The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Why do the Abraham religions not use God?s true name?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#31New Post! Nov 23, 2010 @ 21:12:12
@calonso Said

Worshiping anything that is not God is idol worship. I'm saying that God is above naming and the act of labeling is a human thing. A person can call God a million different things but he doesn't listen to the worship of the mouth but the worship of the heart and this is a spiritual language. In the bible he even says that some people worship him with their tounges but their hearts are far from him. the scriptures do say to honor the son just as the father and it was the father and the son in the beginning. He did say "let us make man in OUR image" seemingly they are equals in that regard. and people worshiped Jesus ever since he was born, all God said to that is "this is my son in whom I am well pleased" but ultimately the scriptures say that the only way to the father is through christ. So I think that worshiping any part of the trinity is ok and anything outside of it idol worship.

Two things you might find useful.

The first shows where I think the scriptures were born.
The second shows you how Constantine, a tyrant, decided to make Jesus divine by forcing his Church to accept his retarded Trinity construct.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x84m5k_2007doc-zone-pagan-christ-1-of-3_news

https://home.pacific.net.au/~amaxwell/bdigest/bd12bbs.tx

This third shows how you should think of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

Regards
DL
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Nov 24, 2010 @ 08:27:04
@calonso Said

Worshiping anything that is not God is idol worship. I'm saying that God is above naming and the act of labeling is a human thing. A person can call God a million different things but he doesn't listen to the worship of the mouth but the worship of the heart and this is a spiritual language. In the bible he even says that some people worship him with their tounges but their hearts are far from him. the scriptures do say to honor the son just as the father and it was the father and the son in the beginning. He did say "let us make man in OUR image" seemingly they are equals in that regard. and people worshiped Jesus ever since he was born, all God said to that is "this is my son in whom I am well pleased" but ultimately the scriptures say that the only way to the father is through christ. So I think that worshiping any part of the trinity is ok and anything outside of it idol worship.

calonso, from my own perspective you equate Christianity and its creeds with Christ. This is an obvious thing to do, but personally I would say they need to be separated. Christ is the "eternal Word who lights everyone who comes into the world", therefore we ALL live in the light - or presence - of Christ. For me, the "presence of Christ" is beyond definition, beyond creed, beyond words, and to seek to capture it and make it our "own" is lack of faith, not its expression. Perhaps this is one of the things at the heart of any genuine spirituality, the recognition that to seek to impose our own definitions on any other human being is error. Each of us is unique.

One of the key phrases of the Vedas, the Holy book of the Hindu Faith, is "Thou art formless, your only form is our knowledge of you". Such insight was known and lived by when the Israelites were still prone to describe the Diety in more concrete ways. To me, it would be wrong to assume that any Hindu was necessarily guilty of idolatry purely becasue he - or she - was seeking the divine through stories of Krishna rather than Jesus.........or even "worshipping" Krishna rather than Jesus.

Again, I once read of a famous Christian evangelist saying that when we get to heaven the only difference we shall see between the Father and the Son would be the nail prints in the Son's hands. Sorry, but this is idolatry pure and simple, turning what is invisible and beyond words into concrete images. I do not accept that such images are sanctioned by a God only because they are Christian, yet who then condemns other images purely because they are of another Faith. As you said, the Divine would see the heart.

Just my own way of seeing things.

All the best
tariki
calonso On January 16, 2014

Orlando, Florida
#33New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 03:24:39
@tariki Said

calonso, from my own perspective you equate Christianity and its creeds with Christ. This is an obvious thing to do, but personally I would say they need to be separated. Christ is the "eternal Word who lights everyone who comes into the world", therefore we ALL live in the light - or presence - of Christ. For me, the "presence of Christ" is beyond definition, beyond creed, beyond words, and to seek to capture it and make it our "own" is lack of faith, not its expression. Perhaps this is one of the things at the heart of any genuine spirituality, the recognition that to seek to impose our own definitions on any other human being is error. Each of us is unique.

One of the key phrases of the Vedas, the Holy book of the Hindu Faith, is "Thou art formless, your only form is our knowledge of you". Such insight was known and lived by when the Israelites were still prone to describe the Diety in more concrete ways. To me, it would be wrong to assume that any Hindu was necessarily guilty of idolatry purely becasue he - or she - was seeking the divine through stories of Krishna rather than Jesus.........or even "worshipping" Krishna rather than Jesus.

Again, I once read of a famous Christian evangelist saying that when we get to heaven the only difference we shall see between the Father and the Son would be the nail prints in the Son's hands. Sorry, but this is idolatry pure and simple, turning what is invisible and beyond words into concrete images. I do not accept that such images are sanctioned by a God only because they are Christian, yet who then condemns other images purely because they are of another Faith. As you said, the Divine would see the heart.

Just my own way of seeing things.

All the best
tariki

Well said tariki, I do agree with most of what you said. Only thing about the hindu faith is that it is polygamist, i believe in the idea of there only being the One Most High. Christianity doesn't have any 'creeds' I know there are many Christian churches that practice their own creeds, and I've seen a few myself. but Christianity is only about the life and teachings of Christ. The thing about denominations is that, like you said, the presence of the divine is beyond words and cannot be captured. to me, a faith can serve to bring us knowledge of Most High but an actual belief and relationship is between you and the creator. Though I am a Christian I would never say someone of another faith, no matter how devout they were, is hell bound. For one, the Word says not to judge, though a sad number of people do.

I know that the divine is beyond ALL human understanding and the ones that want to believe they can understand it are usually the ones not heeding the actual scripture yet they deem their interpretations correct. This happens to all faiths, including atheism. (I put atheism in there because I think it takes a lot of faith [jk])
But I prefer it this way, man hasn't figured out his own politics, much less the divine. And so I find it interesting that God says in Daniel 12 to 'go your own way because the words are shut up till the time of the end'
spawn On December 01, 2010

Burlington, Kansas
#34New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 04:09:48
NOOOOO!!!!! It does say its name is I am. It says its name is IAM. Yod, Aleph, Mem, in the Hebrew. It is another algebraic and is a comment on YHVH, the Holy Name. The TRUE name is written in nature and the physical universe. That is the meaning of the algebraic, Yod Aleph Mem ~ the light that infuses the waters of the beginning.

Burlington, Kansas
#35New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 04:18:08
Nor was it ever suggested that the Devine is beyond human understanding. It is taught that the Devine is beyond COMMON human understanding and should be left to trained rabbinical scholars well versed in qabalah. Why? Because it cannot be contained in mundane words. It requires its own algebraic. That is what qabalah is. No one not versed in qabalah has the vaguest notion what scripture says. ALL of it that is not the laws man is to live by socially is in that code. This has been accepted in Judaism sense? well, as long as there is any record of. Yet it is ignored by Western ?gentiles? who are more inclined to invent fad religions from sack cloth.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#36New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 07:14:43
@spawn Said

Nor was it ever suggested that the Devine is beyond human understanding. It is taught that the Devine is beyond COMMON human understanding.....snip.

I wonder if that pertains to the Divine as well?

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 09:03:57
@spawn Said

Nor was it ever suggested that the Devine is beyond human understanding. It is taught that the Devine is beyond COMMON human understanding and should be left to trained rabbinical scholars well versed in qabalah. Why? Because it cannot be contained in mundane words. It requires its own algebraic. That is what qabalah is. No one not versed in qabalah has the vaguest notion what scripture says. ALL of it that is not the laws man is to live by socially is in that code. This has been accepted in Judaism sense? well, as long as there is any record of. Yet it is ignored by Western ?gentiles? who are more inclined to invent fad religions from sack cloth.

As the great bard Bob Dylan once sang so eloquently, "Most likely your'll go your way and I'll go mine"

(Is "Devine" a Qabalic spelling, known only to the initiates and thosed who have passed the exams, or do you mean divine?)

Burlington, Kansas
#38New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 10:17:29
@tariki Said

As the great bard Bob Dylan once sang so eloquently, "Most likely your'll go your way and I'll go mine"

(Is "Devine" a Qabalic spelling, known only to the initiates and thosed who have passed the exams, or do you mean divine?)

No? but it is a common spelling error tic we have. Divine is derived from deity, deist, etcetera. We often think things in there qabalah root. But it is just a tic. Dao is a root. So is Daat. And Dalet. None are it, but paths to the CROWN.

Burlington, Kansas
#39New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 10:23:33
@tariki Said

While not a proper spelling anywhere that I know of, if it were consistently used I would recognize it as a tagging ~ the mark of a Majikian. The are inclined to break conventional rules to convey to each other in code. But, in this case it was just one of those tics as I was in the midst of a really cool painting and not giving the post all my attention. I don?t post here for a grade based on spelling nor grammar.

Burlington, Kansas
#40New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 10:26:06
@spawn Said

No? but it is a common spelling error tic we have. Divine is derived from deity, deist, etcetera. We often think things in there qabalah root. But it is just a tic. Dao is a root. So is Daat. And Dalet. None are it, but paths to the CROWN.

I hope you are not a fan of that retched racist. I love me some Janus, but Bobby is the bigots bigot.

Burlington, Kansas
#41New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 10:37:30
@spawn Said

NOOOOO!!!!! It does say its name is I am. It says its name is IAM. Yod, Aleph, Mem, in the Hebrew. It is another algebraic and is a comment on YHVH, the Holy Name. The TRUE name is written in nature and the physical universe. That is the meaning of the algebraic, Yod Aleph Mem ~ the light that infuses the waters of the beginning.

This may not be clear unless you are very analytical. It is NOT the I am of ego. Only those with ego would read it that way. This is a ploy often used in Middle Eastern text to make a point. The same is done with days of creation. A day is a phase in Hebrew script, as it is in ancient Egyptian hieroglyph. So it was a punning and riddle to say a creation happens in seven days that would be further explained in minute details relative to the script ~ kind of like what the monks of the middle ages attempted with illuminated manuscripts. It was meant to be clear to the learned scholar and to reveal the fool in his folly. According to the text in qabalah we are still in the midst of the seven days (phases). They are NOT along the line of time. They are dimensions perpendicular to that line that intersect with it at a point corresponding to what would be the second interval of an octave.

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#42New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 10:42:30
@spawn Said

I hope you are not a fan of that retched racist. I love me some Janus, but Bobby is the bigots bigot.

oh dear......

Burlington, Kansas
#43New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 10:46:29
@tariki Said

oh dear......

I had a brief thing with Janus and didn?t even meet Bobby. But he was THE SOUND when many of us were breaking free so I was a huge fan. I still recognize him as a fine poet with an interesting New York view ~ but lacking any wisdom whatsoever after being told of his racist phobias.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#44New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 11:43:29
@tariki Said

oh dear......

I'm thinking that it's time for me to go back to having religion and philosophy blocked again..

And it was just getting normal, lively, and educational again after aquines "vacation".
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#45New Post! Nov 28, 2010 @ 11:47:42
@boxerdc Said

I'm thinking that it's time for me to go back to having religion and philosophy blocked again..

And it was just getting normal, lively, and educational again after aquines "vacation".

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs