The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Why does god put the needs of the few above the needs of the many?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Dec 23, 2020 @ 15:31:11

That moral tenet is about the only objective moral tenet I know of that has not been shown to ever be subjective. Yahweh seems to be doing the wrong thing.

We are told that most of us will end on the wide road to hell while the few end on the narrow path to heaven.

It is demonstrable that nature creates for the best possible end.

Why does Yahweh not follow the better rules he gave nature, and creates us for the worst possible end for the vast majority of us?

A decent father would not have the morals or ethics Yahweh seems to follow.

If true, then we end with more souls lost to Satan than souls saved by Yahweh. Even as scriptures say that Yahweh wills that all souls be saved.

God not getting his will is not allowed. God must always come out ahead. Something is not right for god.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Dec 23, 2020 @ 15:58:26
God lies

Man (scriptures) lies

God is not as "All Powerful" as purported

Heaven Population Control (immigration quotas)

God has an evil streak - we're all aware of his "vengeance" stories

God doesn't exist and the writers didn't do their cross-checks to avoid conflicting story lines.

???

Maybe we all really do go to heaven and someday in the afterlife we can have a nice sit-down dinner with Jeffery Dahmer.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#3New Post! Dec 29, 2020 @ 03:40:15
According to some Gnostics we actually live in hell and what we think is god is actually satan.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 29, 2020 @ 10:19:55
@GreatestIam2 Said

Answer:- "He" doesn't. That is simply a conclusion reached by those who pour over an old book.

@GreatestIam2 Said

It is demonstrable that nature creates for the best possible end.

Yes.

Here is some Chinese Tang poetry for those so inclined:-

"You ask why I live among green mountains,
I laugh but don’t answer, my mind is at ease.
The peach petals follow the water into the distance,
There’s a heaven and earth apart from the world of men."

......or perhaps....

"Our path came to an end at a place with no paths........
.......Then we became lost in a place full of flowers"

Anyway, happy new year to you all. Keep smiling.

gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#5New Post! Dec 29, 2020 @ 14:00:58
He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Jan 05, 2021 @ 10:55:38
4d4m got the joke

But jokes aside....

The Bible is a demonstration of why we cherish a democracy because no, one, single entity will ever be able to handle every single situation correctly.

This is why the Biblical parables often times seem to sneak in some really horrid suggestions among the otherwise good ones.

The Bible is a salad picking of ideals from many different sources at that time. They were packaged and associated with one organization who upheld those ideals but some of the ideals were flawed.

The church, as it stands today, serves as test and demonstration that an governing force requires many people from many viewpoints and life situations to establish fair and realistic laws and policies (and...no...Earth is completely dysfunctional because most of it's inhabitants are not intellectually, psychologically or emotional mature and developed enough to fairly managed the democracy they desperately struggle with.)

Now, to answer the question, some of the Bible's parables seem like bad ones depending on the context in which you associate the metaphor offered.
The one in particular about a 'narrow path' addresses all of us and whether or not we shall achieve 'heaven' on this Earth.

We won't; the nameless majority, that large herd of sheepies, are selfish.

Every day they make choices and decisions that effect many people diversely but those choices and decisions are so small it is never apparent to the nameless majority as to how critical those choices can be.

Here are some examples:

-If everyone chose to eat less meat there would be less wastage at the grocery and less animals INTENTIONALLY brought into existence to butcher and then toss in a bin at the end of the day.

-If people were to adopt instead of insisting on spawning their own blood there wouldn't be an overpopulation issue.

-If wealthy parents didn't force their kids to take labor jobs and, instead, allow them to use their advantage to study and learn new skills then there would be more jobs available for poor families who would desperately need them.

These are just a few of many examples discovered when one begins to consider others around them and choose to be more conservative, not 'more conservative' in their charity, but more conservative in their carbon footprints and how much wastage they enable in a world where there truly are people who starve to death and perish from lack of shelter.

, New Zealand
#7New Post! Jan 05, 2021 @ 11:06:58
@dookie Said

Answer:- "He" doesn't. That is simply a conclusion reached by those who pour over an old book.

Yes.

......or perhaps....

This is finding heaven on earth cognitively but only works well for ghosts =D

With a physical body it is near impossible to mediate, reflect and revere while shelterless in a blizzard and starving.

I think a lot of those Asian philosophers of old had some financial padding and therefor didn't worry too much about the physical ailments as they did the psycho-emo ones.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 05, 2021 @ 11:55:18
@Electric_Banana Said

This is finding heaven on earth cognitively but only works well for ghosts =D

With a physical body it is near impossible to mediate, reflect and revere while shelterless in a blizzard and starving.

I think a lot of those Asian philosophers of old had some financial padding and therefor didn't worry too much about the physical ailments as they did the psycho-emo ones.

You might be surprised by some of the biographical details of many of "those Asian philosophers". Assuming that they all were in some way "padded" from the cruelest our world offers is false.

There is a fundamental trust beyond all, beneath all, within all. Diversification can follow/arise from this "ground" of trust.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jan 05, 2021 @ 12:18:06
I think we set conditions for "trust" to arise. Or we see "grace" as a proposal. But both are "empty" as those "old Asian philosophers" would argue.

But hey, why bother with such mumbo jumbo?
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 06, 2021 @ 11:40:26
"There’s a heaven and earth apart from the world of men."

Seeking to offer the possibility that peach blossoms can be appreciated by those beset by suffering, read the above as experienced, known and understood by Asian philosophers (or whatever description is thought fitting of those beyond our ken)

The words are the "realisation of dualism within non-duality" (Dogen) The reality expounded is NOT an ultimate dualism.....of a heaven and earth APART from the "world of men", but of a diversification that arises from the "ground" of Reality. Sharing the Ground the heart can roam, this without betrayal of the reality of suffering as we surely know it. Simply because the "ground" is mercy, grace, forgiveness..... "empty."

My apologies for such mumbo jumbo, but we each have to tell it as we see it. Sadly, most of what I now hear from others is pure nonsense.

, New Zealand
#11New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 10:23:27
@dookie Said

You might be surprised by some of the biographical details of many of "those Asian philosophers". Assuming that they all were in some way "padded" from the cruelest our world offers is false.

There is a fundamental trust beyond all, beneath all, within all. Diversification can follow/arise from this "ground" of trust.

You mean not only faith that there is good intention behind our current existence but also faith enough in those around us to offer benefit of the doubt?

"There stands a man smoking a cigarette. He condones and nourishes an addictive product that harms the health of the masses. A man like this has no competence nor shame; he couldn't hold a job responsibly, he couldn't keep a wife faithfully!"

But then, upon reflection:

"There stands a man smoking a cigarette."
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jan 07, 2021 @ 11:33:00
@Electric_Banana Said

You mean not only faith that there is good intention behind our current existence but also faith enough in those around us to offer benefit of the doubt?

"There stands a man smoking a cigarette. He condones and nourishes an addictive product that harms the health of the masses. A man like this has no competence nor shame; he couldn't hold a job responsibly, he couldn't keep a wife faithfully!"

But then, upon reflection:

"There stands a man smoking a cigarette."

Sorry, it sounds as if I am saying nothing........but faith as I understand it sets no conditions

It is the "empty" ground from which conditions arise.

Anyway, I might just try painting a little birdie next......

Ottawa, Canada
#13New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 17:04:08
@4d4m Said

According to some Gnostics we actually live in hell and what we think is god is actually satan.

The material I have shows the opposite.

Perhaps you could show your source.

Let me speak to the lie of Gnostic Christians hating matter.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religion’s originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.
1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.
-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.
Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.
[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#14New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 17:11:11
@dookie Said

Yes.

......or perhaps....

Same to you buddy.

"Answer:- "He" doesn't. That is simply a conclusion reached by those who pour over an old book."

Where did you get your opinion from if not some book?

Do you believe that what you say of the gods can be true?

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#15New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 17:32:13
@gakINGKONG Said

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Yes, but more rain on the unrighteous majority.

Thanks for showing your poor off topic apologetics.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs