understand meat pie unless it's in Vietnamese.

This should be the rule: Move to a country, learn their f***ing language or get out!

Do you speak the language of the aberiginal people. or whatever there called?
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#11New Post! May 19, 2006 @ 06:55:56
@jmo Said
Do you speak the language of the aberiginal people. or whatever there called?

Do they want us to? No. Do they want us to know what they spirituality is fully? No.

So the f*** should I?

f***ing English who think they still rule the waves. Take a trip in a leaky raft, mate!
stonewall On July 06, 2006

Deleted

Darwin, Australia
#12New Post! May 19, 2006 @ 06:58:52
ha ha ha ha try geytting a cab driver in Adelaide that
a knows any more than hello
b actually knows adelaide
c Can get you were you need to be and safely
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#13New Post! May 19, 2006 @ 07:05:59
@stonewall Said
ha ha ha ha try geytting a cab driver in Adelaide that
a knows any more than hello
b actually knows adelaide
c Can get you were you need to be and safely

Sounds like you've been to Sydney.

I like Queensland's Laws for getting a Taxi Licence. Before you can even begin the course, you must pass a basic english language test. When I was looking at getting a licence when I lived in Brisbane, they did this by looking at how you filled in the form and how well you spoke.

If you could not understand the language, you could not even sit the course. Hence, you don't see many asian taxi drivers in Queensland.
stonewall On July 06, 2006

Deleted

Darwin, Australia
#14New Post! May 19, 2006 @ 07:10:02
Cripes since I have been virtually blind and forced to get a taxi here in Darwin hell I even had a driver from Chile but then again we have had some horror events with hoons threatening angd beating up cab drivers still they should at least be able to convers fluently
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#15New Post! May 19, 2006 @ 07:13:43
@cobber Said
Do they want us to? No. Do they want us to know what they spirituality is fully? No.

So the f*** should I?

f***ing English who think they still rule the waves. Take a trip in a leaky raft, mate!

Double standards there Cobber.

Your ancestors invaded a country and did exactly what the many foreign workers you are now complaining about did.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs