The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Gender Issues

Why do people assume that "tomboy" means "transgendered"?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
earz On March 12, 2017

ask me, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 12:08:45
I'm in agreement with you. It's ridiculous.

I was a tomboy when I was growing up, I guess I still am... and I used to worry about looking too lesbian. I threw out a perfectly good shirt because I was paranoid that people would think I was a lesbian, and what for? I have nothing against homosexuality. I was young and stupid and far too concerned about what other people thought of me, I guess.

Now tomboys are viewed as trans. It infuriates me, honestly. I firmly believe that people should be free to be what makes them happy without fear of being beat up or killed or ridiculed.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 16:14:38
@NNewt84 Said

Lately, there's this thing that has been going around lately, where girls just assume they're trans men simply because they're a little bit boyish. But... why? Remember when that was called being a tomboy, and they were still considered real girls?

And this has also bled over to the Inside out fandom, who think, just because Riley is a tomboy, that means she's genderfluid, non-binary, or whatever other ridiculous terms they can come up with. Like, seriously - this film showed that girls are capable of being themselves and not giving a s*** about gender expectations, yet these SJW fantards are completely misinterpreting it as some kind of trans agenda, and thus they're only enforcing gender roles by insinuating that Riley isn't a real girl. Like... Why do they do this?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Complains about putting people in boxes by putting people in boxes. Please stop. UR passive aggressiveness always exposes u.
Mankysparrow On April 26, 2017

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 16:26:56
I get annoyed to when I see kids labelled trans just because they don't act like how they are pidgin holed to be. parents are then bringing them up as the other sex, they are far too young to have this decision made for them.untill I was about 11, I was out playing with the boys, I never wore dresses or anything pretty, but I wasn't trans just a tomboy , I'm glad I wasn't given drugs to stop puberty and turned into a male, I'm not male lol. I know some people are born in the wrong body, but it looks like sometime down the line there will be allot of problems where parents have just jumped the gun.
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 16:33:00
@NNewt84 Said

Lately, there's this thing that has been going around lately, where girls just assume they're trans men simply because they're a little bit boyish.

Where do you find nonsense like this?

Is this an Australia thing?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 16:58:55
@chaski Said

Where do you find nonsense like this?

Is this an Australia thing?

And notice nothing about boys who might feel their feminine side........

though I suspect that will be next just to provide cover.
mrmhead On May 02, 2023

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 17:14:26
@NNewt84 Said

Lately, there's this thing that has been going around lately, where girls just assume they're trans men simply because they're a little bit boyish. But... why? Remember when that was called being a tomboy, and they were still considered real girls?

Are you saying the girls themselves think they are trans?
1) it seems like a little more definition is needed
2) it seems they need a little more education so they know what they are talking about
3) it seems they may need to make sure they're not falling into fads or peer pressure (often times pushed by ignorance)

... This is all based on the premise that what NNewt said is viable.
mrmhead On May 02, 2023

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 17:16:52
@shinobinoz Said

And notice nothing about boys who might feel their feminine side........

though I suspect that will be next just to provide cover.

Well, all those boys that like shoulder length hair think they should be girls, right?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 19:15:12
@mrmhead Said

Well, all those boys that like shoulder length hair think they should be girls, right?

apparently using...... "logic"........... as Newt is prone to say.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#10New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 19:27:59
@NNewt84 Said

And this has also bled over to the Inside out fandom, who think, just because Riley is a tomboy, that means she's genderfluid, non-binary, or whatever other ridiculous terms they can come up with. Like, seriously - this film showed that girls are capable of being themselves and not giving a s*** about gender expectations, yet these SJW fantards are completely misinterpreting it as some kind of trans agenda, and thus they're only enforcing gender roles by insinuating that Riley isn't a real girl. Like... Why do they do this?

Who assumes that tomboy means transgendered? Specifically, who? Can you name names, or is this just more generalized assumption based on something you heard someone on Youtube say? Nobody in Canada seems to think this. I haven't heard people making these claims in the US. It just seems to be this small circle of 'They' that seem to generalize about the most idiotic crap, but it's never really apparent who 'They' is. So who are they, Newt? Who are these people who insist that tomboys are transgendered?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 19:29:46
@psycoskunk Said

Who assumes that tomboy means transgendered? Specifically, who? Can you name names, or is this just more generalized assumption based on something you heard someone on Youtube say? Nobody in Canada seems to think this. I haven't heard people making these claims in the US. It just seems to be this small circle of 'They' that seem to generalize about the most idiotic crap, but it's never really apparent who 'They' is. So who are they, Newt? Who are these people who insist that tomboys are transgendered?

Can't he whine, really folks..... let the guy whine!
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#12New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 19:32:26
I transgender, you transgender, he/she/it transgenders...we all transgendered.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#13New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 19:35:34
@chaski Said

How many times must I say that before I go into a transgendered trance?
mrmhead On May 02, 2023

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 19:45:12
@chaski Said

Whispers: I see transgender people
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Jan 22, 2017 @ 20:21:41
when i was grown up, my sister was a " tomboy ".

she dressed like boy, she wears jeans. little girls and teenager girls at that age. don't like wear dresses, if they have to have to.

my sister always played on my brother's baseball team. it was mostly neighborhood gang around the our neighborhood, no real team, just a group of boys playing our park.

most girls like my sister's age, like to fit with the boys. actually, she was a good athlete better some boys in my neighborhood. this is normal.

i read some of this topic, where transgender comes in with girls or ladies.

like " huckberry finn " and " tom sawyer " were gay, because they ran away and spend a lot of time on a raft. or something that stupid.

tomboy - i doubt anybody really consider a little girl, a teenager girl, or a young female adult act their age. they want dress like a boy.

so what!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs