Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...27 28 29 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Nov 14, 2010 @ 21:46:56
Why does God create sub standard souls?

In the beginning, God judged his creations good. Gen 1; 31

Scripture says that God is perfect and that his works are as well. Matt 5; 48, Deu 32; 4
Many do not think that things are particularly good or perfect yet scripture says they must be. Matt 7; 18

You will likely agree with those who say that there is more evil than good in the world. I tend to disagree but few see things as I do.
Many think that things are bad but that they are going exactly the way God wants and if you are in this camp, I thank you for your opinion and discard it as quite illogical.

In fact, if you look at the system God created from afar, you would have to say, if theist opinion is true, that God has screwed up fairly badly because more of the souls he is reported to love, go to hell rather than heaven. You might also wonder why God could not control heaven when only the angels were there and why he also lost control of the earth and had to use genocide on man in Noah?s day. God, after all, is supposed to be master of all, yet things do not go his way.

This observation of our system being corrupted, that you likely see, contradicts scripture and God?s judgment of good, which is upgraded to perfect. Deu 32; 4

The logic trail of the scriptures quoted says that the initial perfection or good that God created will maintain itself in that condition and pass it up over time. It cannot backslide.

It happens that some have asked themselves this before. A group of Jews whose culture was instrumental in shaping Christian belief. Scripture is based on their theories of God. I do not know if you would give them regard for a higher insight because of that but I give you this link to help jog the mind. I would not call it entertaining so much as enlightening. In fact, if you are not disturbed by it you will not likely be able to contribute a sound answer to this post. Unfortunately, I do not have the complete series but I do have the pertinent part. They found that God was guilty of abandoning them.
It appears that God has also abandoned the rest of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7irFN2gdI

For those who think that God should not be judged, I offer this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

Adults can and should judge God?s performance.

As bad as things were for the Jews in the holocaust, I would remind you that about 16,000 of us starve to death daily while God, as in WWII, does nothing. This about equals in one year the number of Jews that were exterminated. We have been losing that many for some years now.

----------------------------------------------

Who is correct?

God, who judged all things good or perfect.

Or.

Most theists, who think that things are not good or perfect and that they will not get better till end time.

As a bonus question, why can God not produce one obviously good man without pestering a virgin and why does he keep producing sub standard souls or does he make them as perfect as scripture says?

Regards
DL
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#2New Post! Nov 14, 2010 @ 21:58:46
Is sub standard the stuck up way of mentally, or physically disabled?
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#3New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 04:18:05
God created us (or we evolved or were born) innocent. What we become is the product of our genes and upbringing. I think evil is so obviously wrong to anyone who considers doing evil to others if they put themselves in the victim's place, no matter how they're brought up, can keep themselves from becoming evil if they merely refuse to make themselves more important.

It's the foundation of the one moral rule, the Golden Rule, and I think it's embedded in us all. But some of us decide they want to turn it off and teach themselves how not to empathize.

God (if He exists) doesn't create sub standard souls, He merely gave us the capacity to choose to become corrupt on our own.

This stuff becomes so much simpler when we chuck the confusing, fabricated & contradictory man made scriptures and use only the Golden Rule as our moral code. It is truly as simple as that.
Bimbo On November 16, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Monaco
#4New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 04:19:25
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#5New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 04:21:48
What the hell is a sub standard soul?
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 04:24:03
@GSnap Said

A person that the OP dislikes, perhaps?
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#7New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 04:24:44
@eternus_somnium Said

A person that the OP dislikes, perhaps?

What a horrifying way to speak of another human being. Even people I do not like I would not refer to in such a manner.
Bimbo On November 16, 2010

Deleted
Banned

, Monaco
#8New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 04:26:19
@GSnap Said

Yeah, lol. If we are spiritual beings of some kind, I doubt the concept of 'sub-standard' even comes into it lol.
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#9New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 04:32:14
@Bimbo Said

Yeah, lol. If we are spiritual beings of some kind, I doubt the concept of 'sub-standard' even comes into it lol.

Yea. The very mention of it and also mentioning God in the same sentence makes me feel sick. Do people really have any idea what they are saying, or do they just not give a s***?

I'm pretty sure that if God does exist in the manner Christians would have us believe, he doesn't see ANY Of his people as sub standard souls.

This is why I hate religion.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#10New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 04:33:19
I think God made all of us and he made us all equal, NO ONE has a sub standard soul. We are all born equal, then nature and nurture come into play.

And yes, evil exists in this world but a lot of times we define people as evil when they do things we do not agree with and we need to come up with something to feel better because no regular person is going to do those things. I will make an exception for a sociopath, they are evil.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#11New Post! Nov 15, 2010 @ 06:18:24
@DorkySupergirl Said

I think God made all of us and he made us all equal, NO ONE has a sub standard soul. We are all born equal, then nature and nurture come into play.

And yes, evil exists in this world but a lot of times we define people as evil when they do things we do not agree with and we need to come up with something to feel better because no regular person is going to do those things. I will make an exception for a sociopath, they are evil.

Would an evil sociopath be sub-human, concerning his moral bearing anyway?
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#12New Post! Nov 18, 2010 @ 03:32:40
God created this planet and handed it over to us as a gift. to do with as we saw fit even the scriptures say this. Even science draws human genetics back to one source, one man and one woman, the choice for them to become imperfect was not their imperfection. Part of their perfection was free will. God has allowed us to live with our choices. We make this world the way it is and then blame God for our misdeeds. That's like your plant dieing because you failed to water it and you blame the person that gave it to you for giving you a plant that needed to be watered. the scriptures and every wise and righteous teaching are suggestions on how to live in this world peacefully. But a true law of God is one that CAN'T be broken and that goes for the law of causality, cause and effect. that's just my take on it
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#13New Post! Nov 18, 2010 @ 06:04:19
@calonso Said

God created this planet and handed it over to us as a gift. to do with as we saw fit even the scriptures say this. Even science draws human genetics back to one source, one man and one woman, the choice for them to become imperfect was not their imperfection. Part of their perfection was free will. God has allowed us to live with our choices. We make this world the way it is and then blame God for our misdeeds. That's like your plant dieing because you failed to water it and you blame the person that gave it to you for giving you a plant that needed to be watered. the scriptures and every wise and righteous teaching are suggestions on how to live in this world peacefully. But a true law of God is one that CAN'T be broken and that goes for the law of causality, cause and effect. that's just my take on it

I agree, in a metaphorical sense anyway. But did God give us the true law? No, we have to deduce it (which we did), while avoiding piling a bunch of excess crap into it (which we didn't, which keeps us from uniting on the core agreement). That's another consequence of our free will.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#14New Post! Nov 18, 2010 @ 06:11:05
I'm sub standard, are the Christians racing to explain my existance now?

How can Banana be? This act of stupidity could not have been god's fault!

I don't know man, I'll play. I usually don't join much in the religious non sense but from the way I see it, God is all of us combined and until we get our s*** straight, we're all f***ed.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#15New Post! Nov 18, 2010 @ 06:18:26
@Electric_Banana Said

I'm sub standard, are the Christians racing to explain my existance now?

How can Banana be? This act of stupidity could not have been god's fault!

I don't know man, I'll play. I usually don't join much in the religious non sense but from the way I see it, God is all of us combined and until we get our s*** straight, we're all f***ed.

To be sub standard means you see evil as a goal.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...27 28 29 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs