Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Why do "rebels" bully weird kids?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Carnotaurus On September 27, 2012

A City, Canada
#1New Post! Jul 05, 2012 @ 21:10:40
When I was in high school I was the weird kid. I liked Pokemon, I didn't understand music, I didn't understand sports, I was the weird kid.

I that school there were a lot of people who called themselves "rebels" and "nonconformists". They were the punks and gangstas. They din't call me a rebel though, they called me a "freak". One of them even called me a "tool" for going to the authorities for support.

All my life I have noticed that most people who call themselves "rebels" and "nonconformists" bully people who are more different than they are. It's very confusing.
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 05, 2012 @ 21:11:36
@Carnotaurus Said

When I was in high school I was the weird kid. I liked Pokemon, I didn't understand music, I didn't understand sports, I was the weird kid.

I that school there were a lot of people who called themselves "rebels" and "nonconformists". They were the punks and gangstas. They din't call me a rebel though, they called me a "freak". One of them even called me a "tool" for going to the authorities for support.

All my life I have noticed that most people who call themselves "rebels" and "nonconformists" bully people who are more different than they are. It's very confusing.

Because you stand out?
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#3New Post! Jul 05, 2012 @ 21:13:23
Because you liked Pokemon in high school?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Jul 05, 2012 @ 21:14:31
Why does any bully act like a bully?

It's no different just because the bully and the victim belong to another group.

I myself think bullies are usually insecure twits and try to exert some power and control over others because they lack it in themselves or their own lives.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jul 05, 2012 @ 21:22:11
@someone_else Said

It was all about the Yu Gi Oh's in high school.
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

#6New Post! Jul 05, 2012 @ 21:24:14
@someone_else Said

I never understood Pokemon, what was it all about?
Not a dude.

Deleted

#7New Post! Jul 05, 2012 @ 21:43:38
@Rehabilitation_Please Said

It was all about the Yu Gi Oh's in high school.

Dork.

@MAW Said

I never understood Pokemon, what was it all about?

I don't know. It's some sort of turn-based card battle game.
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

#8New Post! Jul 05, 2012 @ 21:47:26
@someone_else Said

Dork.

I don't know. It's some sort of turn-based card battle game.

Pfffffffffff you do know!
How many cards were in your collection?
Not a dude.

Deleted

#9New Post! Jul 05, 2012 @ 21:51:18
@MAW Said

Pfffffffffff you do know!
How many cards were in your collection?

The scope of my knowledge of Pokemon is a handful of Pokemon names and recognition of the major characters. I worked at Burger King when the movie Pokemon 2000 came out so I was subject to their "marketing."

I think Pikachu is cute.

Oh and there's this...

sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jul 05, 2012 @ 22:55:15
The folk who bullied people at my school did so in gangs (not proper ones, just groups of people) and so were far from nonconformist. They all dressed the same and acted the same and so didn't like anyone who wasn't like them.

I was one of the 'weird' kids at school and hung around with about 30 other people who were lovely but even weirder- the typical World of Warcraft guys, poets and metalheads. Can't count how many times I've been called an emo, goth, jitter, freak, etc and had footballs booted at me and my friends at lunchtimes.

But really there will always be those who bully others in order to display dominance and gain social power. If they aren't secure enough in themselves then they will lash out in order to avoid anyone trying to lash out at them first. Taking on the 'freaks' is always the best bet as they're thought to be the weakest and easiest to make an example of.

Of course when said freaks like playing with swords in their spare time that doesn't always go down well
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs